• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Weaker classes and harder mobs

joshua624

Coal
Every t2 class i have come in contact with seems to be reporting the same thing. Even with strength, they are doing less damage. My skills are costing more mana. The bosses seem to only take damage once per second as opposed to every hit, like there is some sort of damage tick. T2 was greatly nerfed in this update even with players able to set their attributes. This just expands the gap between T2 and T3+. I never thought this game was hard until a mob with 12k health is taking 12 damage per second while dealers 300+ dmg to myself. The reward to be tomrented by this kind of thing is not great enough nor will i be doing it until it is fixed.

Either something is wrong with classes at the moment that is making them weaker, this was done purposefully to mess with us. Doing 12 damage is not the most fun thing, as you might imagine.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Every t2 class i have come in contact with seems to be reporting the same thing. Even with strength, they are doing less damage. My skills are costing more mana. The bosses seem to only take damage once per second as opposed to every hit, like there is some sort of damage tick. T2 was greatly nerfed in this update even with players able to set their attributes. This just expands the gap between T2 and T3+. I never thought this game was hard until a mob with 12k health is taking 12 damage per second while dealers 300+ dmg to myself. The reward to be tomrented by this kind of thing is not great enough nor will i be doing it until it is fixed.

Either something is wrong with classes at the moment that is making them weaker, this was done purposefully to mess with us. Doing 12 damage is not the most fun thing, as you might imagine.
You can add attribute points to increase your damage.

joshua624

Coal
Thanks for the useless info. Doesnt seem to increase damage even minimally even if at all. Plus it feels like even with points added to increase damage, it doesnt impact how much you do against mobs.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Truzle, it appears that you do not understand the whole thing at all. Even with attributes invested into the respective stats, some, if not all, T2 classes are still weak in terms of damage, and probably get even weaker if they add attributes, like as if attributes were nonexistent.

I also would like to know what is going on behind the scenes, as I do believe some essential code is broken. And yeah, I'd like to confirm @joshua624's complaint on bosses having some kind of damage tick, whereas before the patch you could essentially just spam left-click the boss and it would take damage.

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
I am a T2 Transcendent and do like 60 damage with my blaze rod. I have 28 Strength 15 Constitution 20 Endurance 28 Intellect.
My skills seem to do the normal damage and heal too.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
The spam clicking the mobs is a bug and was not intended. If you feel that the mobs are too difficult to kill, speak to @just_jeff94 as he is in charge of them.

You could also consider leveling in a larger group if you find them too difficult, as solo leveling isn't really intended.

The attributes have made t2's worse. I discovered this when I was a sorcerer when the patch came out. I thought "ok, I'll make a glass cannon build, it'll be fun!" After adding loads of points into intellect, and the remainder into wisdom and some constitution, I found that I was doing the same amount of damage, with 100 less health than before with insanely slow mana regen. So unless this is a nerd on sorcerer itself, the attributes made t2 worse imo.

Until this is fixed I'll be running around as max dexterity goon. Good luck catching me

just_jeff94

Glowing Redstone
The mini bosses were never intended to be solo'd or at least not easily. I am always taking feedback on the bosses. Earlier today i patched the corrupted king and archemage, reduced their damg, remove their chest piece(had thorns for some reason) and reduced the range on their tp/force pull. any other suggestions please tag me in the posts thank you very much

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
The mini bosses were never intended to be solo'd or at least not easily. I am always taking feedback on the bosses. Earlier today i patched the corrupted king and archemage, reduced their damg, remove their chest piece(had thorns for some reason) and reduced the range on their tp/force pull. any other suggestions please tag me in the posts thank you very much
Can the bosses not be able to tp people that aren't or haven't attacked it please (or have an even more drastically lowered tp range)? I haven't experienced it before but I know a number of people the have been RKO'ed by the boss just because they are squishy mages and in a dungeon.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
The attributes have made t2's worse. I discovered this when I was a sorcerer when the patch came out. I thought "ok, I'll make a glass cannon build, it'll be fun!" After adding loads of points into intellect, and the remainder into wisdom and some constitution, I found that I was doing the same amount of damage, with 100 less health than before with insanely slow mana regen. So unless this is a nerd on sorcerer itself, the attributes made t2 worse imo.

