• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Untrustworthy Players

Is it a good idea to keep track of untrustworthy players?

• Total voters

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
Dear lovely HC Community,

We've all been scammed before. It sucks. Whether it's legal or not, scammers and cheaters ruin communities.

I thought I would start a thread to catalog players with questionable morals, as a reference for those of you potentially wishing to do business with these individuals. Here are some past threads with similar goals: 1, 2, 3, 4.

If you would like to submit a name to be added to the list, please provide sufficient proof to back up your claim. I will define "scam" as "any attempt to unfairly gain resources, services, time, or money from (an)other player(s) through deceptive means". Here is a scenario I would consider a "scam" under this definition:
  • Advertising a trade in /t, yet not delivering the goods, services, or money because your partner did not "confirm" it.
    • This may be technically legal, but it is deceptive and in poor taste, and should rightfully yield your name on this list. Just because an action is legal, does not mean there should be no consequences for it.
I want to hold Herocraft to a higher standard. We, as a community, should be excellent to each other. To be anything less is the choice of the individual, however, we should not let their actions go unnoticed.

To get your name removed from this list, make every attempt to reconcile with the person who you defrauded. Upon their judgement, your name may be removed from the publicly viewable list, however, it will remain on my private list. Should you be reported legitimately a second time, you will not have this opportunity, and your name will be highlighted as a repeat offender.

I was inspired to create this thread after another player attempted to scam me. I will not list them here because they eventually yielded and completed the trade, but many others are not so lucky.

Finally, keep in mind that this is an unofficial, unsanctioned list. It is not backed by the staff of Herocraft in any way, but rather is a way for the good players of the server to keep track of the evildoers. If a player has actually broken any rule, don't report them here; use the proper channels. However, if your official reports are unsuccessful, consider this an alternative.

Without further adieu, here is the current list:

Potentially Untrustworthy Players
  1. None yet. Yay, HC is awesome!

Submission Format

Players' Name:
Summary of Actions:

How can this be reconciled?:
Proof: