• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Weapon disappearing on death while disarmed

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Weapon disappearing on death while disarmed

Its retarded and these high cost enchanted weapons with medals and stuff really makes it unfair that it can be permanently removed that way.

@Delfofthebla

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I've bug reported this multiple times now and it never seems to get the right amount of attention from staff.

I've lost too many damn enchanted blaze rods due to this bug :(

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
It's such a pain in the ass to deal with item related stuff. Also, prior to haven is was hard to give a shit because most weapons did not have any real value to them.

I took a poke around, and maaaaybe I have a fix. But because it has to do with items, I have to test it. And I dont wanna test it. I'm lazy.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
It's such a pain in the ass to deal with item related stuff. Also, prior to haven is was hard to give a shit because most weapons did not have any real value to them.

I took a poke around, and maaaaybe I have a fix. But because it has to do with items, I have to test it. And I dont wanna test it. I'm lazy.
Couldn't you also make it so that when you are disarmed and weapon damage is 0 or 1?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6

Those were the days when killing people actually meant something T_T

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Couldn't you also make it so that when you are disarmed and weapon damage is 0 or 1?
Well, part of the "effects" of disarm are the fact that it "silences" skills that require a specific weapon to be held. It's not that big of a deal, but I don't really wanna remove that functionality.

Also, to do what you are asking, I'd basically have to check if you are disarmed every time you, or anyone else, does damage. It would add just an ever so tiny amount of lag to the server.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Well, part of the "effects" of disarm are the fact that it "silences" skills that require a specific weapon to be held. It's not that big of a deal, but I don't really wanna remove that functionality.

Also, to do what you are asking, I'd basically have to check if you are disarmed every time you, or anyone else, does damage. It would add just an ever so tiny amount of lag to the server.
Scratch that idea then

Ampayne2

Retired Staff

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Wat, so confused on how it went from

to

to

Couldn't you just remove the disarm effect on death? The items should be returned before the player actually dies
That's how it works currently. All effects are removed from any entity that dies. The "Removal" code for Disarm is to return any disarmed items back to the entity.

But it doesn't work.

The random spur of the moment idea I had for a fix, was that on death, before all effects are removed, we would take the "disarmed items" from the dying player and add them to the "death drops". We would then remove the disarm effect (in a way it skips the usual "give items back" code) and see how it played out.