Until this is fixed I'll be running around as max dexterity goon. Good luck catching me
I just believe that Endurance, Intellect and Wisdom attributes are broken, as for the former it never changed my stamina regen. Unless it gets fixed, there's no point in wasting 100s just to /attribute reset.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3

I found Leach has perfect attribute scaling, and I haven't had a problem with the class.

Did you check to make sure it's actually scaling? That might be the bug, although I haven't had an issue with it myself. T2 leveling just got 100% harder though.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Reduce their spawn rate. I'm tired of them spawning literally everywhere.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Just tested sorcerer and ever
ything seems fine with it.
At first tier 2 classes will be weaker then they were before but by the time they cap they should be back to full strength depending upon your build.

First switched to sorcerer and with my int at base values my fireball did 102 damage.
The calculation for that skill is 90 base damage + 1.5 per each int point (which is 8 at base) So the damage is correct.
When I set my int to 31 my fireball was doing 136 damage.
I then used up my remaining points and set it to 47, the damage with fireball at that point was 160.

Did this with some other skills also but the values on the wiki remained accurate.

I also tested strength, you should get another point of damage with your left clicks every 3 or so points you put into strength. I went from doing 34 damage with an unenchanted diamond hoe to 36 when I set my str from 1 to 8

I only tested out sorcerer but yeah, the attributes system seems to be working fine. I'd highly suggest against throwing all your points into one or two attributes as the cost increases the higher the attribute goes. You could effectively have more attributes by going with a more well rounded build.

Wish I could test out tier 2 classes on the test world, so I can't confirm or deny if other classes are fine also.

Edit: I'm not sure but I believe maxed stormcallers did 44 damage with diamond hoes before according to /hero tools.
With the same str before it's 40.4 damage with the same weapon.

So there are a few possibilities....
1. I have a crappy memory and I'm mistaken about the damage before. But I could have sworn it was 44.
2. Perhaps /hero tools were showing the wrong values before and have been updated.
3. Left click damage has been nerfed slightly.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Just tested sorcerer and ever
ything seems fine with it.
At first tier 2 classes will be weaker then they were before but by the time they cap they should be back to full strength depending upon your build.

First switched to sorcerer and with my int at base values my fireball did 102 damage.
The calculation for that skill is 90 base damage + 1.5 per each int point (which is 8 at base) So the damage is correct.
When I set my int to 31 my fireball was doing 136 damage.
I then used up my remaining points and set it to 47, the damage with fireball at that point was 160.

Did this with some other skills also but the values on the wiki remained accurate.

I also tested strength, you should get another point of damage with your left clicks every 3 or so points you put into strength. I went from doing 34 damage with an unenchanted diamond hoe to 36 when I set my str from 1 to 8

I only tested out sorcerer but yeah, the attributes system seems to be working fine. I'd highly suggest against throwing all your points into one or two attributes as the cost increases the higher the attribute goes. You could effectively have more attributes by going with a more well rounded build.

Wish I could test out tier 2 classes on the test world, so I can't confirm or deny if other classes are fine also.

Edit: I'm not sure but I believe maxed stormcallers did 44 damage with diamond hoes before according to /hero tools.
With the same str before it's 40.4 damage with the same weapon.

So there are a few possibilities....
1. I have a crappy memory and I'm mistaken about the damage before. But I could have sworn it was 44.
2. Perhaps /hero tools were showing the wrong values before and have been updated.
3. Left click damage has been nerfed slightly.
I'll go ahead and confirm Minstrel is still fucked up.
Tried adding 44 Charisma again and most of the skills only did their base values or were just off