• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Vent your opinion on PVP!

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I ( As a PVP resident ) have a few suggestions to making PVP more... Popular ( and not have everyone avoid it cuz of constant PVP )

1. Events - One way to keep the PVP resident # Up is to have a few "Exclusive" PVP evennts, keeping people in PVP happy with the waves of players to murder >:D

2. Arena Teleport Ability - Make a skill which ALL classes get, where you can teleport to an Arena to PVP. Its very simple, but if people vent all their killing urges here, they may be less inclined to hunt down people constantly and scare them off

3. PVP and PVE Exclusive items - You know why Pokemon was so popular? One of the reasons is it required TEAMWORK, Some Pokemon could only be obtained on certain Versions ( Ex. Red and Blue : Fire and leaf : Saphire and Emerald : ... ) so having some items on PVP and some on PVE would force the 2 playerbases to interact. Maybe some of the ingredients for the custom items could be used this way :3
No active admins anymore to run events, haven't seen a single one on in months. So one suggestion would be to have some more admins... but yet that isn't going to fix anything.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I kind of feel discussing this further is a lost cause. Just let whatever happens happen.

TicklesTheMighty

ICE ICE ICE!
I've been trying to avoid these threads due to their general nature, but I guess this one is as good as it gets.

In my opinion, the main issue with Aegis is that there is currently no incentive to go there for anything other than to PvP. While this may seem like a no-brainer to some rather than a problem, it brings up some serious issues in the long run.

Particularly during early play sessions, a huge portion of what a player does on PvP has nothing to do with fighting other players. Most players are trying to level up, gather resources, build up their residences/towns, and other normal Minecrafty tasks. These folks who are not directly PvPing at the time (even if they want to/are willing to) used to make up the majority of the population of a PvP map. These same people are almost completely absent from Aegis during most of these tasks.

Sanctuary simply allows for many of these tasks to be performed much more quickly and with little to no risk to the player's time and resources. Couple this with the fact that all experience and resources can be quickly and easily brought to PvP when desired, and there remains little question as to why PvP has 5x fewer active players at any given moment than PvE.

When a PvP player sees the current population, they don't see that many of those on the PvE map are actually just PvPers in hiding. They lament the death of PvP and come to the forums to rant or flee to another game. Forcing us PvPers to perform our more menial tasks on the PvP map would greatly help the perceived population of Aegis and possibly help keep dedicated PvPers like me from walking out.
The solution to this issue would be to draw more clearly the currently blurry lines between PvE and PvP. All experience and items acquired would only be applicable to the maps that they were acquired on. The Carebears can hold hands and frolic in the PvE fields and the Gankers can camp eachothers' graveyards until the hammer comes down. We PvPers are being coddled with this convenience and it is damaging the population of Aegis.

P.S. I've been noticing some suggestions to change the nature of Sanctuary or to give special treatment to Aegis to increase population. These suggestions would greatly upset the dedicated PvE userbase. There are those who won't PvP, they exist, and they're here to (hopefully) stay.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I've been trying to avoid these threads due to their general nature, but I guess this one is as good as it gets.

In my opinion, the main issue with Aegis is that there is currently no incentive to go there for anything other than to PvP. While this may seem like a no-brainer to some rather than a problem, it brings up some serious issues in the long run.

Particularly during early play sessions, a huge portion of what a player does on PvP has nothing to do with fighting other players. Most players are trying to level up, gather resources, build up their residences/towns, and other normal Minecrafty tasks. These folks who are not directly PvPing at the time (even if they want to/are willing to) used to make up the majority of the population of a PvP map. These same people are almost completely absent from Aegis during most of these tasks.

Sanctuary simply allows for many of these tasks to be performed much more quickly and with little to no risk to the player's time and resources. Couple this with the fact that all experience and resources can be quickly and easily brought to PvP when desired, and there remains little question as to why PvP has 5x fewer active players at any given moment than PvE.

When a PvP player sees the current population, they don't see that many of those on the PvE map are actually just PvPers in hiding. They lament the death of PvP and come to the forums to rant or flee to another game. Forcing us PvPers to perform our more menial tasks on the PvP map would greatly help the perceived population of Aegis and possibly help keep dedicated PvPers like me from walking out.
The solution to this issue would be to draw more clearly the currently blurry lines between PvE and PvP. All experience and items acquired are only applicable to the maps that they were acquired on. The Carebears can hold hands and frolic in the PvE fields and the Gankers can camp eachothers' graveyards until the hammer comes down. We PvPers are being coddled with this convenience and it is damaging the population of Aegis.

