• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1 New skill and 3 Suggestions for skills. So much time typing :/

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Hi, im Archmage_lloyd and im taking up your time... read it anyways

I think a new skill for geomancer or wizard would be nice, I don't exactly play as wizard or Geomancer but i think that this skill could be nice for them;
::DESCRIPTION::
An area of effect technique dealing 15-17 damage to all entities (not including party members) in a 7 block radius. i don't know if there is a skill like this but t sounds nice none the less. (also if not for geomancer or wizard replace it with telekinesis or scan. Cool down 15-30 seconds, 20% mana.
available at level 20 or 25

Skill suggestion

This is for the Necromancer/DK and i find this unusual, it has come to my attention that the necromancer's "plague" ability is a bit useless seeing as it only does 7 damage AND it does it over the time of 21 seconds, and unless its possible to make it bounce back and forth on 2 players, then it is almost quite useless for a level 55 skill

::SUGGESTION::

An area of effect technique that does 7 damage per 2 seconds for 7-9 seconds (OR!!! it does 35 damage over a course of 20 seconds( so 35 damage overall that's 2 damage a second) it spreads to the next entity within a 4 block radius. 20 % mana and 40 sec cool down. (plague cannot affect other dead entities so cant kill skeleton and zombie)

Skill suggestion 2

Necromancers "become death" ability at level 5

Increased duration to 5 minutes ( 300 s ). Decreased cool down to 15 seconds 25% mana cost AND the best part -> immune to poison. (optional : only bone meal can heal you or a bone).
keep all other buffs (optional: one de-buff! healing items damage you for 3 damage every 3 for duration of the potion) seconds full hunger doesn't count only instant healing potions and all.)

Skill suggestion 3

Summon skeleton for Necromancer/DK(?)

The duration is short and the skeleton is weak, ( lol ) My suggestion is make the skeleton time last longer, preferably 200-300 seconds and make health and damage higher ( say 70 hp and 10 base damage <like half the Ranger> ) also the cool down is 120 seconds and 50% mana. (Optional : rename the skill >> Summon Undead Ranger << but skeleton archer works too)

::CONCLUSION::

if you are reading this my IGN is ArchMage_Lloyd and i hope i have bored you with these words these updates i feel would make the game more interesting PVP- wise and PVE- wise
all i ask is you incorporate them into the best server i known since Yogscast RPG server, HERO CRAFT!

While I am always up for making classes more fun, I must say that most of these suggestions serve no purpose other than making the caster path superior in comparison to every other path.
::DESCRIPTION::
An area of effect technique dealing 15-17 damage to all entities (not including party members) in a 7 block radius. i don't know if there is a skill like this but t sounds nice none the less. (also if not for geomancer or wizard replace it with telekinesis or scan. Cool down 15-30 seconds, 20% mana.
available at level 20 or 25

This skill feels exceptionally overpowered , given that it costs slightly more than fireball. Not to mention that you would gain access to it at such an early level. I can maybe understand this skill at level 35, radius 4, and 35% mana, with the same cooldown. It would feel more like a last-ditch effort/finisher. Possibly having it consume an item would also make sense. While a single caster (what path?) using it wouldn't be overly damaging, I can see that the effects would be detrimental in a larger group, almost kamikaze style.
EDIT: looking back at this, I might have been a bit to harsh with my original assessments. It isn't nearly as overpowered as I played it out to be.

This is for the Necromancer/DK and i find this unusual, it has come to my attention that the necromancer's "plague" ability is a bit useless seeing as it only does 7 damage AND it does it over the time of 21 seconds, and unless its possible to make it bounce back and forth on 2 players, then it is almost quite useless for a level 55 skill

I have to agree with you here. It feels like the only purpose of Plague is to make the Necro feel more grim-dark, without much practical usage on the field. However, I could simply be mis-reading this skill, as I am not a Necromancer, therefore I have little experience with said matters.

An area of effect technique that does 7 damage per 2 seconds for 7-9 seconds (OR!!! it does 35 damage over a course of 20 seconds( so 35 damage overall that's 2 damage a second) it spreads to the next entity within a 4 block radius. 20 % mana and 40 sec cool down. (plague cannot affect other dead entities so cant kill skeleton and zombie)

I agree that plague could be made more useful, but this is raising the bar WAY too high. I like the balancing where it is useless against undead mobs (which accounts for most of the hostile mobs in the game), but the effects would be WAY to overpowered in PvP, especially in mass numbers, and esspecially at such a low cost.

Necromancers "become death" ability at level 5

Increased duration to 5 minutes ( 300 s ). Decreased cool down to 15 seconds 25% mana cost AND the best part -> immune to poison. (optional : only bone meal can heal you or a bone).
keep all other buffs (optional: one de-buff! healing items damage you for 3 damage every 3 for duration of the potion) seconds full hunger doesn't count only instant healing potions and all.)

