• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard Shock

TheMechaHeavy

Glowing Redstone
I think the wizard's level 60 skill shock, should have a tiny bit more damage dealt. When you tweaked the shock spell, you might have changed it a bit much. It doesn't do much damage at all and I was psyched about getting it until I tested it. I was just thinking boost the damage around 30-40 points.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think the wizard's level 60 skill shock, should have a tiny bit more damage dealt. When you tweaked the shock spell, you might have changed it a bit much. It doesn't do much damage at all and I was psyched about getting it until I tested it. I was just thinking boost the damage around 30-40 points.
It's not a single target bolt - it's something you can use and then use something else. It's additive damage over time around a target.

PotPete

Iron
i didnt think that shock followed the target, thought it only stayed in the casted area.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
Seems like a nice skill, played with it for a while on test. The only problem is that it is focused on a target, hence if the person/mob you cast shock on dies, the spell dissipates regardless of how much time is left. Perhaps if it was centered around the player it would be more effective.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I belive it works like plague.
No. The initial target gains a dot, with each tic of the dot the same damage is done in an AoE around the player with the dot on them.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Yeah, alexhoff used this on me earlier when trying to kill some of my unspecced citizens. Was interesting, I quickly figured it out due to using spout's party frames and moved away from disketa when he was taking damage.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Yeah... And isn't that how Plague works? <.<
No it's not...
You plague the initial target and the plague dot spreads to people around the initial target. Then all the players around the initial target get the dot as well.

Shock only dots the initial target and does an AoE around said target.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Could it perhaps be made so that if the original target dies, the AoE continues from the coord where the target died? Or jump to another enemy within the AoE's area? Anything to let it continue for it's full amount of time.

Aetosion

Obsidian
The way I wish it would function is that a storm begins around the intial target (Player A). If Player A moves within 4 blocks of Player B, it should begin anew on Player B, and if it dissipates from Player A it could jump back and restart on Player A if proximity to Player B allows. Then if Player A gets close to Player C, it starts anew on Player C as well.

macura

Diamond
I think that the damage is perfect however it shouldn't have a warmup because the only damaging skills that a wizard has that don't have a warmup are fireball and fireblast. This is problematic because cd of fireblast is 15 and the cd on foreball is 5 (according to wiki)

Aetosion

Obsidian
Uh. Wizards have a shitton of nuke power. I wouldn't want a skill that can do 1/3 of my health not to have a warmup. Just use root.

macura

Diamond
Uh. Wizards have a shitton of nuke power. I wouldn't want a skill that can do 1/3 of my health not to have a warmup. Just use root.
No other dot in the game has a warmup. Also no class in the game has 66 health the dot only does around 22 damage it is not 1/3 your health. Also how is not har a warmup unfair but your suggestion is for it to become an aoe plague.

Digger360

Obsidian
SoulLeech has a warmup.

The point of it, is it's an AoE, pulse shouldn't do 500 damage, should it?

macura

Diamond
SoulLeech has a warmup.

The point of it, is it's an AoE, pulse shouldn't do 500 damage, should it?
U have a point but soul leach is slightly different because it restores some of your health a warmup was necesary for that or else people count run autosprint and run around in circles using it and never die because no one count get them down enough health. Also idk y u think i want pulse to do 500 damage... Im not argueing damage the damage atm is perfect i just want the abilty to use it in 1v1. In a 1v1 i can either choose to use this or bolt.