• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

1.8 and massive lag

Nukadokuu

Gold
So I've had a problem recently with 1.8, given that anytime I try to play it, be it single-player or on any server, with no changes to my computer, 1.8 simply lags like hell. In anything previous, I can run 8+ chunk render distance, fancy graphics, smooth lighting, all that. Yet with 1.8, it's laggy regardless of any settings. Seriously, I dropped my render distance to 2 chunks, all graphic settings to off or fast, and makes no difference in how well the game works.

I've browsed the official Minecraft forums and have come up empty handed as to why this is, or any solutions. So then, who better to turn to than the Herocraft gang?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
So I've had a problem recently with 1.8, given that anytime I try to play it, be it single-player or on any server, with no changes to my computer, 1.8 simply lags like hell. In anything previous, I can run 8+ chunk render distance, fancy graphics, smooth lighting, all that. Yet with 1.8, it's laggy regardless of any settings. Seriously, I dropped my render distance to 2 chunks, all graphic settings to off or fast, and makes no difference in how well the game works.

I've browsed the official Minecraft forums and have come up empty handed as to why this is, or any solutions. So then, who better to turn to than the Herocraft gang?
What version of java do you have? I recommend 64 bit

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
Have you allocated the correct amount of ram to yor 1.8 profile?

Only thing I can think of

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Have you allocated the correct amount of ram to yor 1.8 profile?

Only thing I can think of
Its probably not ram. Unless he has less than 4G's of ram, Java should grab more if it needs it. Minecraft is weird in that it doesn't need a lot of RAM to run well, it really needs a good CPU. I would suggest reinstalling Java.

Willrbts

Coal
I had the same problem, Reinstalling Minecraft fixed it for me.

Edit: Sadly it did not fix it for my brother. It seems to be a hit and miss solution.

Nukadokuu

Gold
I've reinstalled Java and that didn't help, but I put Java at the top priority which helped some. Unfortunately I can't reliably fight mobs, but I can move enough to build a little in my town. I've heard 1.8.2 should fix a lot of the lag issues, whenever that comes out.