• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Trade] No Unlimited Resource World!

Aetosion

Obsidian
Typing fast, as my laptop has 6% battery. Let's note http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/herostreet-stock-market-guide.1087/ , now, let's note that the staff has expressed interest in creating a world in which resources are renewed. This will cause the economy to take a nose dive, with the over-inflation of the markets with non-renewable resources that are suddenly renewable. Gold will (even with fixed prices), be worth then the equivalent of 3c now. All materials will drop in value, the coin value will drop exponentially, and trade will go to shit.

That is all. 4% battery left. I'll add more to this tomorrow, perhaps.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think it can work if implimented later on. Right now there is still plenty of resources to be found. However in two months from now there won't be.

Warshard did wonders to the struggling miners of Sanctum, and it would give PVP (to monopolize the new resource world) a new fresh place to start!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've stated no interested of having a renewable world - there's a massive amount of materials to go about in this world.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Some guy on TS asked for an ETA on Warshard, I told him crack is whack. I got scared, that's why I posted this.

That's a big relief though.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Warshard isn't a renewable resource world. On sanctum it was mainly a world for PvP'ers and people who wanted to gain resources faster.

I think warshard is a map that IS coming soon, but I'm not 100% sure

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
It could be a dungeon or questing world like Kainzo said awhile back.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Bear in mind, this thread is nearly a year old. It was back in the days of Sanctum (<3), when coin was very inflated compared to today.
I saw that, the math still applies for the most part, just not the base values.

Aetosion

Obsidian
I'm referring specifically to non-renewable resources, not renewable ones. Gold, for example, is not renewable. Once all gold is mined from the map, the borders would have to be expanded for more gold to be acquired. Selling gold to the DHX makes it dissapear, and using it in weapons and armour (which then break, and more must be used to reapair them, if that is desired) makes it dissapear.

Near the end of Zeal, for example, almost everywhere you mined at 8-12 y (and around 31, that world gen had lots of gold around 31), you'd run into a tunnel after going for only a minute or so. Had Zeal lasted another 6 months, it's feasible that all gold ore will have been mined. This is my point.

A. We will never mine the map completely dry
B. Adding Warshard would devalue all ores and other non-renewable or hard to get items, as there would no longer be a limit. On a clean map, mining ravines and caves lend a stack or so of iron- perhaps half a stack of gold, therefore devaluing iron and gold on the main map- where all ravines and caves have been long since mined out.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Typing fast, as my laptop has 6% battery. Let's note http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/herostreet-stock-market-guide.1087/ , now, let's note that the staff has expressed interest in creating a world in which resources are renewed. This will cause the economy to take a nose dive, with the over-inflation of the markets with non-renewable resources that are suddenly renewable. Gold will (even with fixed prices), be worth then the equivalent of 3c now. All materials will drop in value, the coin value will drop exponentially, and trade will go to shit.

That is all. 4% battery left. I'll add more to this tomorrow, perhaps.

Creating a new world will not create the systemic problems in items that you express EXCEPT in items that are considered "rare" gathers. Items that have similar properties to how pumpkins used to [Where everyone would run out and gather them all then hoard them until the price went up] are the ONLY items that would be affected by this. The only current items I could think that have these properties is Mossy Cobblestone/ Cracked Cobblestone.

Gold, iron, diamonds, lapis, etc. etc. all need to be gathered in the world, and are readily available in any world if they are regenerated or not. I am assuming that you are saying that 9C will be worth what 3C is in the future due to hyperinflation, but that is common among economies as the pool of money grows. Kainzo has done an excellent job implementing coin sinks so far, most of which have really helped in economic stability, but more coin sinks are always better.

This is a psuedoscience economic supply and demand scenario that simply doesn't happen. Materials will drop in value because the prices go down due to an influx of supply of more people gathering more common items, but, as noted on the current map, after the initial influx of supply from people gathering like crazy the supply tends to level out and the demand starts to diminish the excess supply that is being sold at lower prices due to a larger supply. Market equilibrium starts to return. Therefore, the cause of prices being lower is not that they are present in a renewable world, but that the release of a world wherein resources are still filling the landscape encourages people to mine when they usually wouldn't, thus causing a player induced influx of supply.

Tl;Dr - This is gloom and doom, the market will not crash because you give people more land to mine that suddenly regenerates its resources - We generate new land all the time and the market doesn't collapse.

I'm referring specifically to non-renewable resources, not renewable ones. Gold, for example, is not renewable. Once all gold is mined from the map, the borders would have to be expanded for more gold to be acquired. Selling gold to the DHX makes it dissapear, and using it in weapons and armour (which then break, and more must be used to reapair them, if that is desired) makes it dissapear.

Near the end of Zeal, for example, almost everywhere you mined at 8-12 y (and around 31, that world gen had lots of gold around 31), you'd run into a tunnel after going for only a minute or so. Had Zeal lasted another 6 months, it's feasible that all gold ore will have been mined. This is my point.

A. We will never mine the map completely dry
B. Adding Warshard would devalue all ores and other non-renewable or hard to get items, as there would no longer be a limit. On a clean map, mining ravines and caves lend a stack or so of iron- perhaps half a stack of gold, therefore devaluing iron and gold on the main map- where all ravines and caves have been long since mined out.

Limits on items don't affect the market as much as supply does. As I said, more people mining and the map actually having ores creates an excess in supply for a short time, but then the market shortly returns to equilibrium after a short rush.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
fyi, gold IS renewable. might take a while to gather the nuggets from pigmen, but it IS renewable.

Aetosion

Obsidian
If we didn't have set DHX prices for gold, I'd agree. The economy would self-regulate itself. Prices on ores would adjust , the coin value would stabilize. With the set gold buying, with no money to run out of, the economy will destabilize as a constant influx of coins will come in.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
The pice of gold is not set in stone. It is determined by the staff. In Sanctum, the price of gold DID change every couple of month, it just didn't in Zeal.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
If we didn't have set DHX prices for gold, I'd agree. The economy would self-regulate itself. Prices on ores would adjust , the coin value would stabilize. With the set gold buying, with no money to run out of, the economy will destabilize as a constant influx of coins will come in.

The function of coin sinks is to prevent this problem. Thus, arguing for coin sinks would be more beneficial than arguing against entire worlds.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
When the Sanctum warshard came out, I noticed no difference between the pre- and post-warshard economies.