• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wizard.... Geomancer.... they are.... too op

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
before i continue, dont start talkin "oooh i killed a geo before" "ohh wizards are easy"
Well no they are not. They are simply op.

The only way you could kill these classes are if you are with a group of 2 or more. maybe you got lucky sometimes and killed on but dont bet on that.

BOLT: .. where to begin...35 damage 20s cd....Harmtouch on lower cd..... IMO and it needs to be more like eviscerate. 20 damage 20cd... i mean cmon really? a harmtouch + root is what this is currently, its not hard to aim. its not hard to control, it has a slight 2 second war, up but root does the job...

DEEPFREEZE:well this is a plain annoying skill, it does damage on you, it acts as a root and fireball makes it three times as effecient. 1 root is enough for a class..

these 2 skills among many others Irk me a lot.. they are anoying and too over powered.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Also, deepfreeze is getting a range nerf from what I've heard. Wizards are fine, if you take away their damage then they'll be pretty useless, unless you change their mana costs.

Tl;dr : they are/will be fine (once the patch goes live)

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
And here's a tip for making suggestions: don't complain that something is simply overpowered or annoying. List WHY they're a problem (other than you don't like them) then list HOW you can fix these problems. Otherwise your suggestion looks more like complaining.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Wizards/Geomancers rely on there skills to fight, they can't just beat someone to death with their hoe, once they run out of mana they are pretty much done for and can't hold their own, they need high damage moves to hold their own against the other classes.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
@Keache, realise that i posted 2 suggestions in there for the skills.

if you have not read carefully enough,
#1 .. where to begin...35 damage 20s cd....Harmtouch on lower cd..... IMO why cant it be more like eviscerate. 20 damage 20cd... i mean cmon really? a harmtouch + root is what this is currently, its not hard to aim. its not hard to control, it has a slight 2 second war, up but root does the job...

#2 DEEPFREEZE:well this is a plain annoying skill, it does damage on you, it acts as a root and fireball makes it three times as effecient. 1 root is enough for a class..
So you think a 20 second cooldown on a 35 damage skill (harmtouch) has the same range as harmtouch (maybe
larger) Should get these skills that use LESS mana? (hellooo consume) nope,

Wizard tactics.
Run, root , bolt, run, root, bolt fireball/fireblast= dead mana cost around 2/3
Fireball frieblast root bolt fireball =dead mana 5/8
run root bolt Etc etc.

Warrior classes and rogue classes cant run all day, especially when being rooted and bolted and fireballed,

@TheMrLief Have you realised yet that Both classes (idk about geo) have consume? full mana regen on battle with no warmup and also half the time they dont even use it unless they are shooting fireballs at you, they wont even use it in battle.
The players will prob die by the hoe if not by a spell, because a direct hit with bolt, is half health gone.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Sounds more like complaining imho. And last time i checked, geos only have 1 root...?

And your facts are wrong. Consume regenerates around 15 mana every 30 seconds if you use it whenever its up.

Oh, and strafe fireballs and such. Any caster that gets in melee range is usually desperate or stupid.

Joka10

Soulsand
I don't really know about Wizard... I think the class is fine.

However, Geomancer has gone from OP + popular to bland and meh to OP + popular once again, in my opinion. At the beginning of DG, Geo was the class every caster seemed to want. Then it got nerfed or something and everyone left it. I recall posting something a few weeks ago about how I never saw anything about geo anymore... within days it became really big again, and I kind of thing they are a bit unbalanced... Anyone who knows how to use the class can be absolutely deadly by level 20-ish. Most other classes around level 20 are no big deal, but Geomancer, no matter the level, is usually a class to be reckoned with. That just doesn't seem right.

All IMO, of course.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
What is the new cool down of consume? Geomancer's rely on consume do continue to use skills.. they run out after a while. I do agree consume is too short, but it doesn't need to have a too long cool down either.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Strafing dont work when Caster is not shit, and knows how to aim.

Consume, im not sure about but aright you got that one

Geos have... Icebolt and deepfreeze and icyaura.... You realise thast 3 slows right?

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Wizards are fine, if you take away their damage then they'll be pretty useless, unless you change their mana costs.)
What!? Wizards have groupteleport/port/blink which in its self makes this class amazing. They have high damage but they should have medium damage and medium utility. Geomancers are the ones that are supposed to have high damage and low/no utility.

If you think about it tho wizards have crap armor and if you get close they get destroyed that is why the cd is lower also geo is being nerfed

What!? Wizards have groupteleport/port/blink which in its self makes this class amazing. They have high damage but they should have medium damage and medium utility. Geomancers are the ones that are supposed to have high damage and low/no utility.
All those moves besides blink are not used in pvp wizard is a [Combat class]

malmenca

Diamond
I would say wizards need a buff. Fireball is complete shit. 3 or 4 second cooldown is stupid. Bolt has a second warmup timer. Blink was nerfed to shit. Pulse is okay, but its a lvl 50 skill, a class can't be terrible up until high levels. It has to at least be decent.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I would say wizards need a buff. Fireball is complete shit. 3 or 4 second cooldown is stupid. Bolt has a second warmup timer. Blink was nerfed to shit. Pulse is okay, but its a lvl 50 skill, a class can't be terrible up until high levels. It has to at least be decent.
1. Fireball is amazing you just suck at aiming.
2. Pulse is shit when you compare it to cleave. Cleave does more damage, has no cast time and has a shorter cooldown
3. Bolt needs the cast time otherwise it would be ridiculous.
4. I disagree with blink. It's worthless in combat but it still has uses when breaking into places when people are stupid and leave places for Wizards/dragoons to get ontop of and in.