• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Writing Quests (Tutorial + Guide)

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Hopefully we will see some quest chains and quest hubs based out of spires and graveyards. I may want to join such a team.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
If I find the time to balance everything I'm dipping my fingers into, I will look into this.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
Kainzo - I can write the quests no problem and I am more than happy to help on this :)
also is there going to be a set quest line with a final goal, or lots of little quests or both?

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
The team would need a head. I can see this going one of two ways.

1. A bunch of people jump on this, they all make little quests that have no coherence with each other and the quest "hubs" will have no justification of direction with the quests.
  2. A team is formed. Someone is put at head and a structure is formed for what quests are going where, what the theme and concept of each "hub" is trying to achieve that they need help from the adventurers with, and what the ultimate goal of these quests will be. Rather it be telling an epic story line or just central "hubs" to help out in an area.
I would personally like to see there being more of 2 then 1. A story line is always better to keep the player bases attention vs random little quests that just reward exp or coin.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Well, if the Lore team was up and running at max, I'd say have us lead it. Alator Lets just DO IT and make a bad guy. With this bad guy (Who can be as cliche as possible if need be) we make quests to deal with very very minor things he caused. Then we have side quests. Go fetch my bucket and fill it please! Feed my animals PLEASE!

Boom, while this is going on, we flesh out said bad guy (Since no one will know he's the worst excuse for a character known to man.) give him a 2nd and 3rd dimension. Then we give him an army. BOOM medium level quests! This time, places are getting effected. Quest zones are likely to be ruins of towns and villages etc.

By this time, we got the bad dude being absolutely diabolical, but you feel bad for him. Then we venture to the Nether for some HARDCORE quests. Then finally, the Heroes venture into the unknown to put this fool out of his misery with the most kick ass of boss battles. Herocraft, The Multiverse: The Rise of Bad Dude.[DOUBLEPOST=1370624501][/DOUBLEPOST]That's just an example timeline, take it for what you will.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
This video might be helpful for some: HERE
(I think thats for the correct plugin and such, but not fully sure on it)

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I was planning on setting up my own server and install the Denizen plugin so I can have a test environment, but I have never done this and have no idea how to do it. Can anyone link me a walkthrough or such so I have a playground to code in ?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

That video is way outdated.
Kainzo wanted me to put up a tutorial for it and I am going to go ahead and get that up tonight. I got the basics of it last night and can make a tutorial of the capabilities they want for the quests.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

1. This is the wrong quest plugin
  2. This is for citizens 1 which was discontinued 8-9 months ago