• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Warshard "Spawn"

Nuevex

TNT
I have a small suggestion about Warshard and its spawn point. I believe there should be no central spawn on the map, but when you warp to Warshard you and your group appear in a random location.
Random warping will prevent the central spawn from being camped or exploited in anyway, it also adds to the feel of chaos as you are being thrown into a chaotic world randomly.

If anyone has any suggestions that can improve this concept, please go ahead. Also anyone who has any reasons why this would be terrible, please do explain.

Thanks ^_^

Aetosion

Obsidian
Warshard should have spawncamping, it'd be sweet. You've got to pass the blockade to get in, run, mine, and either sneak past or kill the group guarding spawn to get out.

Like, 1 port into Warshard, 1 port out. It'd end up like King of the Hill. Legacy is in control of the spawnpoint, Legacy guys can get out safely, TC in control, they get out safely, XD in control, they get out safely. Then it'd be more war and alliance focused.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I have a small suggestion about Warshard and its spawn point. I believe there should be no central spawn on the map, but when you warp to Warshard you and your group appear in a random location.
Random warping will prevent the central spawn from being camped or exploited in anyway, it also adds to the feel of chaos as you are being thrown into a chaotic world randomly.

If anyone has any suggestions that can improve this concept, please go ahead. Also anyone who has any reasons why this would be terrible, please do explain.

Thanks ^_^

Instead of a random location in the wild; why not have four spawns? Or 5 maybe? They would be VERY small, like how the Herogates used to be in Zeal. Tiny. You wouldn't want to stay there long.

Then again.. this could influence border hopping again... :S

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Instead of a random location in the wild; why not have four spawns? Or 5 maybe? They would be VERY small, like how the Herogates used to be in Zeal. Tiny. You wouldn't want to stay there long.

Then again.. this could influence border hopping again... :S

Border hopping? pff, make the no-pvp regions 1x1 :p

Nuevex

TNT
I like the several tower ideas too. If you decrease the amount of people at one point, you decrease the amount of problems. The ideas of several towers or random warping will only work if the map itself is relatively small. If the map is too big and there is random warping, PvP will be greatly diminished and that's not the idea of Warshard.
A smaller map and random warping allows the player to have a second to explore before running into someone, instead of instantly dying.

@Thezian Having more friends is the same as having more connections such as being in a township, like @Aetosion pointed out. If you have more people on your side, good for you - you had to earn their comradeship. With random warping, or several warp areas, it decreases the amount of "power" big groups have but still makes it one of the biggest strengths in Warshard.

Also, besides for the beneficial reasons of random warping I think it would just be cooler and more chaotic.

EDIT: How do you leave Warshard without any non-pvp zones and spawn point? Well maybe Warshard can be teleported to through a spell everyone can earn at some point? This could also make it a high-level area only. <- I personally don't like this idea that much, maybe we could just have Herogates to send us back scattered throughout the map.

teddytazer

Soulsand
Its not OREshard. also whats easier.. mining for 1 hour and getting a stack of gold. or taking 1min and killing that guy that mined for 1 hour and taking his gold?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I am attempting to design the warshard spawn in a way that makes it difficult to hop in and out.

teddytazer

Soulsand
I would suggest 4 seperate exits. elevated with drops into water. if u jump off and someone follows u can choose whether u leave the spawn or not. each exit far apart/barriers so u cant just run from one to other quickly if they camping from outside. also central stairway that leads up to nexus/ portal from dragongarde.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
You think I haven't already done something like that?
I'm rather disappointed in your lack of faith in me...