• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Why there are "bans", or should be.

EnderDDT

Glowing Redstone
Yesturday I posted a report about a pair of persons who blatantly harassed myself and a group of people I knew. Not only did their griefing destroy many parts of labeled structures, but it was proven on several occasions that they had used illegal mods to accomplish parts of their griefing. This resulted in a large loss, counting up to a few thousand coins worth. And that isn't counting the chests that they dumped for no reason other than to cause grief. It is about a day or two later and they are at it again. Why are they at it again? Because a 24 hour ban is not enough to deter someone from an action that profits them by several weeks worth of work.

Why they were not perma-banned for what they know was illegal activity on this server? Why were they allowed to keep the profits that they made from their illegal activity? These are the questions that I pose toward anyone who knows.

I await an answer.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Don't post their names, but I am just wondering... Do you know all their names, have screenshots/ recordings of them, or have some other proof against them you could whip out within a day or two to prove that they are griefing?

EnderDDT

Glowing Redstone
I know at least two of their names whom I absolutely know were involved in the activity (I watched them while sneaking). The server records all block activity, including additions and destructions, so no further proof should be needed for the greifing. I, and others, also have proof of their use of illegal mods.

The question therfore isn't "did they do it", that question has already been answered.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
If you believe someone is breaking the rules and/or are using illegal mods, put it in a PE, and obtain video evidence if possible. Send any available information to staff on the forum and we will deal with it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@EnderDDT
1) if someone was banned for exploit XYZ - their spoils will be removed.
2) if you think someone is hacking or doing something illegal, report it immediately
3) we will perm-ban users based on the severity of the rule that is broken.

EnderDDT

Glowing Redstone
If you believe someone is breaking the rules and/or are using illegal mods, put it in a PE, and obtain video evidence if possible. Send any available information to staff on the forum and we will deal with it.

What would the best way or where would be the best place to post this evidence? Several things happened that made it obvious that the illegal mods were used, including at least one thing where the evidence should be recorded in the server logs. My computer is not capable of recording while playing, so that is not an option, but I will do whatever I can within the range of what I can do.

As for reporting it immediately: I tried sending a PE, but when I tried looking it up later I couldn't find it and I have no clue why since I did exactly what I was told to do by others on the forums twice. I can try sending it again or do something else. Honestly, the amount of evidence is greater than what can fit into a one line complaint, so some other method might be preferable anyway.

Demonxman

Obsidian
open a conversation with neo here and provide all info on the matter? I'm sure it'll get resolved then

EnderDDT

Glowing Redstone
open a conversation with neo here and provide all info on the matter? I'm sure it'll get resolved then

I haven't provided all the information because some of it is not stuff that needs to be shared publically. Other parts do. The reason why griefing is a problem is because those who are known to do it are not made an example of. Just think how players would react and how much less "playing to the other's pain and anguish" (also known as "griefing") there would be if certain people who are known to do these things were punished harshly for their obviously illegal actions! People would not ignore the rules if they knew that they would be punished for it.

I'm certain you agree that those who break the rules should be punished for it. Right?

Demonxman

Obsidian

I haven't provided all the information because some of it is not stuff that needs to be shared publically. Other parts do. The reason why griefing is a problem is because those who are known to do it are not made an example of. Just think how players would react and how much less "playing to the other's pain and anguish" (also known as "griefing") there would be if certain people who are known to do these things were punished harshly for their obviously illegal actions! People would not ignore the rules if they knew that they would be punished for it.

I'm certain you agree that those who break the rules should be punished for it. Right?
which is why I suggested opening a conversation (personal message) on this forum :) it'll be private and only you and neo will know all the details (plus whoever neo tells)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

What would the best way or where would be the best place to post this evidence? Several things happened that made it obvious that the illegal mods were used, including at least one thing where the evidence should be recorded in the server logs. My computer is not capable of recording while playing, so that is not an option, but I will do whatever I can within the range of what I can do.

As for reporting it immediately: I tried sending a PE, but when I tried looking it up later I couldn't find it and I have no clue why since I did exactly what I was told to do by others on the forums twice. I can try sending it again or do something else. Honestly, the amount of evidence is greater than what can fit into a one line complaint, so some other method might be preferable anyway.
As I previously stated - only the poster and the admins+ can read Exploit Reporting forums - feel free to use that to privately discuss these matters.

EnderDDT

Glowing Redstone
I have posted about what they did in terms of the illegal mod use and referred to what had happened with the griefing as well. This is now my second post on the incident in that forum. That said, the first time I wrote about the griefing (not the bug exploits) the post was moved into the bug exploits section and the the substantive information was obviously ignored. By "obviously ignored" I mean that I was berated for not giving information that I had very clearly included. Information that, in many cases of that type of rule abuse, would not have been available to the person who was reporting.

I had originally written only to find out what I needed to do and to try to figure out how to get more information. The reaction and obvious lack of consequence is what prompted me to make a big deal about this. I know that there was a lack of consequence because the leader of the two main perpetrators was on one or two days later despite his actions that he committed /after/ he had been warned by a mod. If the first offense after being warned results in a 3 day suspension (as so many places indicate) than he should not have been able to connect, and that is assuming that this was his first and second offense (before and after being warned). The organization that he showed in how he committed the griefing makes it obvious that this was not a first time activity for him.

Why is this important? Because when people don't get consequences for their actions than they and others continue those actions and learn to push the line further. You want proof? The same thing happened to me again right afterward by someone obviously connected with the original people. By "the same thing" I mean some of the same type of griefing combined with use of info from the previous bug exploit. Let me be clear: I do not care if they are an established player. The rules clearly state that donating does not make one immune to the rules. If the rules are supposed to mean anything than they MUST BE ENFORCED.

TL/DR: I wish I didn't have to make a fuss, but I will if it appears this is the only way to keep the situation from continuing.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
after reading all this... it seems you want public retribution for rulebreaker.
ie you want them tarred and feathered so you can feel good about it.

The rules are enforced very well, and there is alot behind the scenes that goes on, in any game, or situation, including real life.

if you see a cop pull someone over, do you assume its a drug bust and they gunna get locked up for there bad actions? could be they have a brake light out and cop trying to help that driver know about it.

The rules here are enforced very well, and effective for a minecraft server.
I have been around on tons of servers and games, and each one is different but core is similar, provide good gameing environment for the good honest gamers, while weeding out the bad ones.

In your posts, you state
I know that there was a lack of consequence because the leader of the two main perpetrators was on one or two days later despite his actions that he committed /after/ he had been warned by a mod. If the first offense after being warned results in a 3 day suspension (as so many places indicate) than he should not have been able to connect, and that is assuming that this was his first and second offense (before and after being warned). The organization that he showed in how he committed the griefing makes it obvious that this was not a first time activity for him.

You dont know what was discussed with staff and offender(s). It maybe the first time they have been warned or if they have done it before.

for assuming... bad , shame on you...never assume. ever... *hand slap*

As for the pre-meditated greifing, it may have not been the first time for his action, but might be for this server.

As i have stated numerous times.. have faith in staff, ie admins/mods, they are knowledgeable and are very good at clearing things up.

Best method for reporting and helping our the community, pm staff and include video, chats, screenshots, etc of anything you think is relevant to your case. That way they can be dealt with or removed if needed to keep HeroCrack erm Craft, clean and honorable.

Posting in public usually leads to mob mentality and its not helpful, it muddies the water sometimes.

dont make me get smokey the bear in here and say MEMBER KIDDIES ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT BAD PLAYERS

:)

Your part of the community, lets make it best ever, above and beyond !!!!!!!!!!