• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Trasmute Ore Is Now Useless

Should Transmute ore be fixed?

• Both the CD and iron ore transmute should be buffed.

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Only the CD should be buffed, not the iron ore transmute.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Only the iron ore transmute should be buffed, not the CD.

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Nothing should be buffed, alchemist is perfectly fine as is.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
Transmute ore.... where do I start. It is the main thing that alchemists are known for in role play situations. Iron ore is worth ~.4c each. Gold is worth about 8.5c. It would take 21 iron ore to make 1 piece of gold. Right now, it takes 32 iron ore to make a single gold piece. This skill makes what you are transmuting LESS valuable. Therefore this skill is not only useless, but it is worse than useless. It makes you LOSE money. I say we put it back to 15 or even 20. Coal is "ok" and Lapis is decent only because its useless. But you unlock iron ore transmuting at level 40, and it makes you LOSE money if you use it. Think about it.

Also, a bit less of a problem, but one none the less, is why transmute ore has a 120 second cd. This seems to me ridiculous. It has no need for a cd longer than 20seconds. Maybe a warmup and no cd. But two minutes is more of a nuisance than making it balanced. That is like making Repair have a two minute cd. It is kind of time waster. It takes HOURS to transmute if you have enough.

Just putting my ideas out there, as Alchemist already got a nerf, and another nerf with the potions, alchemist are becoming worse than miner, and that is saying something. Potions are an expensive things to make, so our only utility skill is Transmuteore, and these are my problems with it.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: Some alchemists who might have something to say @iTzDeXy @Stealth_Ninja_ @Aburido_burrito @archmage_Lloyd @teddytazer

@Brutalacerate For giving me the encouragement for making it. I DID!

teddytazer

Soulsand
Why not just ban he people responsible for exploiting. u know the ones who have logged on and off 100 times in 1hr and just happened to use transmute ore the same amount.
well that and maybe fix the transmute ore rate.

Disketa777

Glowstone
Get over yourself parker. Alchemests have a long way to go before being as useless as Miners. :p

But seriously, this nerf does seem like a punishment on everyone for the actions of a few. I teamed up with an alchemist I'm buddies with who would transmute all my iron to gold for me. But with the transmute nerf, why bother anymore? 5 stacks of iron will now turn into 10 whole gold. Whoopty doo.

As a non-alchemist, I want the old Transmute Ore back!

-Disketa777

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
The trouble, I imagine, is that stable economies and people who turn shit into gold dont tend to mix well.

What we should look for in this skill is a way for coders to determine/control how much alchs can make per day turning mats into gold.

Is it possible to make the cooldown based on the date? once per day(irl), all ore can be transmuted?

what if there was an added cost in the form of difficult-to-find mats, so that money could be made, but based more on the chance that you find that patch of clay or whatever (the mat would have to be not able to be made by alchs too). a nether mat that is non-tradeable/non-chest shop sellable?

what if (and this is my personal favorite just to spark ideas) the alchemist could only tap into their Earthly powers outside (no region. no roof?) and it made a lot of noise (bolt visual/audio effects)?

Disketa777

Glowstone
This is true when it comes to stable economies. But our economy has one flaw: Our money is not circulated.

By this I mean things like taxes, specializing, and LWC's. We pay for all of these things, but where does that money go? To Kainzo? Kainzo is a god and has no need for money. Thus, that money is not circulated back into the world. Our resources are depleting, and transmute ore was one way to extend the life of our economy.

Starkillah

Legacy Supporter 2
Just the sheer fact that you don't profit from this skill is such non-sense.

It leaves you with the choice.
Sell this Iron Ore and make more money - or - Take this Iron Ore and waste my time transmuting and waiting 2 more minutes to only make a deficit.

Things that make me go Hm.....

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
The trouble, I imagine, is that stable economies and people who turn shit into gold dont mix well.[/COLOR]

what if (and this is my personal favorite just to spark ideas) the alchemist could only tap into their Earthly powers outside (no region. no roof?) and it made a lot of noise)?

Considering the first part of the quote, it is balanced because the amount of iron ore transmuted into the same worth of gold, it just makes the iron "easier" to sell in essence.

Considering the second part, that would be really cool, though I don't think it would have the effect you would want :/

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
If you ask me, Parker does have a really good point. Right now i'm a level 40 alchemist, I went mining for hours and hours to get to that level only to find out instead of 15 iron ore, it's now 32 to make ONE gold ingot. As he said you lose a lot of profit which makes turning Iron Ore into Gold almost useless. It doesn't have to give you lots of profit, just some. In my opinion it was fine as it was before all of this, it gave a way for Alchemists to make good money :). Though the cooldown should remain the same as it is.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Look closer at what I said, I clearly stated that you LOSE profit due to the update of how it takes 32 iron ore to make 1 gold ingot.

Edit: Lol at Starkillah

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
It's slightly obvious from the pole results that something needs to happen about Alchemist...

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah, right now its worthless to transmute iron ore. I don't really see why it was changed. People were re logging to skip the cool down so I don't see how changing the amount of ore needed to transmute fixes the problem. The problem is still there and it exists for a lot of other skills besides this one. Either the cool down should have been lowered or some sort of measure put in place to prevent the cool down from resetting.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is true when it comes to stable economies. But our economy has one flaw: Our money is not circulated.

By this I mean things like taxes, specializing, and LWC's. We pay for all of these things, but where does that money go? To Kainzo? Kainzo is a god and has no need for money. Thus, that money is not circulated back into the world. Our resources are depleting, and transmute ore was one way to extend the life of our economy.
Money is circulated back into the economy - Tournaments, Added Pots to the Lottery, Server Projects, Paying Architects, etc.
Yeah, right now its worthless to transmute iron ore. I don't really see why it was changed. People were re logging to skip the cool down so I don't see how changing the amount of ore needed to transmute fixes the problem. The problem is still there and it exists for a lot of other skills besides this one. Either the cool down should have been lowered or some sort of measure put in place to prevent the cool down from resetting.
It took us close to 3 months to pin point and fix the cooldown issue. The abusing parties were fined most to all of their gold for exploiting it. For an undetermined amount of time, I have increased the transmute ore cost for iron ore -> gold.
It's slightly obvious from the pole results that something needs to happen about Alchemist...
We don't operate based on poll results, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.