• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wolf Leveling

\\THE MOD IS BELOW ---- THE MOD IS BELOW //
A big suggestion (originally from carlover), I'm not sure how many people will think this is a good idea but ...

Rangers, Wolves, Leveling!
Rangers pet wolves should be able to gain leveling.
There's nothing that really appeals people towards ranger other than track, and wolves are rare to find anyway so that's why we need rare wolves to become more powerful.

I previously left the class of ranger after deciding I needed help in close range pvp, well whats better than a little companion to help you out? My current ideas are the following:

1. Wolves should be able to find food and track down the scent of animals, this skill means that the ranger will get a coordinate of the 50 blocks radius around him showing him just where animals are. (This skill should have a 5 minute / 300s Cool-down.)

2. Next I think the wolf should be able to level up to level 20, when level 1 attack dmg should start at 5 HP2S (Health Points every two Seconds) Then every level increased should increase the HP2S to 7, and etc. This means that once reached level 20, the wolf should be able to take off 45 HP2S.

3. Wolves should be able to be summoned by Rangers with a CD of 10 minutes/600 seconds!

This should be available for when the ranger level reaches 20.

Please post any extra suggestions and I will consider adding it to the list, or if there are any errors or changes to the list that should be taken time to look at please reply!

The Mod!

http://www.mod-minecraft.org/doggy-talents-mod/

Check this link out to see the full details of the mod.

There is an item such as doggy biscuits, personally I don't think this is a good idea for herocraft, but it should be no trouble removing that part. I feel that the PVE and PVP that the wolf participates in should give it EXP and have the same leveling as players.

Doggy-Talents-3.jpg

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian
The wolf's fur/collar changing color depending on it's level?
Starts out as red (like a normal FRESHLY tamed wolf), then starts to go through the other colors! Then repeats if there are not enough colors?

madpear

Legacy Supporter 5
Not a huge fan of this for the Ranger class but... I've heard Beastmaster bandied about as a class idea, I think this might be more in-line with that type of class. Ranger just needs better mobility to stop being weak.

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Starts out as red (like a normal FRESHLY tamed wolf), then starts to go through the other colors! Then repeats if there are not enough colors?

Neat idea but the collar color is based on texture packs. :s

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Making a BIG edit to the thread as I have found a mod for this idea!
Putting a single player mod into multiplayer is damn near impossible, especially with those kinds of features. To my knowledge at any rate. It's not just a matter of having everyone install the mod. You're going to need to rewrite the plugin for SMP, and considering the number of things they already have to do I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

Putting a single player mod into multiplayer is damn near impossible, especially with those kinds of features. To my knowledge at any rate. It's not just a matter of having everyone install the mod. You're going to need to rewrite the plugin for SMP, and considering the number of things they already have to do I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.
I actually had no idea this was a single player mod, thanks for pointing it out.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
But then you wouldn't actually be able to dye them yourself. :<

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
We have tried to find as well as make our own wolf summon skills, however there is no good way to do this currently that doesn't break or is exploitable.