P.S. I've been noticing some suggestions about changing the nature of Sanctuary or to give special treatment to Aegis to increase population. These suggestions would greatly upset the dedicated PvE userbase. There are those who won't PvP, they exist, and they're here to (hopefully) stay.

I'm very glad to see that you have decided to vent your opinion! Really detailed and I do like a few points! This shall be put with the other suggestions in a different thread for in depth discussion. Thanks for posting :)

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
-snip- The solution to this issue would be to draw more clearly the currently blurry lines between PvE and PvP. All experience and items acquired are only applicable to the maps that they were acquired on. The Carebears can hold hands and frolic in the PvE fields and the Gankers can camp eachothers' graveyards until the hammer comes down. -snip-
^this

But no, really, I think this would really help in upping PVPs population. PVPers definitely needs more players to fight against, etcetera, while PVEers persay, do not. (a community is always nice, but the servers are bound by chat anyways.)

If you literally split the servers into two (except chat), I believe there'll be more players on the PVP server. Right now people can freely go between PVE and PVP with all their gear and never have to worry about losing their valuables, if items on each server were seperate, there'd probably be a much higher reward for PVPers.

I also believe the residences on PVP do not protect chests? I know it does on PVE, but if PVP doesn't protect the chests, that means if people manage to get into residences they could loot to their heart content, except the whole, y'know, LWC thing.

(also rangers could gank miners again, that sure was fun times... sigh...)

Ultanian

Portal
In general, I'm not a fan of how PvP works. The style is too fast paced for me, and I prefer slower, strategic games rather than spamming buttons all over the keyboard. Hence why I like games such as: Skyrim, where only two weapons/skills can be active at a time; Final Fantasy, where combat is turn or time-based, or even Pokemon where only 4 moves are available at a time. This spamming keys gameplay method is what kept me from playing WoW... The sheer amount of cooldowns one has manage is overwhelming.

With the current setup, combat is all too complicated to learn, and naturally since it requires a mod to play well most new players will deter from the server. I waited almost a year before considering getting the mod pack.

My suggestion? Completely change PvP altogether and only allow a set of 4 skills to be active at a time. However, this would require massive overhaul of skills otherwise and I doubt it'd ever be coded. Just my opinions, so please don't be harsh.

Thanks

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
-snip- My suggestion? Completely change PvP altogether and only allow a set of 4 skills to be active at a time. However, this would require massive overhaul of skills otherwise and I doubt it'd ever be coded. Just my opinions, so please don't be harsh.

Thanks

Whoa, something that might make me consider PVPing? I guess there is more than one good idea on this thread. I've recently realised I actually don't mind PVP as long as it's more... I dunno, in a game that was meant for it? MOBAs are usually a good example. If there were only four abilities (able to be mapped, at least) I'd be more.. comfortable. Otherwise it's really just a memory game of abilities and sequences.

This one also deserves a winner, I suppose.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Guess I'll chime in.

The way I see it is exactly as Tickles stated. There is no advantage to leveling and mining on Aeigis when you can go to Sanctuary and not risk being killed. Not to mention residences are extremely cheap and can cover more chests than I can have LWC's (I can have up to 15 as a Tier 6 donor, so 15 double chests can be covered for much less with a simple residence).

I don't remember who said, but the removal of residences on PvE itself would help. It would let less people live in 110% safe cubes with no PvP and no raiding.

In terms of an advantage on PvP: I was a fan of the reduced Xp on PvE last map. You had less Xp and Less drop rates if you were there. It was less profitable to spend time there, sure you could level in peace but it would a lot longer and you'd get less stuff along the way.

I would like to see the server as it was in Bastiojn (Player wise I mean here),but I doubt that will happen with a quick change, it will take time. Somethings I think would help:

Reduce profitability on PvE (Less Xp, Less Drop Rate, Less Soul Value?)
Remove ITEM transfer from PvE (You wanna level? Fine. But Items staying separate would help as people couldn't just store everything on PvE)
Remove/Ramp up Price of residences on PvE (They provide cheap, unraidable safety)
PvP incentives (I like the special PvP event idea, but that would require more work on upper staffs part)
No Meta Game (Meta game, for those that don't know, is something everyone does because it works the best. This can be avoided with more balance intervention, from the outside it seems the balance team is blocked from doing things they want and end up going inactive a lot, again, from the outside)

I might be able to give the best input, but I felt that I needed to give something.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
^this

But no, really, I think this would really help in upping PVPs population. PVPers definitely needs more players to fight against, etcetera, while PVEers persay, do not. (a community is always nice, but the servers are bound by chat anyways.)

