• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Two Questions Unrelated to Each Other Other than the Fact That they're about the server... *phew*

Demotheus

Wood
My first question, while I'm riding the underground railroad (references ahoy!~), is as follows.

Are there, have there been, and will there be any form of "quest" system in this server?

That's the straightforward yes or no one.

And here's a slightly more complicated one...but shouldn't be too hard. Maybe I'm just stupid.

I was told that this could be illegal.

http://gyazo.com/b420f94c2db1acf3f30c1e647575a1d2

That's a link to a screenshot of what someone says could fall under the classification of "mob grinder"...even if I have been killed on this roof before xD

Anyway, hopefully a staff member could answer that. Thanks!

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
Currently No quest system maybe soon.

Dark rooms and Mobgrinders are illegal .

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Anything made to trap mobs or anything used to create a dark area for mobs to spawn is not allowed.

Demotheus

Wood
That's the thing, though. i don't know if that's a mob grinder, technically. Since you have to risk your neck just to get all the mobs into that area, and then try to get up on the roof without getting shot down, blown up, or eaten alive. It's out in the open, just the roof of a building that you stand on after you've played the painful round-em-up game.

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
That's the thing, though. i don't know if that's a mob grinder, technically. Since you have to risk your neck just to get all the mobs into that area, and then try to get up on the roof without getting shot down, blown up, or eaten alive. It's out in the open, just the roof of a building that you stand on after you've played the painful round-em-up game.
if you are sniping off of a roof yoou should be fine.

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
if you are sniping off of a roof yoou should be fine.
Wrong, attacking mobs from a point in which they cannot attack you is illegal it can result in the structure being removed or even a ban.
Well, that's what it is then.
No it is not legal but you may be able to get away with it but as I said it can result in punishment depending on who handles it.
Thanks for the answers! :D

Demotheus

Wood
Wrong, attacking mobs from a point in which they cannot attack you is illegal it can result in the structure being removed or even a ban.
b-but the guide saiiid...

and it doesn't say that in the rules specifically, so it's up in the air. Perhaps if a mod or an admin can comment on this it would be solidified...and perhaps edit the rules/wiki to reflect as much.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
If mobs can't reach you you can't attack them, let's ask @Barnubus for confirmation.

(what777 es best guide doe)

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Askmax and what777 are correct. It's illegal if a mob cannot reach you: ie has no way to get onto the platform.
If you create stairs to bottleneck them, force them into a small area where you can knock them off the steps/platform, that is legal, but if you have to pillar up, or jump across a gap to get onto the platform, it's illegal. Zombies must be able to reach you.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
In short the rough definition of mob grinders is that if the mob can walk upto you and hit you without any outside intervention then it's legal

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
b-but the guide saiiid...

and it doesn't say that in the rules specifically, so it's up in the air. Perhaps if a mod or an admin can comment on this it would be solidified...and perhaps edit the rules/wiki to reflect as much.
And what everyone is not telling you is that this will only get you in trouble if you are grinding or farming with ease. Killing a mob here or there without it having a way to get to you won't spark the flames of war, just don't make it a habit to cheese the system. Plus most ranged classes kill at such a range that mobs can't even touch them because of aggro range. As a beguiler, when I went out to level, I never died to mobs. That and natural terrain will do the cheesing for you most times :p