• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Water walk

I think a skill that allows a class to walk on water/lava (lava would hurt or be a higher level) for some classes like ninjas. It would add something cool to the 'fast' classes like sammy ninja and runeblade (classes with one/same thing with different names). (just ideas, not definite)

Just thought it would be cool.
-Flip

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Is a neat idea.
Could see the ninja or sammy running like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Northac

Obsidian
neat idea yes, may be considered a bit over powering by some though. Playing the part of devil's advocate, what if you were chasing or being chased by, a class with this skill? upon encountering water they would have a very large advantage over you. i guess it could be coded to not work in combat but there are limits that should be placed on new skills like this. since im not a coder or an dev of any sort I'll leave those up to people in those positions to decide what to do with it.

Personally i think its a good idea and would love to have my necro walk across lava (water is so much a ninja type thing, and lave is in the neter where necros can go more than others) could call it "death's grace" or something lol

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I like it, however I think it should break on combat, otherwise whatever class gets it will destroy in water fights.

I like it, however I think it should break on combat, otherwise whatever class gets it will destroy in water fights.
well in combat they might actually have a disadvantage because they would be on top of the water. the person being chased could just swim underwater and then have a reach advantage, however being hit/hitting should break it I would think.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
This is an awesome skill suggestion, but would be incredibly hard to balance. I could see a super-long CD...

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
well in combat they might actually have a disadvantage because they would be on top of the water. the person being chased could just swim underwater and then have a reach advantage, however being hit/hitting should break it I would think.

Good point. My main concern is just the speed of going on the water. Swimming slows a player down alot and boats arn't easy to make in a fight.

but isn't that the point of a mobility skill? to catch up to a target? It would be a 1 time per entry of water skill because it would be hard to make otherwise. It would definitely require some balancing of the class but it could be a fun and unique skill.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
but isn't that the point of a mobility skill? to catch up to a target? It would be a 1 time per entry of water skill because it would be hard to make otherwise. It would definitely require some balancing of the class but it could be a fun and unique skill.

Another good point, although most classes have some mobility skill of some sort (slow or speed buff). I would love to see this skill in game, I just think it will be alot of work to balance (as stated by many people :p).

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Ninjas can already escape super-easily in water. Simply face the guy chasing you and use backflip while swimming backwards. You easily gain 100 blocks distance by doing this whenever CD is off.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Wouldn't some kind of skill like this require a rework with nocheat to allow walking on water thus opening up the possibility for hackers to use water walking hacks? I understand those kinds of hacks don't actually make a big difference because no hacker would actually use it in a situation where anyone could see but it is still something that should be considered.

Wouldn't some kind of skill like this require a rework with nocheat to allow walking on water thus opening up the possibility for hackers to use water walking hacks? I understand those kinds of hacks don't actually make a big difference because no hacker would actually use it in a situation where anyone could see but it is still something that should be considered.
Not if we used something like aryios's idea I don't think.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Ninjas can already escape super-easily in water. Simply face the guy chasing you and use backflip while swimming backwards. You easily gain 100 blocks distance by doing this whenever CD is off.

Backflip doesn't help when fighting underwater though. And ranged class shouldn't have too much of a problem and any melee class probably shouldn't be fighting in water if they are low on health.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I was on a server where the the water turned into ice. It was a pretty efficient way of drowning your opponent if the body of water was small enough.

Also, I think disciples should have this skill as well. Good 'ol Jesus walked on water, why not a Disciple?

Glacies Path - Freezes the water you walk on into ice for 10 sec . (1 min cooldown )
That would be nice and all but what I was more going for with the skill was ninja's running across the water like in some of those old tv shows :p not a caster-like skill that doesn't really make much sense on a non mobility class

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Limiting your idea so that it may one day be possible:

Needs a high, 1 use per 2-3 fights cd. Needs to become unusable/break on combat. Should have a modest stamina/resource cost to make sure that if it is used to further escape a combat sitation, the player does not use it without consideration.

However, I think that balancing too much pvp around terrain fighting leaves some of the slower melee classes out of luck. Have you ever tried to melee a dragoon who didn't want you to in world pvp? Same thing here with WaterWalkEscape, Backflip, and eventally, once distance and resources are up, Smoke. I do not see ninja's having any trouble closing gaps when played competently with the current skills.
Another tiny objection is that I want to see increased use of vehicles (boats n carts) for HC rather than all this warping/easy sprint mode skills people want, but that is a personal note.

This all being said, if implemented my spec would love anyone else to have this, one arrow while you're in Jesus waterwalk mode and you either fall into the water (gg ranger) or can be ice'd until you do.