• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Transportation Team of Heroes - Team Selected!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Seeing that we're never going to ever set a railroad system up without massive help from the server - I'm requesting a team be created for the transportation on Herocraft - Aptly named Transpotration Team of Heroes (TTH).

This team would:
  • Decide on the areas for transportation
  • Ensure fairness and balance in transportation
  • Hire workers & pay workers
  • Ensure all structures are sound and usable
  • Take direction from administration on special projects

We're looking for:
  • Council - Helps with the planning and manages the tasks
  • Treasury - Ensures the work is being justly paid for
  • Workers - Everyone can fit this category.

Workers:
Daimaru
Carmeops
Bearcat99
Holyrane
Howdanrocks
Porkenfry
(Any other hired hands)

Council:
McGreed
Encoded2
Alexdaparrot
S3nse

Treasury:
DHX bankers
Bearcat99

First order of business is to draw up plans - we would prefer a subway system at the present time.

daimaru

Legacy Supporter 5
RE: Transportation Team of Heroes (apply here!)

Minecraft IGN: Daimaru
Position applying for: worker
Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): PST
Hours/Week you play (on average): 15-20/week
Friends in Herocraft:
acexwild and annagejones
Do you have any completed projects for transportation (links if possible) :
I build west road from sanctum to westhub.
Do you have any experience with building transportation systems?:
Little to none experience with minecarts.
Why do you think you will make a good TTH member? Explain.:
It's a large project that would like to be part of, and looks like it will be a lot of fun too.
Additional info you would like to tell us?:
Im a fast and dedicated worker.

McGreed

TNT

Personally I think it would be an good idea to get the stations created and then lay down the tracks. Will the track team also deal with that, and what about the idea of putting it underground/subway?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Yes - the track team will be putting in stations - it got put on hold due to the crappy new of bmod. Also - I want subways atm - it'd be way cooler.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5

1. Minecraft IGN: Carmeops

2. Position applying for: Worker

3. Age: 24

4. Timezone: GMT+1

5. Hours/Week you play : about everyday, at evening/night, more at week-end, Thursday and Tuesday (damn, those days are hard to remember, silly English)

6. Friends in Herocraft: no IRL friend, but I'm really friendly with everyone, even when i steal them behind their back

7. Do you have any completed projects for transportation (links if possible) :
i did a large water way around the whole server of Nibbits, linking every big places with a system of water elevator for boats as stations, the boat road was up to the clouds so you can see everything around

nibbits is definitively closed, forum too, so i can't give link to the thread of this transportation system, sadly

8. Do you have any experience with building transportation systems?:
i did sometime some water way (when smp carts where unusable) and all my actual bases are linked with a rails, bedrock based, i also used a tiny booster in single player, discovered by myself, but lot less efficient than others boosters

9. Why do you think you will make a good TTH member? Explain.: I'm patient, i like transportations systems, i like to be useful, I'm crazy, I'm kind of a scientist who understand fast, and i don't think you will regret hiring me

10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: i invite you to visit my personal rails at bedrock, as soon as the gold craftbook booster will be working again

here is the map of my actual rail system fully builded, exept gold boosters:

and, English isn't my first language, i thinks I'm not that bad with typed English, but don't expect me on Teamspeak, my speaked English is totally lame

Encoded2

Stone

1. Minecraft IGN: Encoded2
2. Position applying for: Council
3. Age: 14
4. Timezone : EST
5. Hours/Week you play (on average): 1-3 Hours on weekdays, 1-6 on weekends
6. Friends in Herocraft: No real friends but id say that im friends with everyone in my town.
7. Do you have any completed projects for transportation (links if possible) : I have not build any large transportation projects yet just rails to and from my mines.

8. Do you have any experience with building transportation systems?: I always use mine tracks to get up and down my mines faster and Ive used carts with chests to store all my extra items while im mining in single player. Id like to gain more experience by joining this team and planing the rail systems.

9. Why do you think you will make a good TTH member? Explain.:
I would plan the rail system to connect all the towns of blasphemy for faster transportation. Then connect them to Sanctum and the other citys. The thing ive always hated was having to walk for ten minutes to get to youre destination, these tracks will lower travel time.
10. Additional info you would like to tell us?:
If I get into the team I would like to plan the transportation system to and from the kingdom of blasphemy, many of our tunnels are already built they just need rails.

Blasphemy rail system idea
minecartrailsystem.th.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/i/minecartrailsystem.jpg/

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5

1. Minecraft IGN: AlexDaParrot

2. Position applying for: Council (Though I also enjoy physically doing things as much as possible)

3. Age: 17

4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): CST

5. Hours/Week you play (on average): Around 40

6. Friends in Herocraft: Kingdom of ORE/I am on friendly terms with most of the server.

7. Do you have any completed projects for transportation (links if possible) : I did all the wiring in the 2nd place railroad station, and some of the interior design. I also constructed the Nova to Artemis railroad which was torn down recently.

