• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wolves should be able to join parties

So using wolves at low levels was fun and they are strong, but once aoe becomes a factor you cant use them. They are more of a burden because you can hit them with aoe and nearly kill them or other times you might be trying to hit a mob and one jumps in front of you and you kill it. They seriously need to have a way that your personal wolves are immune to damage that you use. It would be even better if it was party oriented so that people in your party couldn't accidentally hit one and then get killed in 4 seconds.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
rangers have plenty of damage without their wolves... and in the case of you killing your own wolves? dare i say it... get good

I assume you haven't used dogs so I'll explain again, any aoe that the player uses also can hit and do dmg to dogs, so when using aoe abilities you can do massive damage to your own dogs. Therefore having dogs dis-encourages aoe abilities. And this isn't a post about personal opinion of how much damage rangers have, I just think this is something that should be added.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
One of my biggest issues is my dogs murdering friendly players by accident :oops: Friendly fire in general can cause damage and unintended aggro limiting the skill, but possibly intended by some sick developer :kainzo: hahaha

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
then dont use AoE's around your dogs. I can see the problem with allies accidentally hitting them and the dogs kill them, that sucks, but just dont use AoE's around your dogs. i'm pretty sure this isn't WoW where you pound buttons to win, im pretty sure you need some skill, such as timing, or positioning...

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
If there was a way to code so that wolves were immune to the owner's damage effects (as is true in most *every* MMO/RPG game ever made), and a wolf could be immune to damage caused by other members of the wolf owner's party, such an addition would be welcomed and beneficial.