• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Wizard, Necromancer, or Bloodmage?

Which Class?

• Wizard

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Necromancer

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Bloodmage

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Since I have started playing, I have mostly been playing solo and am trying to find a decent, well rounded class to stick with throughout my time on the server.

I m a wizard. The only downside that I have found about being a wizard is the spells requiring a lot of mana.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
If you like to have high burst damage, be able to get into a lot of places, but be very squishy, wizard. If you want good survivability, and the ability to beat lots of classes in 1v1s, necromancer. I haven't really had any experience with bloodmage, so I can't help you there.

Northac

Obsidian
have you already dedided to go caster? because bloodmage is in the healer spec's. as for the other two, i went with necro, its fun but i hear that wizards are the ones that bring the hurt at a distance, necros are a closer ranger caster. (making it a bit scary fighting creepers when you first spec, not a ton of range on drainsoul at level one)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Wizard: High burst Damage, Weak Armor, Good mobility. Great utility (you can raid effectively, you can port).

Necromancer: Damage over time (DoT) kiting class. Low armor but higher survivability than wizard due to crowd control and shield skills. Unlike wizard which has to use 2-3 projectile skills, Necromancers are entirely mouseover or AoE skills, making them easier to use if your aim isn't the best.

Bloodmage: Easily the most complex and cool class on the server at the moment. It can DoT, heal (although it requires smarter play to heal effectively compared to other healer classes), it can do good damage solo, it can use a great mechanic called BloodBond to turn on support mode. Out of mana to heal/fight? Transfuse takes health for mana, letting you have reserve burst if you can kite and heal effectively.

All three are classes that are fun and very competitive at level 60. Bloodmage is underplayed currently because many of our players choose less complex classes, so if you want to be unique, I would go BM. If you do not want to walk while you raid, go wizard, and if you want to be able to go to Hell and also survive longer than any other caster spec without having to aim a single goddam skill go Necromancer.

If I had to guess which was strongest in pvp, I would say from strongest to weakest Necro - Bloodmage(skilled) - Wizard, but all 3 are strong classes right now.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I was a bloodmage for the first 25 some levels. It's far more complex than wizard or necro. It requires more strategy and running around. But if you get the hang of it it can actually be quite fun and good at 1v1s or support. I would say its my 2 be favorite class