• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion townships

what happened with townships?

the original idea, from what i understood, while testing, was for the houses to require very useless or common items and turn them into a small amount of souls daily. giving a pit for those huge abundance of items and to have some sort of use or value.

that is how it was setup during the testing.

but now, the houses require no items to 'run' the building and give out very little souls. hell, most towns complain about not having any income at all. (aside from taxing the residents)

my suggestion is, bring back the items needed to run the buildings at least..
people once spoke of removing virtual currency all together, and making it all physical

the way its setup now you could build a bunch of houses and never worry about restocking them. just sit and collect the money. lazy. they should need to be restocked daily. just how a LWC disappears after 30 days if the owner doesn't open the chest!

there's even no way to raid the other towns either, unless they leave doors open, or a spy opens the doors for them.

towns need to be more vulnerable (not residences) maybe just during war time?
towns being almost invincible was a HUGE problem mentioned tons of times with the previous township plugin, and nothings changed.

in the end i see little to no difference in the two township plugins, old and new.

(aside from a good pop-up menu and easier to understand command list)

i thought the new plugin was designed to fix the economy, and it has stayed exactly the same. anything you mine or gather in minecraft is completely worthless, except for the rare item drops. and lets face it. even a few of those are worthless

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
This is more of a rant than a suggestion, but I agree with some of your points. Rest assured this is a subject that has received A LOT of attention and debate behind the scenes :p I've been running towns on HC for years, and share your concerns for the current system. One thing you can always count on, Herocraft will evolve. There's no such thing as a perfect system, but we will continue to work towards a system that suits Herocraft's needs.

Suggestion tip: Organize your problems/concerns, then present potential solutions/ideas for said problems. Also less caps/italics/colors, that makes you come off aggressively. Whenever we're dissecting an issue at work we try and list all the problems we're experiencing, and then we work line by line to come up with solutions. Discussions and dialogue create opportunity for ideas, and promote a culture of innovation within the community.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The only thing I like more about this newer plugin is that the towns are cheaper to set up, other than that I hate it. It's not that the plugin is bad, it's mainly that it's too complicated for noobs, too restrictive and the towns war system really will never work because of the insane expenses required to fight another town.

Another thing, what happened to kingdoms? Or mayor titles? Both things I would like to see again, and with kingdoms instead of destroying towns with war you "conquer" them for the next few days.

I could easily see myself paying for sieges and other war money sinks. But with taxes everyday I really can't. I would rather have huge inflation then a system too expensive to use.

For Actual town production the only problem I have is needing to transport the items that don't stack. It's really painful and not practical without double chests worth of backpacks.

Just how I feel about the plugin. This was typed on my phone so there may be a lot of error or things missing

the red was just for people that are like "too long didnt read" it gives them certain things to concentrate on when they are just scanning, wasnt meant to be angry

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I see a few problems with townships

1. Complexity, it can be a bit of a learning curve to understand all the soul harvest whatnot required to keep a town running. Now that I understand it, I don't feel as if I want to start a town because all that sounds like a hassle. As far as I'm concerned a town should have a townhall and just a big region around it.

2. Coalmines, 18 picks for 9 coal? This has to be a joke, it is easily the most work intensive mine/quarry/farm for the least benefit. With 1 treefarm I can make 12 stacks of oak in a day that theoretically could turn into charcoal. Meanwhile I'm pumping in picks for almost nothing. It should be something like 6 picks for 12 coal.

3. Regarding towns being vulnerable. People join a town for the region protection, take that away and there is no point, but right now it is a little easy. I'd rather the whole map go pvp than the ability to lose region. Would make people want to be in a town more.

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
1. That was like the old town system. It was just a huge region without anything else. Changes have to happen to keep stuff new and interesting.
2. Never had a coalmine since coal is not rare enough to waste money on it. But you can make a Treefarm Kindleworks Axefactory and Pick factory to pretty much automate it. If the warehouse would still work it would be fully automatic. And i think you could even get more coal out of it than burning wood to coal.
3. Why would anyone take town regions away? Dont think kainzo has any plans for that. With the release of the Adventure world the map will be full pvp if this informations are still correct.

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
1. That was like the old town system. It was just a huge region without anything else. Changes have to happen to keep stuff new and interesting.
2. Never had a coalmine since coal is not rare enough to waste money on it. But you can make a Treefarm Kindleworks Axefactory and Pick factory to pretty much automate it. If the warehouse would still work it would be fully automatic. And i think you could even get more coal out of it than burning wood to coal.
3. Why would anyone take town regions away? Dont think kainzo has any plans for that. With the release of the Adventure world the map will be full pvp if this informations are still correct.

Regarding the old system vs new, I like things to change, but I think it is a few too many steps.

As far as coalmine, I totally agree, nobody EVER does it cause what is the point? Not anywhere near worth the trouble.

In a previous suggestion somebody wanted to remove region. I dunno

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
We need factions.
I think Kain said something about factions on another HC server, as well as minigames.

When this plugin was in testing you could wage "wars" with other towns, and pretty much if you pumped enough money into it kill their region for a bit.