• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion -update the map

_Fish_

Legacy Supporter 3
I would like to propose that the map resource on the website be updated at regular intervals. It would better show the progress of the community and show off those fancy new towns that are springing up. :) Penny for your thoughts?

Northac

Obsidian
It gets updated about once a month or so, giving folks more of a chance to actully build somthing, and the fact that our staff spend their time working on other stuff for the server (which i have absolutly no issue with) may be a factor why it doesnt happen more often

comfyfutons

Glowing Redstone
Time isn't an issue with rendering the map it's just turning it on

I don't see the benefit of having the map 3 weeks behind it's cool to see what's been built

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Time isn't an issue with rendering the map it's just turning it on

I don't see the benefit of having the map 3 weeks behind it's cool to see what's been built

I remember back on Bastion for a good period of time we had the whole map updating every 10 seconds. So I could actually watch myself building online while I was building!
Fun times!

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah that was cool. Kainzo usually does it once a week. He may have forgotten.
Is it too resource intensive to have it auto update?