• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Why the traps?

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
While people often complain about how cheap my traps are and how stupid my keep is because of the traps, you can't deny that it's fun. Could I have made a region that was unreachable, unpregnable, and stick a kill switch on it that simply gets rid of any intruders with the touch of a button? Yes. But that's no fun.

The mentality is often: build, make it safe, get rich. But then what? Sure I can build a city and make my house in the city and keep it safe and snuggled in a blanket, but after a while... that gets boring. The traps I make, I make to provide fun and shocking experiences. I can't tell you how many times people have laughed and enjoyed my traps. I remember once, an invading army even used my stair traps on me. I rolled my eyes and did a facepalm. It was fun.

So why do I build my traps? I build them for you. I build them so you can have fun and feel like you're storming a castle. I build them for laughs, for shouts, for cries of despair and anguish. I do it so there are things to do besides being bored.

Could i simply make every floor a drop bridge lava underneath? yes. But there's no fun in that. I make my traps for you and the sake of fun. And i hope to have more to come very soon. I thank all of you raiders for the wonderful fun you provide me as well, and while I taunt you, it's not because of hard feelings - its because I want you to come back and play some more.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
you gunna DIE Spicy... she is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD lol

I agree with @Megan she could have made it all protected and not fun. She makes is fun, so much fun i see a feww make return trips to Megan's World.... :)

Plus I would think it teaches the 'raiders' about traps and how to learn from dying.....

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
I suppose that makes sense.

Of course, that means there's no hard feelings when I protest outside your wall for wealth redistribution and you die by gravity due to a random Confuse spell out of nowhere. ;)

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Can't wait to try this out later... Not to raid, I've no use for exp or item, but simply to test my wit!

mrfreaker

ICE ICE ICE!
this it?
meganscastle.png
[/URL]

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Well... when no one is on and the gates are open, I can easily get to the top. I don't have to pillar if the latter is the case.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Honestly, from my experience, none of the traps are very dangerous except the one on the stairs (and that one you see it once, never fall for it again).

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
they arent made to be super deadly, they're made to make you panic, think, and respond. trust me, i've already thought out a way to make deadly traps that would kill any and everything rather quickly except for the people in their rooms on my keep. Thats just not fun though.

but i do think that arrow barrage could do more damage... maybe like 10 instead of 5.

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
It is fun to watch while I was chillin' in my TREE FORT (not to be confused with a tree house, it more manly).
I'm still mad for you removing it :mad:.