If you literally split the servers into two (except chat), I believe there'll be more players on the PVP server. Right now people can freely go between PVE and PVP with all their gear and never have to worry about losing their valuables, if items on each server were seperate, there'd probably be a much higher reward for PVPers.

I also believe the residences on PVP do not protect chests? I know it does on PVE, but if PVP doesn't protect the chests, that means if people manage to get into residences they could loot to their heart content, except the whole, y'know, LWC thing.

(also rangers could gank miners again, that sure was fun times... sigh...)

Thankyou for your opinions on the matter! I'll include this in the thread I'll be making discussing the first set of suggestions! But again, very valid points! :D

Beau_Nearh

Portal
In general, I'm not a fan of how PvP works. The style is too fast paced for me, and I prefer slower, strategic games rather than spamming buttons all over the keyboard. Hence why I like games such as: Skyrim, where only two weapons/skills can be active at a time; Final Fantasy, where combat is turn or time-based, or even Pokemon where only 4 moves are available at a time. This spamming keys gameplay method is what kept me from playing WoW... The sheer amount of cooldowns one has manage is overwhelming.

With the current setup, combat is all too complicated to learn, and naturally since it requires a mod to play well most new players will deter from the server. I waited almost a year before considering getting the mod pack.

My suggestion? Completely change PvP altogether and only allow a set of 4 skills to be active at a time. However, this would require massive overhaul of skills otherwise and I doubt it'd ever be coded. Just my opinions, so please don't be harsh.

Thanks

I completely see where you're coming from with this as I do have problems with managing my skills ect. Again, thankyou for your opinions and I will definitely include this within the discussion thread for these suggestions

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Guess I'll chime in.

The way I see it is exactly as Tickles stated. There is no advantage to leveling and mining on Aeigis when you can go to Sanctuary and not risk being killed. Not to mention residences are extremely cheap and can cover more chests than I can have LWC's (I can have up to 15 as a Tier 6 donor, so 15 double chests can be covered for much less with a simple residence).

I don't remember who said, but the removal of residences on PvE itself would help. It would let less people live in 110% safe cubes with no PvP and no raiding.

In terms of an advantage on PvP: I was a fan of the reduced Xp on PvE last map. You had less Xp and Less drop rates if you were there. It was less profitable to spend time there, sure you could level in peace but it would a lot longer and you'd get less stuff along the way.

I would like to see the server as it was in Bastiojn (Player wise I mean here),but I doubt that will happen with a quick change, it will take time. Somethings I think would help:

Reduce profitability on PvE (Less Xp, Less Drop Rate, Less Soul Value?)
Remove ITEM transfer from PvE (You wanna level? Fine. But Items staying separate would help as people couldn't just store everything on PvE)
Remove/Ramp up Price of residences on PvE (They provide cheap, unraidable safety)
PvP incentives (I like the special PvP event idea, but that would require more work on upper staffs part)
No Meta Game (Meta game, for those that don't know, is something everyone does because it works the best. This can be avoided with more balance intervention, from the outside it seems the balance team is blocked from doing things they want and end up going inactive a lot, again, from the outside)

I might be able to give the best input, but I felt that I needed to give something.

I'm very glad that you actually decided to post, the more perspectives involved in this. The better the outcome will be! Very valid points and this shall be put within the discussion thread! Thanks for posting :)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
To be Honest Im Not reading this because I honestly and probably just done, When Someone downright says "I don't care what you think" it makes me not want to make suggestions anymore or even add to them because I feel like he said something, so yeah they wont care.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

The solution to this issue would be to draw more clearly the currently blurry lines between PvE and PvP. All experience and items acquired are only applicable to the maps that they were acquired on. The Carebears can hold hands and frolic in the PvE fields and the Gankers can camp eachothers' graveyards until the hammer comes down. We PvPers are being coddled with this convenience and it is damaging the population of Aegis.

P.S. I've been noticing some suggestions about changing the nature of Sanctuary or to give special treatment to Aegis to increase population. These suggestions would greatly upset the dedicated PvE userbase. There are those who won't PvP, they exist, and they're here to (hopefully) stay.
that's how it was, pve people complained and Kainzo changed it simple as that

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I'd Also some other reasons why I quit...
1. Berserker
2. Paladin
3. I feel kiting classes should be squishier

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

Thanks
no. it isn't complicated, look at a class like necro you drainsoul you decay plague and bonespear that's it, other classes are a little more complicated but pretty much only healers where you are binding to other players. By far this is probably the worst thing I have seen to increase pvp