• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Tribes: Ascend

InAcan

Coal
Hey, has anyone else tried this game out yet? I landed myself a spot in the closed beta, and I've gotta admit, this game isn't half-bad. Here's my take on it so far:

It's beautiful, fun as hell, and brutal.

The fast-paced nature of the game however, is something to behold. Most matches play out like high-speed no-scope snipe-matches on ice skates... with jet engines strapped to your ass. Sounds like fun, right? Well, I'd be lying if I said it isn't. But it's also hard as hell. The game has a steep learning curve, we're talking Mt. Everest steep here; you're not going to reach the summit in just a day or two. I, for example, after playing for the last few days, am still trying to set up camp on the base of the mountain.

Well anyways, what's everyone else's thoughts/opinions of the game so far?

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3
Wait a minute.

This is coming out within a few months...AND NOBODY BOTHERED TO TELL ME?

I used to play Starsiege: Tribes when I was but a few winters old, and still to this day play it!

I'm pre-ordering as we speak.

InAcan

Coal
Haha Nale, add me as a friend in-game. I'm surprised you haven't heard about it. Although, now that I think about it, I suppose it isn't THAT surprising. I completely forgot about the game until I found the beta key in my inbox, and I believe I registered for the beta sometime during the spring. Which would mean I've gone a period of around 6 months without any news, word, or even brain activity (my own, of course) on the game. Interesting.

And on a completely unrelated note, I've noticed a pattern with my posts. They start off pretty dense, with normal content and grammar... but usually somewhere after the first 5 lines or so, they gradually become more exorbitant, and just generally become overladen with useless words and other horseshit. But do you think this is bad?

Thejoker1177

Legacy Supporter 3
I have tried to get into the closed-beta but have not gotten emailed back. I am so sad... :(

InAcan

Coal
lol sorry for my non-descriptive post. xD
Tribes: Ascend is a futuristic class-based first-person shooter that's currently in closed beta. It's pretty fancy, and most of the action relies upon high-speed, high-octane running and gunning across the battlefield. It's fun as hell, and definitely worth checking out.

Now for more on the classes:
Currently, there are 12 diversified classes in game, each with 4 distinct weapons. Upon first starting the game however, you can only use 2 of them. The other 10 can be unlocked using in-game credits or shelling out real dough for them. I'd say it's worth it, though. :D

InAcan

Coal
I don't know, Dielan. I suppose maybe it's not your style, but I would still have to recommend it. It's completely unlike anything I've ever played before.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Well when I think of fast paced shooters I think of Halo, CoD, and TF2(which includes a class system, and is my favorite of the three, even though I was best at Halo) and I've grown a taste for origonality and diversity over the whole same game new look+package trend. Is this game anything like those three?

I'm in the closes beta. I have uhh, one spare key. From what I've heard when you give somebody a spare key, that person gets two spare keys, and so on. So, anyone want one? I'll mention who I gave it to so that you can PM rape his ass for his spare ones.

EDIT: Give your spare ones to HC members :)