• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wolf Problem...

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
I have recently respeced to the most tanky class - paladin. In full diamond amor I head up to the North Road and met a 50 beast master. I jump in for the 1vs1 and he spawns a fucking wolf.... Next thing I know i'm using up my lay hands after 4 seconds. This meant that the wolf did 110 damage in 4 seconds..... this is crazy. Then after using lay hands i still went to kill the dog. Once it was dead I was down 4 hearts. In total the JUST the wolf did 170 damage in about 10 seconds. I did not even touch the player even once. Also I lost ALL of my armor. This is because the wolf will hit an insane amount of shots with no time in-between. With 10 hp per hit this is too much. To add to it, they can just use lick wounds to heal it. There is really no way to fix how fast the wolf will hit so I think it should just be removed. In lag the wolf 100% pointless and without lag can kill a Paladin by itself.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I have never seen a wolf manage to deal 110 damage in 4 seconds, even when fighting a level 50 BM. Are you sure you got the numbers correct? Sounds a bit much though if it was true.

I do not think there is a need to remove the use of a wolf altogether, that would be unfair and make the BM spec useless.

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
The wolf does kill incredibly quick, but on the other hand, hit him 2 or 3 times and he'll be dead.
And let me tell you: Once the wolf died and we still have cd on the wolf skill, we're pretty much screwed...

Of course, I can attack you with bow and root, but that isn't going to kill a paladin before he kills me. Furthermore we have shitty armor.
Thus: Kill the wolf, kill us.

Anyway BM's going to be merged with Ranger and the Wolf (as a skill) will be gone completly in 1.0...

We currently don't do anything with wolf damage, and the wolf skill no longer modifies the wolf HP due to changes in CB. Right now, there's no good way to handle them that I can logic out without causing massive issues. So at the moment, no more wolf skill.

Spicycheez

Portal
On a different note, noooo I want BMs to stay in 1.0 :( its been my favorite class.

Anyways I do have to admit that wolves attack pretty quick but they have shit hp. A ninja could easily kill the wolf in 2-3 hits which makes up for the damage they do.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Thus: Kill the wolf, kill us.
This. I can't say I've had any experience dealing with the various classes, but in a system like this where there are tons of classes and specializations, you really just have to learn how to deal with each class. You may be able to rush a mage and KO them in 3-4 hits(not real data), but that strategy won't work on all classes. It looks like the main weapon of the Beast Master is intended to be the wolf, so as Upb34t said, focusing on the wolf first and ideally not having it be spawned on top of you would be the plan to take out the BM.

That being said, it may be likely that the BM's wolf has such high DPS because of the difficulty of using it effectively. If the wolf can be killed in 3 hits, and then has a reasonable cool down, having it be a pushover in terms of damage would make the BM class useless. Basically the same as the Ranger, who does more than twice the damage of a samurai, but only because hitting anything with a bow on a minecraft server is like winning the lottery D=

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
With no lag a wolf gets me down to 2 hearts without the help of the beastmaster (the wolf teleports and takes 2 hearts every time it touches you). Even if you do kill the wolf you still have to deal with the beastmaster which btw has the same damage and almost the same hp as a samurai. In theory a beastmaster should be able to beat a samurai every time without the wolf.

Not that any of it matters though since BMs are getting removed. Enjoy being possibly the most op while you can I suppose.

Spicycheez

Portal
Bladegrasp. Then beat the shit out of the wolf. On another note....

NOOoOooOooo! Beastmasters are getting removed! I no longer have a reason to live. Why kainzo WHYYY? why must you do this to me! *cries*