• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What's the Nether like in Herocraft?

EDIT: Anyone who has visited the Nether on the Zeal map, feel free to answer any of these questions! I think it's safe to assume that Hellgate will work mostly if not entirely the same way on the Dragon Map.
Necromancers, a spec of the Caster Path, obtain an ability at level 50 called Hellgate. Hellgate consumes 6 obsidian blocks and 75 mana, and teleports the caster and the caster's party to and from the Nether.
Kainzo has stated that there may eventually be a "public" hellgate. This Hellgate would be very difficult to reach if implemented, making Necromancers the preferably choice in travel to the Nether.

Q: Does everyone spawn in a central location in the Nether, or does your location in the Overworld dictate where you appear in the Nether?
A: it's just like using a hellgate. You appear in the overworld at a position relative to your position in the nether.

Q: When teleporting back to the Overworld, do you appear where you left, or at Spawn (or other)?
A: (same answer)

Q: Does the Nether have the same size as the Overworld map?
Smaller in theory, but I don't think the nether is confined by plugins like the overworld is, so it's hard to say. Not 100% on this, though

Q: Are there any worries about depletion of glowstone/netherbrick, or of a troll destroying any Blaze spawners?

Q: If I build a house in the Nether, is it still protected by griefing rules?

Q: Is there a better way for me to ask a ton of newb questions like this instead of having to create a thread?
A: Well you could ask a guide in-game, but I like the thread as it helps get the info out to more ppl.
Not really. This works the best.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
I was going to ask Q's 1 & 2 myself, I'm going Necro regardless, but it would be nice for them to be able to use hellgate offensively to effectively warp a small army into the enemy base >:}

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Q: Does everyone spawn in a central location, or does your location in the Overworld dictate where you appear in the Nether?

Q: When teleporting back to the Overworld, do you appear where you left, or at Spawn (or other)?

Q: Are there any worries about depletion of glowstone/netherbrick, or of a troll destroying any Blaze spawners?

Q: Is there a better way for me to ask a ton of newb questions like this instead of having to create a thread?

Well in the Test Server it is possible to build Nether Portals to get to/From the nether.Pretty sure that won't be the case in live though.
Necromancers can use a skill (Hellgate) to take themselves, and their party, to/from the nether. There will probably also be another way in/out that anyone can use. If they can pass a, probably very difficulty (and deadly) trial.

As far as the Hellgate skill goes answers are:
A: it's just like using a hellgate. You appear in the overworld at a position relative to your position in the nether nether.

A: tbh i'm not sure but I assume it's smaller than overword. Just like it is in single player

A: I'd say yes on the bricks and maybe on the spawners. I'd guess that destoying spawners might be prevented by a mod. Though it's hard to say for sure. Regardless: Kainzo might expand or destroy/re-build the nether if it gets really depleted.

A: Probably not. The nether is likely to be a free-for-all zone. But I'd advise caution, and looking for an official ruling on this from the staff.

A: We'll you could ask a guide in-game, but I like the thread as it helps get the info out to more ppl.

Also: the 'public' entrance is likely to be a 'static' portal. By which I mean that theer will be a single entry/exit point - you won't be popping in/out at a random location. Probably with a small protected (no-build, and possibly no-pvp) spawn area on the Nether side.

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
IIRC that's how the public nether gate worked on the map before the zeal map - you had to navigate a massive lava pit to get there, I wouldn't mind seeing that again.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Smaller in theory, but I don't think the nether is confined by plugins like the overworld is, so it's hard to say. Not 100% on this, though

Yes.

Not really. This works the best