• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Way to get into towns... c4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
Currently TNT is disabled completely, I was getting sick and tired of these roofed in bubbles that people call "towns" where 1 dirt block keeps an entire town safe from invaders. I thought it would be cool if you could place TNT next to a town wall it would blow up, but about 5-10 seconds later, the blocks that have exploded would all re-spawn back. During that time it would give a way for people to get into towns. Thanks! (_Remember, it's just a suggestion xD_)

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
That would just make walls reduntant. And would leave logging off as the only possible mean of not getting into a fight...

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
That would just make walls reduntant. And would leave logging off as the only possible mean of not getting into a fight...
I don't know what you think, but I think PvP should not be something that you can just 100% block out. How it is now where everyone is 100% safe in a town barrier, IMO is pretty un-hardcore :p

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would require some MEAN requirements, restrict it to lvl 50 engineer and require 5 TNT blocks to use the skill.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would require some MEAN requirements, restrict it to lvl 50 engineer and require 5 TNT blocks to use the skill.
completely agree. Not everyone should be able to do this, Maybe Master 55 Profession.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

Noty engineer. That is a profession.

Make it a specification, that way, there will be far fewer people who could use that skill.

Upb34t

Legacy Supporter 3
Instead I propose making a warm-up time for closing gates. That would mean that someone can't run from another player into the town and close the gate and block them out, but would give the raiders a chance to get into the town, before the gate actually closes.

I don't want to say that I like the idea of impenetrable towns, but blowing holes into a wall doesn't seem like the perfect solution ;)

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
Instead I propose making a warm-up time for closing gates. That would mean that someone can't run from another player into the town and close the gate and block them out, but would give the raiders a chance to get into the town, before the gate actually closes.

I don't want to say that I like the idea of impenetrable towns, but blowing holes into a wall doesn't seem like the perfect solution ;)
I think it sounds cooler tbh xD

Catmario12

Wood
I would rather the blowing up portion because its more war like... I would go with it even if the walls didn't regen but an easy way to counter is just claim enough land around the town so that you would need to be an expert to tnt cannon the walls themselves... Since you wouldn't be able to placer tnt at the meat of the city since all the land around is claimed.

I like the idea but it is very easily countered.
Edit- Also it would go against the no greifing rule even if its temporary

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't know what you think, but I think PvP should not be something that you can just 100% block out. How it is now where everyone is 100% safe in a town barrier, IMO is pretty un-hardcore :p

The whole TNT thing is a cool idea. But your reasoning here is backwards! This is a hardcore server, not a pvp server. The township system is meant to keep people safe, and to encourage people to live together and reap the benefits. If townhalls were pvp-off like they should be then i'd back this tnt idea 100%, or maybe the townhall could be impregnable to tnt with whatever plugin makes this happen, OR maybe people will just get smart and make it out of obsidian :p

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3

The whole TNT thing is a cool idea. But your reasoning here is backwards! This is a hardcore server, not a pvp server. The township system is meant to keep people safe, and to encourage people to live together and reap the benefits. If townhalls were pvp-off like they should be then i'd back this tnt idea 100%, or maybe the townhall could be impregnable to tnt with whatever plugin makes this happen, OR maybe people will just get smart and make it out of obsidian :p
A raid now a days: * 5 Armored Warriors walk up to a towns walls *, * Warriors walk around to see if anyone is outside, while they watch the white names through the walls /shout "Lauphing" * Warriors go home *

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
I just thought this would add something new and hardcore to the Server :p, because atm I really can't raid any towns lol

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
How about people inside the city get a 50% Decrease in Damage delt to them, 10% damage buff, and outsiders get nothing?

jmoney222

Legacy Supporter 5
I really like this idea, especially because this isn't "Modern Warfare". Back when swords were used to fight, like how it is in MC/HC, it did take a while to raise and lower the gates/bridges.

You could just make it like Guild wars 2.

Make the countdown insanely long on the timer - This way the people get a chance to retaliate before it blows up, but if silent and discreet enough the infiltrator gets free loot.

It's called tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.