• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

What do you want out of a Creative server?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
-WE for supporter Tier 7+ possibly? as well as all subscribers?
-Is it reasonably feasible for plots to be combined when bought next to each other for larger building spaces?
-What are the plot sizes even going to be?
-May higher tier subscribers/supporters buy more plots in creative then normal members?

I especially enjoy this separation idea, that way architects can still have space for things they want to surprise the general populous of the server with, while keeping us (the GP) captivated with what they choose to share. +1 :)

Unfortunately, I worry about the effects of having a plot that anyone and everyone can access.
Those plots would be cleaned regularly (at least that's my hope). It would be separate from the normal building area/

xBladeDalsmin

Legacy Supporter 8
Those plots would be cleaned regularly (at least that's my hope). It would be separate from the normal building area/
Of course, I took that under consideration, however would it be worth it? Not to get too into it but my fear is the kinds of things I would see on a plot that is cleared (for example) every day. Members would be more inclined to believe that whatever they build there wouldn't matter because in the next "x" amount of time, it would be cleared. Just my 2cents <3

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'd like to see permission based areas, including:
Private Building area for Architects to use for the Server
Semi-Private Building area for builds that aren't for any specific project (If architects feel like building something randomly) Anyone can view and look, only Architect+ can build.
An area for people to try and join the architects. It'd be cool to see people try to build something new rather than see something old
Obviously regular building zone.

Other suggestion:
Creative staff: Players who can add people to the above zones, possibly clear old/abandoned plots (Creative Mod could be a new spot, or current mods could get)
EVENTS! Building contests, new spleef zones via community submitted Maps, other stuff I'm probably forgetting

Just stuff I've been saying for a while ;P
We already have an architect server, but I think having a premium "architect only" world is something we can do on creative and kind of dissolve Architect.

The plots on Architect can be SUPER large.
-WE for supporter Tier 7+ possibly? as well as all subscribers?
-Is it reasonably feasible for plots to be combined when bought next to each other for larger building spaces?
-What are the plot sizes even going to be?
-May higher tier subscribers/supporters buy more plots in creative then normal members?

I especially enjoy this separation idea, that way architects can still have space for things they want to surprise the general populous of the server with, while keeping us (the GP) captivated with what they choose to share. +1 :)

Unfortunately, I worry about the effects of having a plot that anyone and everyone can access.
  • The plot sizes will start at 64x64. Enough to build something that you may want to see ported over.
  • Plots can be combined with your friends.
  • We will allow for more plots purchased depending on your tier, 1 per tier (max of 10)
  • World Edit will be available for an off creative-purchase (perm) ($5-10) and on tiers starting at probably T5+
    I'd like the options of have a fun "Practice War" where towns have a plot and 15-30mins to build a bunker and
    War on each other =D

and check these ideas

http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/just-a-few-server-ideas.58850/
    (esp the max class/profession idea!)
    readig that now.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Of course, I took that under consideration, however would it be worth it? Not to get too into it but my fear is the kinds of things I would see on a plot that is cleared (for example) every day. Members would be more inclined to believe that whatever they build there wouldn't matter because in the next "x" amount of time, it would be cleared. Just my 2cents <3

There would be normal building plots,
Then desperate architect applications plots.

And @Kainzo i know we have architect, figured it would be merged into the creative server.

_Trains_

Obsidian
We might have a redstone problem, since a lot of people might make "lag machines".

Ban all redstone usage, but maybe give access to supporters and/or architects.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We might have a redstone problem, since a lot of people might make "lag machines".

Ban all redstone usage, but maybe give access to supporters and/or architects.
This is something I guess, though I'm not sure how we can easily restrict redstone, we can easily monitor for lag based on certain plugins.

I'll have to find a limited redstone plugin, I guess. I know worldguard may be able to blacklist placement even in creative.

_phant0m_

TNT
expand on this please.
Pretty much all the functionality a max engineer has on the survival server. Such as the ICs bridges,gates,walls. Though I understand the fear of people making redstone lag machines, I believe that we should put trust in the community and place restrictions only if someone makes one not based upon the chance that someone might make one.

OceanWolfie

Stone
I say we have creative world in an immense natural-type world with biomes spread across the land. Specific biomes on islands even, as... The Last Air-bender worked. So we can travel to different nations and they'd be a whole different experience each time. People who like the same schemes can live together on the same biome island. I'm talking huge islands like Australia sized in comparison. Additionally, we rent chunks like we do in survival, but they are counted as "plots". That way it will allow for a landscape to be inhabited as it would in survival, yet look fascinating in the natural aesthetic. Having to rent our chunks/plots solves the problem of eventually, if you don't pay, only the chunks that have not been paid for and are active are not reset to the default world before it was claimed, as a monthly or biweekly reset of the server. Its an idea I've seen across other servers, and seems fair in keeping users from making the world look nasty with careless builds and decrepit accounts. If there is a person who built something massive and everyone appreciates it enough, the server can have a vote too keep it there as "ruins" or "landmarks" and they will not be reset in this hypothetical bi-weekly/monthly server reset. I also really this landscape idea, because you can find a place that's really beautiful such as a mountaintop, or a waterfall, cave...ect. that you would exponentiate on and grow a build in the most free way possible. I also am rooting for enabling pvp on and off when you choose, so that battling and minigaming is enabled for those who want to build Colosseums and battle arenas. Lastly, I think that allowing property spawns here would be a big perk so others can see your creations and homes, and use them with ease. The creative server has huge potential and I feel using a default flat world like all the rest of these other servers across minecraft is repetitive and boring. Let's spice up creative and be a server that does things differently, but better. That's all I have to say. Thanks for reading my novel. Herobrine Bless You!

anevia

Legacy Supporter 5
@Heralds
Lets get the juices flowing, I'm designing this and getting ready to release it in ~5 days.
  • Plots.
  • Limited WorldEdit. (supporters?)
  • Limited Entities.
  • Limited Creative.
  • No Lag
  • Possible Schematic Saving
  • Chat.
  • Tiers linked with other servers
  • Micro-transactions.
  • No Commandblock usage.
  • Download your own schematic/plot ($$?)
Let me know!
PinkiePye suggested making food and drink items available in creative.