• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Xbox one rant

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Just something I heard from a friend:

When they had the X-box One reveal Wii-U purchases went up 800% (or something like that).

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm sure the xbox one will change quite a bit before its actually released. Microsoft would be retarded to not respond to all the criticism its been getting. Who knows though.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Kk I will explain to you all what the meaning of this conference was about.

They are focusing more around features for normal day use more then the gaming aspect, because believe it or not more then half of their buyers aren't buying the xbox for games they are using it as a system for watching TV and other things like facebook and crap like that.

Another thing is that Console gaming is a better choice then computer gaming in the long run because overall almost all games on the PC have monthly fees except (Minecraft all other MMORPGS that have failed miserably). Also with an xbox or PS2 or PS3 you dont have to buy a new graphics card or whole new system every 2-3years because it is out of date. Xboxs and PS's usually can stay in amazing condition for more then 5 years. Overall for the average gamer a console is a better choice unless you have the money to dish out on some nice computer parts/computer

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7

They are focusing more around features for normal day use more then the gaming aspect, because believe it or not more then half of their buyers aren't buying the xbox for games they are using it as a system for watching TV and other things like facebook and crap like that.

Another thing is that Console gaming is a better choice then computer gaming in the long run because overall almost all games on the PC have monthly fees except (Minecraft all other MMORPGS that have failed miserably). Also with an xbox or PS2 or PS3 you dont have to buy a new graphics card or whole new system every 2-3years because it is out of date. Xboxs and PS's usually can stay in amazing condition for more then 5 years. Overall for the average gamer a console is a better choice unless you have the money to dish out on some nice computer parts/computer

I have to disagree, the ONLY games that have monthly fees are MMO's as they are constantly adding new content. Also if you got a top computer in 2008 it'll still be awesome now, you know why? Because an xbox/ps3 is a computer just running custom os and custom parts. So if Xbox/ps3 stayed the same, your computer could stay the same and work :eek:ooo.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4

GW2 is doing pretty good and doesn't have monthly pay

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
You imply that KH3 will ever be released.

Wait.... KH....3.... Half Life 3 confirmed.

But in all seriousness, it's like expecting that FF Versus XIII was going to be released. Remember when that was announced? Oh right, before the PS3 was even RELEASED.
Shh, don't you dare ruin my vision, my hope! >: (

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
@ off topic win8 stuff - I like win8, at least on surface pro, so sue me. On desktop, like desktop mode and use start8. Could really be much worse.

Kainzo I thought word is x1 has bluray?

Own stuff - It'll be fun to have once someone can spoof network interactions - since game activations and such are cloud based... >: D

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
if Xbox One has blu-ray it would mean sony would get money for each Xbox One that has been sold. All that because sony created bluray or things like that so it would be retarded to have it on the Xbox One

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
if Xbox One has blu-ray it would mean sony would get money for each Xbox One that has been sold. All that because sony created bluray or things like that so it would be retarded to have it on the Xbox One
It would be retarded for them not to have a blu ray drive. They lost the format war. Unless they decide to be like "Hey, let's distribute games over small non-modifiable flash drives!"

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
I guess both of those options ( having them and not having them ) would be retarted :S cause in one way, they give money to Sony, and the other the have normal CDs

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I guess both of those options ( having them and not having them ) would be retarted :S cause in one way, they give money to Sony, and the other the have normal CDs
You mean DVD's.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The reason why Microsoft focused on the additional features of the console instead of it's hardware or anything else is because it is significantly underpowered in comparison to the PS4 which prior to the unveiling was rumored to only have 2GB of GDDR5 RAM. So origionally Microsoft thought they had the advantage in hardware which is why their show was originally pushed back seeing as it was probably focused on the hardware as they though they had the more powerful machine. They also avoided talking about what games they had on their console for this reason. If they show their cards too early before E3 it allows sony time to gather more resources together to trump them pushing the PS4 even further ahead. But even then this unveiling was a complete disaster and really didn't show the device in a good light.
You mean DVD's.
They could continue using their dead technology of HD-DVDs which is what the 360 uses if I'm not mistaken.

For those interested difference between Blu-Ray & HD-DVD is Blu-ray has a higher storage capacity but HD-DVD was able to read the disk faster but with the release of Blu-ray 2x drives I can't say for sure which is faster as I do not have numbers in front of me.

It would be retarded for them not to have a blu ray drive. They lost the format war. Unless they decide to be like "Hey, let's distribute games over small non-modifiable flash drives!"

I really hope they start doing this with USB 3 drives soon, shit would install in a matter of seconds seconds. Dad made a win 8 install device from a USB 3 stick to install it on a Samsung tablet at his work, it installed in like 5 minutes.