• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Turbo4000's Coding Team App

Turbo4000

Legacy Supporter 3
1. Minecraft IGN: Turbo4000
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age: 19
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): EST/EDT (they're the same thing, really)
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since January 2012.
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: At least two years now since I have my [Elite] title.

7. What is your level of Java experience?: I am going into my second year of a university CS program that uses Java for their intro-CS classes. As a result, I am at the very least familiar with the syntax. Here's what the course description says was covered by the course: "objects and classes, programming style, object interaction, mutability and immutability, collections of objects, iterators, debugging and testing, information hiding and modularity, cohesion and coupling, code refactoring, programming by contract, inheritance and polymorphism, exceptions and handlers, and object-oriented design." I can affirm my own ability to do this stuff with examples of classwork, if you'd like.

8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:
I have a very basic understanding of how Bukkit works. I have been able to implement 'practice' plugins (simple stuff like heal, warp, masswarp etc) successfully before and I have Eclipse set up to work with Bukkit. I have not worked on any significant plugins before, however.

9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: In preparation for my next semester, I have also had to become somewhat proficient in ANSI C. It's probably not too relevant to a Java coding position, however. Like I stated before, I can post some examples of code we had to do for class if you'd like to see it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1. Minecraft IGN: Turbo4000
2. Position applying for: Coding Team
3. Age:
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): EST/EDT (they're the same thing, really)
5. How long have you been playing Minecraft?: Since January 2012.
6. How long have you been on Herocraft?: At least two years now since I have my [Elite] title.

7. What is your level of Java experience?: I am going into my second year of a university CS program that uses Java for their intro-CS classes. As a result, I am at the very least familiar with the syntax. Here's what the course description says was covered by the course: "objects and classes, programming style, object interaction, mutability and immutability, collections of objects, iterators, debugging and testing, information hiding and modularity, cohesion and coupling, code refactoring, programming by contract, inheritance and polymorphism, exceptions and handlers, and object-oriented design." I can affirm my own ability to do this stuff with examples of classwork, if you'd like.

8. Please list any previous plugin creations you may have developed.:
I have a very basic understanding of how Bukkit works. I have been able to implement 'practice' plugins (simple stuff like heal, warp, masswarp etc) successfully before and I have Eclipse set up to work with Bukkit. I have not worked on any significant plugins before, however.

9. Additional info you would like to tell us?: In preparation for my next semester, I have also had to become somewhat proficient in ANSI C. It's probably not too relevant to a Java coding position, however. Like I stated before, I can post some examples of code we had to do for class if you'd like to see it.
Greetings,
First off, while you're ahead, I'd get rid of Eclipse and learn intellij, secondly you can view our Heroes API @ hc.to/javadocs - I'd like to see you attempt your hand at skill creation.

Make sure to join #heroes on esper.net (hc.to/irc)

Turbo4000

Legacy Supporter 3
Downloading intellij as I write this... hc.to/irc points to #Herocraft and not #heroes is this correct?