• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wizard Tips?

Nightroado

Obsidian
I've more or less dedicated myself to supporting my town rather than pvping, but once in a while someone attacks us and I have to try and defend the younglings. But I have next to zilch pvp experience as a casting class and do quite poorly.

So I have been trying skirmish in order to get practice, but it isn't going well. People seem to rush at me first which is smart since left alone I can sit back and nuke. I'm not even sure on the order I should be casting spells and often the spells I try to cast seem to not even when not silence. Then there's the horrible, horrible lag. It's really hard to smack someone in the head with a fireball if you have no idea where they are going to be.

Basically, any advice in any aspect of a wizard pvping would be welcome. Thanks!

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
when you see the shieldreflect go up, bolt them. jk

Just unleash skills while running around and hope people don't notice you.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I've more or less dedicated myself to supporting my town rather than pvping, but once in a while someone attacks us and I have to try and defend the younglings. But I have next to zilch pvp experience as a casting class and do quite poorly.

So I have been trying skirmish in order to get practice, but it isn't going well. People seem to rush at me first which is smart since left alone I can sit back and nuke. I'm not even sure on the order I should be casting spells and often the spells I try to cast seem to not even when not silence. Then there's the horrible, horrible lag. It's really hard to smack someone in the head with a fireball if you have no idea where they are going to be.

Basically, any advice in any aspect of a wizard pvping would be welcome. Thanks!

For people who can't escape out of your root (ninja, necro, samurai, bard, disciple) or who aren't running through your root (people just sprint through root and you die), I'd recommend a combo of root, icebolt, fireball then bolt, try to get off the fireblast at some point if you have space, blink through or behind them if they charge at you and throw down a fireball, then megabolt or kite. If you get kicked, throw your enderpearl asap, as though it were a blink, but don't throw it at them, because then you're teleported at their face, which is exactly where you don't want to be.
Basically your goal as a wizard is to never get hit. If you let someone close on you for more than 2 seconds, you're prolly dead. Practice the root combo, practice your fireball aim, and practice your blinks, because they can kill you almost as easily as save you.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
As a wiz, use 6 skills. Use Fireball for epic long range aiming hits and after you've rooted someone. Use Bolt once they get close enough, kite, Shock, Kite, Megabolt, Blink away and wait for cooldowns (Use fireball if you think you have a chance to hit while kiting), repeat. You should use Fireblast while kiting as it doesn't require aiming.

Most importantly, if anyone come within 3 blocks to you: RUN/ICEBOLT THEN RUN/ROOT THEN RUN/LOG OFF/BLINK/ENDERPEARL. Melee classes kills a wizard within 2 seconds, maybe 3 if you use leather armor.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
As a wiz, use 6 skills. Use Fireball for epic long range aiming hits and after you've rooted someone. Use Bolt once they get close enough, kite, Shock, Kite, Megabolt, Blink away and wait for cooldowns (Use fireball if you think you have a chance to hit while kiting), repeat. You should use Fireblast while kiting as it doesn't require aiming.

Most importantly, if anyone come within 3 blocks to you: RUN/ICEBOLT THEN RUN/ROOT THEN RUN/LOG OFF/BLINK/ENDERPEARL. Melee classes kills a wizard within 2 seconds, maybe 3 if you use leather armor.

Shock isn't really worth it. Long warm up and I think it does less damage than fireblast, and I'd rather burst someone down, use a fireball instead. You don't kite that much as a wizard, you have a lot of burst damage skills, so it's better to get your fireballs off, and getting bolts and megabolts and fireblasts where you can. You want to keep your opponent between 6-12 blocks away from you at all times basically.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I think Shock is an aoe so use it when their grouped up.(not to sure about this)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Falker: Shock = AoE Bleed/Disgrace but with huge mana cost, so yeah useful in team fights.