• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Victoria II thread

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Doubt that any people here play it, but if you do, post your Victoria II games/updates here.

Currently playing as Mexico myself, I have sphered most of South America and colonized most of the northwest territories before the USA.

Current map of North America looks like this.

2015-04-18_00002.jpg

Not too bad for me, but I still miss the days when I had USA as my puppet state:

2015-04-17_00001.jpg

Gonna keep updating as I play through this. My current goal is to take Washington from the UK, then to get some puppets in Africa during the colonization.

Last edited:

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
So I was able to intervene against a communist coup in the USA and as I cracked down on the commies I also made the new American government my puppet. As my puppet, they helped me beat down a Yankee Patriot rebellion in my newly aquired provinces North Dakota and South Dakota which was kinda ironic.

2015-04-23_00001.jpg

Context for the next couple of screenshots:
10 or so years after I beat down the commies, the USA is once again a Great Power and no longer my puppet so I turn my attention towards Europe. Germany and Japan are fighting in a World War against the United Kingdom, France, Netherlands and The Ottoman Empire. The war in mainland Europe went heavily in Germany's favor and they quickly forced the Netherlands to surrender and then proceeded to wreck France. Meanwhile Japan invade British India and the Ottoman Empire from the east. Despite this, the United Kingdom's alliance held the upper hand due to naval superiority and dominance in Africa.

2015-04-23_00002.jpg

Since I wanted to get myself some prestige while destroying Europe's dominance, I decided to intervene in the World War on Germany and Japan's side. Since their manpower had been brought down quite a bit from the war, I took the leadership for our alliance so I could decide on war goals and peace negotiations. Germany had already put up two war goals, to dismantle the British and the French Empire. I decided I would turn the tides in such a way to achieve atleast one of these. I called in my puppets Hausaland and Sokoto, whom I both released after the colonization in Africa, to join the war on our side. They both followed through, and they turned the tides in Africa where they quickly managed to free the Germany colonies and occupy all the French and British ones. After this they went on to attack the Ottoman Empire from Egypt, and this combined with the German invasion of Balkan made the Ottomans offer peace. I accepted their peace, which allowed me to focus on the one last threat: The United Kingdom.

The UK had withdrawn most of its troops to Britain and Ireland, and it was almost impossible to invade them anywhere from the sea. I sent my fleet of Dreadnoughts down to Northern France which they used as a base of operations while tieing down the Royal Navy. With the Royal Navy busy, I sent my transport accros the ocean with some 66 000 men to invade Ireland. During my first attempt to land my troops, I was met by 160 000 british troops who drove me back into the ocean. I lost some 20 000 men, and had to call off the invasion for now. I sent my troops to France to recover our supplies and to receive reinforcements, before I made another attempt. This time I made sure that the british army in Northern Ireland would not reach in time so that I would only have to beat down a small army of Irish troops instead. The landing suceeded, but my troops were under attack by 70 000 Irish and a huge battle commenced. Over the course of the battle, the irish received a further 130 000 troops in reinforcements. Due to the outdated equipment, lack of artillery and cavalery support and due to the fact that I had my best general present I ended up winning a huge victory as seen in the screenshot below.

2015-04-23_00003.jpg

Most of the irish army was destroyed in this single battle, and the war turned into my alliance's favor. I proceeded to occupy an Irish port to increase the supply-efficiency for my ships and troops, and I then sent my transport fleet back to Texas where I loaded it up with another 60 000 men. As the men arrived, the Royal Navy managed to engage the Dreadnoughts that blockaded the path between Belfast and mainland Britain, and thus over half a million British soldiers managed to cross while my navy was busy fighting theirs. My 120 000 troops in Ireland were outnumbered by almost one to five, but due to the effectiveness of fighting a defensive battle I managed to create a meatgrinder battlefield where the British kept pouring their reserves into my exceptionally strong position leading to tremendous losses amongst the british. The battle did inflict a lot of causalties onto me as well, however the core of the British Army was effectively wiped out leaving 276 000 british soldiers dead, in exchange I lost ''only'' 37 000 men of some of my best men. Screenshot below shows the results of the battle:

2015-04-23_00005.jpg

After this battle, my armies had to recover, but a third dispatch of almost 70 000 Mexican troops arrived and proceeded to beat down the remnants of the British forces in Ireland which were largely disorganized at this point. The two huge battles, combined with several smaller ones had wiped out so much of Britain's fighting potential that they sued for peace. The negotiations lead to the dismantling of the British Empire, the release of Ireland (Previously a British puppet state) and the release of Canada (Previously a British puppet state). The World War had finally concluded, and Mexico, Germany and Japan came out on top. After the war, the previously British colonies were divided between the victors. As the most powerful nations amongst the Allies, Mexico took on most of Britain's African and Far-East Asian colonies. I proceeded to grant all gained territories independence as my goal was not to establish a Mexican Empire, but rather to beat down the existing European empires and gain the favor of the natives whom I gave independence.

Since last time, I have taken all the American states between Washington and Wyoming. European immigrants are flooding my country, leading to a much higher population and literacy growth than the rest of America.