8. Do you have any experience with building transportation systems?: (Above noted) I have also built numerous roads. I can do all the craftbook redstone functions that are relevant to railroads. I was also promoted (About a month ago in the early days of Artemis) the leader of transportation within TOP.

9. Why do you think you will make a good TTH member? Explain.: I can lead people as well as explain things well. I am also able to put my idea down and go with it, but also take advice. I actively work to make things better, as the people of ORE will attest when they are doing a public building project.

10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I have been thinking about the project, and I see the most efficient way to do it as just putting stations every 1,000 Blocks in the cardinal directions and thereafter creating lines that go to nearby towns from that. These stations could be form made, and then by request local residences could request that they be made in a different way. The railroads would have power over any kingdom or city when considering building priorities. Also, if possible, could admins place infinite railroad carts as each station, that would easily reduce the amount of wiring and cart station space (To do returns) needed by huge amounts. It would also look very clean. That's about all I have for now, thanks for reading one way or the other.

Rane

Stone

Minecraft IGN: HolyRane
2. Position applying for: Workers
3. Age: 14
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): Central (Dallas!)
5. Hours/Week you play (on average): a week... 30-50 varies.
6. Friends in Herocraft: Alexdaparrot, Sheddi, EngelBritzon, Blaker280, GreyP, Babb1e, BJ, ImpulsePaci, Neo_Exdeath
7. Do you have any completed projects for transportation (links if possible) : Well on the Godcraft server the community and I dug out a HUGE subway system 16000 blocks 7x3 north to south and east to west, I could post screenies if wanted
8. Do you have any experience with building transportation systems?: I used Minecart mania when that was still being used on another server, I do not use craftbook yet but I am a very quick learner
9. Why do you think you will make a good TTH member? Explain.: I mesh well with others and work hard on big projects and would be dedicated as much as i could!
10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: <--- Pro At Subway Digging.

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4

1. Minecraft IGN: s3nse
3. Age: 17
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): PST
5. Hours/Week you play (on average): 20-30
6. Friends in Herocraft: Xanipher, bearcat99, imperialbob, IkaosI, Shenorai, Emphatik,
7. Do you have any completed projects for transportation (links if possible) : I designed the entire station for my entry for the station contest (third place). My entry was a subway-style station that Kainzo liked for its aesthetics (and Kainzo also said above that he wants subways).
8. Do you have any experience with building transportation systems?: This question seems redundant. In addition to what's listed above, I'm also very familiar with the craftbook mincart features (although that isn't in yet). I have created roads for my city of Newerth although that isn't strongly related to minecarts.
9. Why do you think you will make a good TTH member? Explain: Because I'm a fucking boss. Oh and I have experience from managing and coordinating big architectural projects for Newerth.
10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I prefer the planning of the stations over the managing the workers, although I am fine with doing both.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Awesome apps! I'll be taking these in and appointing the positions soon!

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4

Dangit, wish I had seen this earlier, hope it's not too late!

1. Minecraft IGN: howdanrocks
3. Age:17
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States):EST
5. Hours/Week you play (on average):Umm, maybe 50? (No life, I know)
6. Friends in Herocraft: RL friend: Toadsworth29 I dont know who I would consider my friend though.
7. Do you have any completed projects for transportation (links if possible) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig4XY9ESAe0
8. Do you have any experience with building transportation systems?: A lot. I also have made a boat dispenser and canal system
9. Why do you think you will make a good TTH member? Explain.: I am a good supervisor and I can build if needed.
10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am very active. I love to help people. I enjoy the electrical and mechanical aspects of minecraft a lot.

I'd love to get involved if I had the time. This sounds like it will be an awesome project.

On a related note, have you guys considered:

[align=center][size=x-large]BOATS vs. MINECARTS[/size][/align]

Minecarts are kick ass and we all wanna ride around in one like Indiana Jones, but the tracks and carts themselves end up costing a whole lot of ore.

Boats, although some people cringe at the word, (and I don't blame you, we all know how easily they fall apart and how hard they are to steer) should still be considered when talking about transport.

