• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

what is up with the mobs

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
everything moves so damn fast now. Given i'm a necromancer, killing mobs may not be a specialty but i cant kill anything without dying. A creeper explodes everytime i get near it, no more hit and run, hit and run. Spiders and skeletons are even harder. Is it because of the zero lag? Mobs are this bad in single player.

DusksCrown

Legacy Supporter 4
Yup! Zero lag = zero mob lag. Making them even more badass now.

Also, Kain did say that we seemed to have broken MC (in a sort of good way?) by going 23/20 ticks. Not sure if this actually makes mobs move even faster than SSP but it sure feels that way! Had 3 creepers sneak up on me and blow up within like 5 seconds once... Didn't even know what happened till I was almost dead.

Demonxman

Obsidian
that's prolly because you got full diamond armor (or if you have that aether mod you have the very best of armor and can one shot everything with the upgraded swords that come along with the mod....)

so yea. 0 lag = don't try and farm mobs lols.

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
As long as you have a bar of bread you should be fine.
Joking aside, the fact the mobs are so Overpowered right now is that most likely the lack of growth makes the game way less laggy. So once he installs growth back everything should be fine.

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
i tried to kill a mobs earlier to day and i couldn't kill anything before wasting an entire bar of soup to last long enought, spiders are a whole other story entirely D:<

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
Heh try being a crafter. I can't even run away properly any more. If a spider starts to chase me it's certain death.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
No growth seems the way to go. @Kainzo as an alternative to nothing ever growing, could you make agro mobs have like a 10% chance to drop a piece of bread or something?

I heard growth was off and there was no lag with like 120 people on, so obviously it's best to keep it off. But, since that means grass doesn't even spread, seeds would become limited quickly so rather than bonemeal dropping more frequently or there being alternate ways to obtain it mobs should just drop food every now and then. Good ideas?

As for trees, they could just be set to insta grow as soon as a sapling is placed. People can get wood really easily then, but they still need to cut it all down and it solves another problem of growth being off.

Or if you don't like that you could have both bonemeal and bread have a chance to drop off of mobs, and maybe give cows a very small chance to drop pork as well so farming friendly mobs for food is easier since it sounds like agro ones are so much harder now?

Anyone think those are good ideas? Just some stuff we came up with while talking in teamspeak.

that's prolly because you got full diamond armor (or if you have that aether mod you have the very best of armor and can one shot everything with the upgraded swords that come along with the mod....)

so yea. 0 lag = don't try and farm mobs lols.

no, and it feels like your trying to down my skills or something. trying to say im not good, i just put on a whole crap load of armour and use zanite, but i dont. I only use armour on multiplayer for PVP

P.S. I dont even have that freakin mod anyway so... dont go baggin on other people m'kay?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The growth functions will be coming back but HIGHLY optimized - fret not. We will always choose the lagless alternative but we will not leave players high and dry.

Anonymiter

Soulsand
Mobs are nasty now if you get caught in a corner, but facing them in an open field or dipping them in some water turns into blind rodents. Of course if you're one of those that looks at his/her keyboard and types with one finger its a different story...

The benefits of disabling growth are obviously enormous, but its a very temporary fix. Replenishable resources are going to become rare and eventually we're going to end up with a landscape of dirt and bones. I say forget about the strafe-able mobs, and instead complain about the growing trend of implementing new features before fixing the obvious issues.

Kainzo any eta on when your going to buff heals? with these mobs i can't keep myself alive let alone my friends