• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Wiki team

llamasx3

Legacy Supporter 6
Open staff positions for the wiki team like how it is with proctor/guide/balance/etc. The wiki has not been updated since the before the first hero revamp and there has been 3 hero revamps. I am sure old and new members will find updated information useful.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Open staff positions for the wiki team like how it is with proctor/guide/balance/etc. The wiki has not been updated since the before the first hero revamp and there has been 3 hero revamps. I am sure old and new members will find updated information useful.
Agreed :)

The issue is having the management for the new team members.

We need someone to promote these users... Only a few pages are locked and most all are open-edit if you have an account.

We definitely need more on the wiki atm.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Just pointing out that anyone is able to make an account on the wiki and update it. We do not have to give you any permissions to update the class pages etc.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Just pointing out that anyone is able to make an account on the wiki and update it. We do not have to give you any permissions to update the class pages etc.

I would like to make changes to the wiki, but I think wiki team members get official skill details from the admins - is that correct? I don't know the exact CD times, damage, etc for most of the skills. That's the reason I haven't modified anything yet.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I would like to make changes to the wiki, but I think wiki team members get official skill details from the admins - is that correct? I don't know the exact CD times, damage, etc for most of the skills. That's the reason I haven't modified anything yet.

Well I do remember that WitchOnaRampage got numbers from Alator or something like that but he is MAI atm.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

This is true but nothing stops you from updating the wiki on the information you do have from your current class :p
Well I do remember that WitchOnaRampage got numbers from Alator or something like that but he is MAI atm.

It was usually Kainzo handing out the class files from what I saw.

But I am willing to start going through Wiki team applications however I would only be looking to promote people who have already shown that they will actually update it.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I could update the wiki with information from my current class, but I would prefer not to post inaccurate information. I would rather read it straight from the skill, so that everything is correct.

vallad_centrius

Legacy Supporter 2
heh.. i wanted to update paladin and dragoon.. but i get this error when i tried to make an account..
Login error
Your IP address is listed as an open proxy in the DNSBL used by Herocraft. You cannot create an account (108.162.222.51)

- eh.. i dont have a proxy o.o

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
This is true but nothing stops you from updating the wiki on the information you do have from your current class :p

It was usually Kainzo handing out the class files from what I saw.

But I am willing to start going through Wiki team applications however I would only be looking to promote people who have already shown that they will actually update it.
A big issue with this is that most Heroes skills do not have proper information included in them. I cannot count how many skills that I've edited already that have not had simple information like damage, duration, or potency. Most skill say something simple and are thus, a pain in the ass to get numbers from.

A wiki team member that possessed the full information could update it whenever he/she had spare time. Right now, a player has to hop on HC, get a friend to come over, and test the abilities first hand until they've "hopefully" gotten all the correct numbers.

In my opinion, that is silly. The information changes constantly, and is even handed out during patches through the changelog. I see no reason to not grant this information to a wiki team or even a balance team member.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
A big issue with this is that most Heroes skills do not have proper information included in them. I cannot count how many skills that I've edited already that have not had simple information like damage, duration, or potency. Most skill say something simple and are thus, a pain in the ass to get numbers from.

A wiki team member that possessed the full information could update it whenever he/she had spare time. Right now, a player has to hop on HC, get a friend to come over, and test the abilities first hand until they've "hopefully" gotten all the correct numbers.

In my opinion, that is silly. The information changes constantly, and is even handed out during patches through the changelog. I see no reason to not grant this information to a wiki team or even a balance team member.

You cant deny that the wiki needs an "in general " update. Some classes don't even have lvl 65 skills and a lot of other things are out-dated.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
From July 2012 until 2 months ago, when I went on an extended overseas trip, I was updating the classes from info sent to me by Kainzo, Alator, and I think Danda (once).

I have a pretty good system going whereby I can just pick out what's changed and update that.

I really enjoy doing this, and am keen to continue doing so. But my ability to do this depends on having access to the data.

Edited to add:[DOUBLEPOST=1372749065,1372728322][/DOUBLEPOST]Classes will be updated over the next few days ;).

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter

Wiki team members are given the class files to update the wiki...
I was suggesting that non wiki team members could atleast attempt to update changes either based off of the change logs or off of their skills information. Granted that doesn't include all information but a small start is better than nothing

From July 2012 until 2 months ago, when I went on an extended overseas trip, I was updating the classes from info sent to me by Kainzo, Alator, and I think Danda (once).

I have a pretty good system going whereby I can just pick out what's changed and update that.

I really enjoy doing this, and am keen to continue doing so. But my ability to do this depends on having access to the data.

Edited to add:[DOUBLEPOST=1372749065,1372728322][/DOUBLEPOST]Classes will be updated over the next few days ;).

give me a shout and I'll pass you the latest class files. There have been a lot of changes and a couple classes have been completely re-worked.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Wiki team members are given the class files to update the wiki...
I was suggesting that non wiki team members could atleast attempt to update changes either based off of the change logs or off of their skills information. Granted that doesn't include all information but a small start is better than nothing

give me a shout and I'll pass you the latest class files. There have been a lot of changes and a couple classes have been completely re-worked.
Ah. Guess I misunderstood a bit there.