A just read up on a new system called EATS which looks complicated at first but seems to do some really cool stuff with boats. Hers a youtube vid that demonstrates the system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x77lX-28iv4&feature=related

It may not be perfect but I can think of at least some bonuses to using it. Then again I'm not very experienced at transportation so I'll just leave htis here for the council to decide if it's useful or not :icon_mrgreen:

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5

this sort of water road is truly amazing, it could be the best way to set a touristic transportation for short/middle distances travel

but for long distance transportation, and even if it's expensive, gold boosted railroad are the fastest transportation (exclude teleport)

(and, beside, the waterway take a lot more space to dig for an underground transportation)

but, well, i didn't applied for council, so, it's up to them :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Workers:
Daimaru
Carmeops
Holyrane
Howdanrocks
Porkenfry
(Any other hired hands)

Council:
McGreed
Encoded2
Alexdaparrot
S3nse

Treasury:
DHX bankers

First order of business is to draw up plans - we would prefer a subway system at the present time.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2

1. Minecraft IGN: bearcat99
2. Position applying for: treasury/worker
3. Age: 18
4. Timezone (please use GMT if you live outside of the United States): PST, GMT -8
5. Hours/Week you play (on average): 15-20 hours a week? All I know is that I am on many hours per a day.
6. Friends in Herocraft: S3nse, Emphatik, Xanipher, Shenorai, IKaosI, Gtastuntdude, Symbolite, ImperialBob, Mikespillow, and many more.
7. Do you have any completed projects for transportation (links if possible) : I helped build the Newerth subway. There are 2 lines; however, the line to Underdeep is under construction due to the town's sudden change of structure.
8. Do you have any experience with building transportation systems?: I am excellent with craftbook. I know how to make stations, dispensers, boosters, blocks that kick you out of the minecart, and so on. Also, I am talented at combining tracks and branching them out. The Newerth station has a switch that switched the direction of a track to take you to 2 different locations.
9. Why do you think you will make a good TTH member? Explain.: I have experience with the subway system. Overall, it is best compared to just a normal railroad. Open railroads require a lot of protection to prevent users from entering the track and messing up the travel. Also, animals are an absolute hazard and nuisance to open railroads. With my knowledge about transportation, I can contribute to a greater, faster, cheaper, and safer travel. As an architect, my love is to build and make great structures.
10. Additional info you would like to tell us?: I am also applying to the treasury due to my skill in organization. I am not lazy to write up an excel or word document to keep track of everything. I am trustworthy with money, for I am one the Newerth bankers and can proudly say that I have never stolen gold or take advantage of my position. As much as I like planning, I don't mind getting my hands dirty and getting the work done.

Also, sorry for the late application. I was going to post this earlier, but I didn't finish it and my friends came over.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo, is it possible to place infinite mine carts in a craftbook chest, or would that be something we don't want to do? It would make the constant distribution of mine carts much easier

Also, I would like to get together with the other council members sometime via PMs, IRC, TS, or ingame this week. I made an initial drawing of what I would like to see. The idea is based off of ease of integration of other tracks and ease of building in general.

20ieybq.png

I forgot to include that the mining would displace over 432,000 blocks of earth.

Edit: I would also like to request that for a short period of time, DHX bankers buy iron for the project. We will be needing a lot of it no matter how we go about it.

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
http://rapidshare.com/files/449221941/World1.rar

Save file of my idea for the general design of the subway station. This was hastily constructed. The design is only a small portion of the actual subway. Imagine my design stretched out over thousands of blocks, as a long ass tunnel. Comments and thoughts?

Some notes:

I was going for a sort of a semicircle shape, but didn't capture it that well.

After making this design, I realized there would be too much obsidian and iron required if we continued the middle section of this design over the entire railway. The obsidian planters and iron lanterns can be used only at stations, and not over the entire railway. Same for the pumpkin lanterns. Or, different and cheaper blocks could be used to replace them.

The stairs in and out of each station are not what I envision them to actually look like, they were made simply to grasp the concept. The stairs lead to and from ground level.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
i thrust our council, but i have some question about the green pict from AlexDaParrot :

why 6high/8wide for the tunnels? it seem totally over estimated, a 3x3 tunnel is totally enough for two tracks gold-powered:
carm2c.png

it's a pict of my own tunnel, when boosted by gold, it's very fast over long distance, so i don't see the need to make it larger than necessary

why making a fixed distance between stations? wouldn't stations will be made for choosing the path to a town? so the stations location depend of the towns locations

and, since the nether will be open soon, we'll be able to make little derivations for small building, smaller than town, using an item in the hand to automatically change the way

the first mission for the transportation team should be to link as fast as possible each town, so we don't need to go until border if no town around, but, as the team will continue the work after linking the towns, reaching the border can be done later

however, the towns stations would be made by towns themselves, cause some of them want to control the outsiders, or don't want them to enter the town at all

last point, it's maybe better to not dig the tunnel in diamond area, so we let this area for real miners, but if we dig in the gold area, we can find some gold for boosters and buying less gold in that purpose