• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Weirdjunk's Coding Team Application

weirdjunk

Gold
1. Minecraft IGN: weirdjunk
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 19
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Pacific Standard Time (California represent!)
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since Indev. (Wow... It's been a long time!)
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?:
I have my 2 year badge but I stopped playing Herocraft for sporadic periods of time in between. I just recently got back into Herocraft actually.

7. What is your level of Java experience?:
I would say that I'm quite experienced in Java. I'm currently a sophomore studying Computer Science at the University of California Berkeley with the intention of becoming a software engineer when I graduate. I learned Java back in freshman year of high school so I've been using Java for a long time now. I have definitely not mastered Java since Java is such a sophisticated language with massive libraries, but I would definitely say that I am experienced with using Java.

In regards to plugins, I have been developing plugins for a while now. I started back in high school after I learned Java in school and found out about the Bukkit community. After all the rigorous work I did in school, I found that developing Bukkit plugins was rather simple. All I had to do was learn the Bukkit API. I took a long hiatus and did not get back into plugin development until recently (since the class I'm taking currently happens to teach data structures and algorithms using Java).

Besides Java, I am experienced with Python, Scheme, VB.net.

8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:
I have not released any public plugins (At least as of now, maybe in the future? Who knows...) but I have made various plugins for quite a few servers. I have made plugins that have dealt with economies, classes and skills, groups (like guilds), etc.

If you would like proof that I can actually develop plugins, just ask me to make something and I'll do it and show it to you!

9. Additional info you would like to tell us?:
Hope you enjoyed reading through my application! :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1. Minecraft IGN: weirdjunk
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 19
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Pacific Standard Time (California represent!)
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since Indev. (Wow... It's been a long time!)
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?:
I have my 2 year badge but I stopped playing Herocraft for sporadic periods of time in between. I just recently got back into Herocraft actually.

7. What is your level of Java experience?:
I would say that I'm quite experienced in Java. I'm currently a sophomore studying Computer Science at the University of California Berkeley with the intention of becoming a software engineer when I graduate. I learned Java back in freshman year of high school so I've been using Java for a long time now. I have definitely not mastered Java since Java is such a sophisticated language with massive libraries, but I would definitely say that I am experienced with using Java.

In regards to plugins, I have been developing plugins for a while now. I started back in high school after I learned Java in school and found out about the Bukkit community. After all the rigorous work I did in school, I found that developing Bukkit plugins was rather simple. All I had to do was learn the Bukkit API. I took a long hiatus and did not get back into plugin development until recently (since the class I'm taking currently happens to teach data structures and algorithms using Java).

Besides Java, I am experienced with Python, Scheme, VB.net.

8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:
I have not released any public plugins (At least as of now, maybe in the future? Who knows...) but I have made various plugins for quite a few servers. I have made plugins that have dealt with economies, classes and skills, groups (like guilds), etc.

If you would like proof that I can actually develop plugins, just ask me to make something and I'll do it and show it to you!

9. Additional info you would like to tell us?:
Hope you enjoyed reading through my application! :)
Thanks for applying! Make sure to join #heroes on esper.net and we can chat more there.

We run a very laid back team and each member has personal projects and helps with maintaining our current code in various ones.