• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8 Prerelease, your thoughts?

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
I'm loving the 1.8 Prerelease in my spare time, it's fun. The only major bug I have right now is that I crash to desktop every time a furnace turns on/off, but I just invedit out the ore and give myself the bars for now to avoid that problem.

So far I've found a 750 block Chasm, a large Swamp biome next to it, an underwater cavern, and a simply ENOURMOUS abandoned mine with TONS of Spider and Cave Spider spawners and minerals.

Also, the endermen are fun to mess with, and they aren't that tough really.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm loving the 1.8 Prerelease in my spare time, it's fun. The only major bug I have right now is that I crash to desktop every time a furnace turns on/off, but I just invedit out the ore and give myself the bars for now to avoid that problem.

So far I've found a 750 block Chasm, a large Swamp biome next to it, an underwater cavern, and a simply ENOURMOUS abandoned mine with TONS of Spider and Cave Spider spawners and minerals.

Also, the endermen are fun to mess with, and they aren't that tough really.
Endermen will be death dealers, DEATH DEALERS

Also, the staff server is a lot of fun, creepers been killing me in one hit, making me poop myself

gtastuntdude

Legacy Supporter 7
It seems that when you are in possession of an ender pearl, looking at an enderman will result in nothing, like if he was just roaming around.

Scratch that theory, seems the endermen werent responding to being looked at at all

Apherdite

Queen Bee
I have been consistenly peeing on myself for the last 2 days while playing on the server. I have died so many times and lost so many items :(((

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
1.8 is fun as hell so far =D

I just want to see the multiplayer experience problem fixed, where you die and every orb you ever picked up shoots out and my server nearly locks up. 45 minutes = less than 3 minutes game time it lagged so bad lol. Tried to wait for the orbs to go away, but after an hour it still hadn't passed 3 minutes in game.

Also endermen need to be death dealers as kainzo said. When we found the first one, I was expecting the 4 of us to get completely wrecked by it, or severely damaged. Died in 1 hit lol.

Abandoned mines are really fun though, the poison wrecks you and you really do need at least 2 people to go through efficiently.

Best part is proper sized biomes though. Found an ocean that was nearly 2k blocks long, and longer in width. Haven't found another that hit quite that large, but they are massive. Gonna laugh hard if the entire map expansion is ocean.

DagothAgahnim

Legacy Supporter 5
Well, there's a custom mod-patch made by a player on the minecraft forums that turns off Mobs and Players dropping XP orbs at all in SMP for the 1.8 prerelease. I use that on my LAN server and the lag is gone now. there's also a patch to fix the furnace-crash problem if you're having it, for both SSP and SMP.

Apherdite

Queen Bee
i havent been this scared since the first day i stared play and got raped by a skeleton... im pretty sure that, back then, i had actually screamed... but seriously... ive ben jumping everytime i se any mob.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
It's funny, but I actually feel much less scared when I'm playing 1.8. My best guess is that it's something between having regenerating health while on normal combined with having to fight mobs on Herocraft, haha.

Interestingly enough the only real change that's really made me say "Wow!" is the lighting! Putting down a torch in a cave for the first time had me wondering "why is this stone orange...?"

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
i havent been this scared since the first day i stared play and got raped by a skeleton... im pretty sure that, back then, i had actually screamed... but seriously... ive ben jumping everytime i se any mob.
Haha, you think the mobs on 1.8 are hard? How about you play herocraft legit a few days, and try to level some, you'll see 1.8 as a walk in the park on a sunday morning with icecream and a puppy.

devinmine

Stone
I love the new bow system in 1.8 feels like im sniping plus now theirs no arrow spamming any more so that's good. The new jungle biome seems cool. Though i haven't seen any snow biomes around yet strangely any one else have this problem?

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
^^ Yea, I flew over 30k blocks and didn't see any snow or ice. Snow biomes are either broken or mojang has decided they don't like snow.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
^^ Yea, I flew over 30k blocks and didn't see any snow or ice. Snow biomes are either broken or mojang has decided they don't like snow.

Biomes are like 1000% bigger now. It's like RL continents now, you can spend about 30 min crossing an ocean with a boat before finding any land.