• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[War & PVP]Gentlemen's Warfare

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't think alignment is that clear cut. A good person can fight dirty, and that act can still be good. I mean in another thread you see some one complaining about Block Trapping. This is a cheap and dirty tactic(Note: I am not arguing against its use, merely commenting on its nature) often used by good or neutral towns to stop banditry. This is a good act with dirty fighting. More importantly alignment isn't just about fighting. Its about almost everything(aside from aesthetics, which is what people seem to follow most closely when considering alignment on this server). A evil nation shouldn't have to be at war all the time to be evil. And good needs to be more the mere absence of evil.

The character(alignment) of a nation should be defined by the general actions of the players which constitute its body. The nation itself isn't capable to do this accurately because its leaders hold certain values which make them blind to the meaning of their actions. The most accurate way to demonstrate alignment is through the perceptions of the rest of the world. How many people see that nation as evil? How many see that nation as good? Thats what the League of Nations is about. Its about encouraging social consequence.

Shenorai

Banned
Alignments are all relative. I personally think the whole Good/Neutral/Evil thing is bullshit, but hey. If the staff wants to slap labels on and set up unnecessary walls between players, fine. I won't argue.

Now, the only thing I can think of as far as organized war goes is to have contests occur in Warshard. Something similar to what the staff had when Warshard was released.

The contest I witnessed was simple: Find and kill a participating Guide or Staff Member, earn coin.

Want to do something similar? Have you and a few friends each hold one Gold Ingot and scatter throughout Warshard before challenging other players to find you lot and battle to the death over the gold. Then you'll have a bunch of greedy PVPers all trying to find you and everyone participating so they could slay all parties involved and keep all the gold for themselves.

Seriously, though. If you're bored with how Herocraft does PVP, then take it into your own hands and spice things up!