• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Yet another DDOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Started at 3PM today, has been going on straight for 7+ hours. I've set up mitigation but they chewed through it in a few hours.

We've payed javapipe another $160 to thwart it, to coordinate this swap we had to give them a new IP granted via the host. Somehow, our new hidden IP has been attacked as well. This was suppose to be a very quick/easy fix but has turned out to be more troublesome because the attackers are out for blood.

Haven't a clue it is but I can only assume its from Brazilian. We've nullrouted/hard blocked over 2000 bots so far, it's a scale of about 8Gbps.

Not wanting to keep you guys in the dark, I'm working on it but I fear it won't be up "Stable" until tomorrow afternoon once oplink and javapipe wake up.

Yours truly,
a tired and sick
Kainzo.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
You've fought hard, Kainzo. Let us know if there's anything the rest of us folk can do to help.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think we've mitigated it. Just an fyi - its almost impossible to keep anti-ddos running 24/7 - I thought it was just abunch of script kids - but it seems they have very big cannons.

I think its mostly blocked now. Wanting to give it a bit first.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
no offence, but isn't that the same as asking thieves why they are robbing a bank?

If I had to guess, it's probably just spite/wanting to keep trolling just because they failed last time.

Just reading/hearing about this makes me sick to my stomach with rage. To think someone could do this to the server I love and has brought me so much joy...

I can only imagine how it must make Kainzo feel.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Wow... people just seem to dislike my comments for the sake of disliking them. Please, sir, tell me why that comment merited a thumbs down.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
Wow... people just seem to dislike my comments for the sake of disliking them. Please, sir, tell me why that comment merited a thumbs down.
Am I not allowed to not like posts? I didn't like the fact that you made my hidden text red or how you just said something that doesn't answer my question. I shouldn't have to defend why I disliked your post, I didn't like it.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Cut out the nonsense. I want to receive notifications that are good news and positives for the server. Not from you guys rambling about robbing. ;|

Disketa777

Glowstone
They attacked again and got through the anti-DDOS? It seems we were quick to call this case closed with our first victory. Just like we built our defense against them, they built up weapons against us. I am no tech person, but I do hope we can find a permanent solution. And I hope it will be more peaceful than last time. I saw more rage than I care for the first attack... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.