• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Trials of Ascention

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Who else is hyped?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-ascension-a-truly-innovative-mmorpg?ref=live

The video on the kickstarter page starts out kinda slow becuase the prototype graphics are very unpolished, but 1:50 into the video the lead dev starts talking about how awesome it is, and why no publisher would take their concept and this wasn't possible until crowdfunding started working for games.

Things like:

• Permadeath (die 100 times and you die forever)
  • No minimap
  • No fast travel
  • No global chats
  • No player inspecting
  • No player names above heads (you ask for their name and name them yourself)
  • Becoming a wizard is actually hard, but the magic in this game is Gandalf-levels of broken
  • Above point isn't OP because permadeath and no player inspect so you NEVER know what you're up against
  • No protection from PVP anywhere except initial spawn area, and it's only safe because OP npc guards to protect you
  • No static content. All dungeons, events, and quests are either generated dynamically or by the GM team

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Actually, after watching the trailer, I am RIDICULOUSLY hyped, this really looks like a game that I would make if I did.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Looks good. Too bad its doomed. People, most of whom are too lazy to clean or repair their own home, are not going to complete those menial tasks in a game.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Looks good. Too bad its doomed. People, most of whom are too lazy to clean or repair their own home, are not going to complete those menial tasks in a game.
Too bad I don't have my own dev team :( I have so many ideas to make a hardcore game and make it all meaningful, but I also have ideas to make it fun D: Trials is most definitely the closest game to my dream game yet though haha.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems interesting in concept but I have a bad feeling it will be ridden with griefers. I also hate the subscription model, because it feels like I need to play 24/7 or I'm not getting my moneys worth.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Seems interesting in concept but I have a bad feeling it will be ridden with griefers. I also hate the subscription model, because it feels like I need to play 24/7 or I'm not getting my moneys worth.
Ah, from what I was told, this is "Subscription Play Time" Model, so instead of WoW money vacuum, its actual time played. So if you play 12 hours a week, you only go down 12 hours a week. Now, I don't know if that is 100% true, but it is what I heard.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Ah, from what I was told, this is "Subscription Play Time" Model, so instead of WoW money vacuum, its actual time played. So if you play 12 hours a week, you only go down 12 hours a week. Now, I don't know if that is 100% true, but it is what I heard.
I can get behind that! I'd like confirmation, but if that's true I might back it.

Last edited:

arcanegrove

Obsidian
So, after just reading how characters will be created, I found that new races can mostly only be unlocked. All the things in this game are pretty amazing.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Looks cool! I hope they reach their Kickstarter goal!
They need 680 000 USD within 22 days which means they've only reached 1/10 of their goal, so I doubt it :/

Too bad really, I'd totally buy this game if it was published.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Eh, Camelot unchained had a 2mil kick starter goal. With 33hrs left, they had 200k to go. And they went over the goal to.