Yet again, this seems far too powerful for the mana cost. However, I do like the way that you balanced it with the debuffs. I am honestly on the fence with this one.

Summon skeleton for Necromancer/DK(?)

The duration is short and the skeleton is weak, ( lol ) My suggestion is make the skeleton time last longer, preferably 200-300 seconds and make health and damage higher ( say 70 hp and 10 base damage <like half the Ranger> ) also the cool down is 120 seconds and 50% mana. (Optional : rename the skill >> Summon Undead Ranger << but skeleton archer works too)

The beauty of the skelly minions is that you are not restricted to one. Not to mention that the skeletons are meant to be more of a distraction than a serious battlefield asset. While I like the idea of making Summoned skellies more of a personal, possibly battle winning asset (not that they are not currently), I feel that the skeletons do exactly as they were meant to do. Yet again though, I do not play as a necromancer. The idea of DKs summoning skellies is pretty awesome, but it would rob the necromancers of one of their few unique abilities. Not to mention DKs are bloody powerful enough as is :D.

In conclusion, while I like the idea of adding more character to otherwise underwhelming abilities, I would never want to off-set the precious in-game balance already in place.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I see what you mean hand
I am not dissapointed but lets face it the Necromancer is one of the weakest even with level 55 all these updates they are just ideas i never said follow them exactly. i think that balancing the necrmancer with all these is good cause then it is a formidable opponent to a warrior class like paladin or a DK (even Ranger) necromancers are meant to be powerful beings obsessed with dark arts in my point of view and therefor throw away little things like a useless skeleton ability and make it more powerful. put it simply Necromancers (not the players) are quite selfish though my skills could be bumped down, the necromancer is under the 50 % line of "chances to win against fully spec'd warrior or rogue" so yeah think about it that way not just simply weather its overpowered because even if it is, the player has skills too to take the Necromancer out i just made it and calculated what would be the best for certain events (like Necro Vs 2 pally or dragoon or even others) and to conclude it; The necromancer cares only about things dying and how he can use that to his advantage ( so like reviving a dead player into a zombie... oooh anew idea!!!) so killing things is what it whould worry about as well as making friends with skeletons. (cuz frankly they kill all their friends XD )

one other small thing, i do not dream of making the caster path superior just to balance it because casters burn through mana -> i make them do that quicker by adding and changing abilities ( unless they are really smart and choose to die instead of waste all that mana) their weakness is their mana usage and by tweaking these skills to have more mana but be more op is nice (for instance say you have a really op skill that can 2 shot a guy but uses 100% of mana with 500 CD, the other person will win unless you melee him the rest of the time with iron level tools or higher +5 hits. as your mana recharges he will use 3 abilities dishing out damage to you and knocking you back, you are at 5% he is at 35% he uses a finishing skill your dead) by adding these skills it gives you a chance and a fair one at that, the skill can be bumped down a bit but its to improve survivability!

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
"The beauty of the skelly minions is that you are not restricted to one"
truth is that you are restricted to one sadly 60 seconds and 300 second cool down not ideal even as a ditraction because the Necro as is even with skelly is very easy to deal with (warrior: kills skelly takes some damage warrior kills you or just starts with you and skelly wears off.) even with the new upgrade it still has the flaw that its easily avoidable and can be defeated easily

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
I am a mastered Necromancer, so my opinion should be considered here. =P

Plague is definitely NOT a Level 55 skill, hands up for that. One of the most simple things that can improve this class is to set the damage ticks to at least 2-3hp instead of 1hp per 3 seconds. Plague can be a very tactical skill indeed just the way it is, but I believe it isn't worthy for a Level 55 Skill, that's all.

Skeleton - Necromancers are known to summon Sleletons. To be honest, Summoning a skelton is pretty pointless against powerful combat classes - 2 hits from a Thiefs diamond sword and that's 20% mana wasted. This is what I reckon Necromancers can be slightly improved. Increasing the health, movement speed and the arrow initial damage by 1.5x. Meaning that the Skeleton will have 60hp instead and an arrow damage of about 10-12hp. I don't see the OP feel in it - just makes the summoned skeleton different from the regular skeletons that spawn.

Unheal. Great skill. However, this skill can be a flaw when not used properly. The Skill will not do anything if the target is on full health due to no possibility to heal. The length of Unheal could be increased slightly. Probably at 15-18 seconds? It wpuld fit another tick of hunger healing in as well.
Apparently, this skill can 'heal' the target somehow. Does Unheal invert everything imcluding damage and healing or just inverts the healing? @Sleaker (sorry if I have disturbed you in anyway )= )

Well anyways, that's my two cents ^.^

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Yes The necromancer class can be worked on. i think if the plague skill attack is raised alot then it would possibly match a stronger class. all my changes are to balance it