• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Townships] Stop Block trapping

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't feel like reading all of it, but I guess I'll post my opinion after reading the first few pages.

GUIDELINES FOR VISITING TOWNS THAT AREN'T YOURS
#1. Don't go afk, it might not be friendly
#2. Never go afk in minecraft, wtf? Log out
#3. Don't lag over walls if your not prepared for the consequences
#4. Prepare to be boxed in if pvp is off and the town hates you
#5. Stop being a whinny bitch and get on with the game.

Go mine for 5 minutes and you can get your precious 2 diamonds back.

I'm finally bored so I came back, and its time for me to re mine the stack of diamond blocks that someone stole from me. I'm no longer pissed, so you should get over 2 little diamonds.

Shenorai

Banned
I see no reason whatsoever to make "Block Trapping", as you put it, illegal. It is a civilian's defense against unwanted people. If you didn't bring the supplies with you to warp, that's your own fault, now isn't it?

Let's put you in this situation:

You are working on a building project, ferrying your materials from your house to your project. Along the way, you realize that there is someone in your town who is running around and looting whatever chests they find. There's no Mayor or SIC available to report the crime to, so you can't just ask for the region permissions to be toggled.

Although you feel compelled to go confront the bastard, you realize that you have no weaponry on you whatsoever. Not even as much as a few logs to make a craftbox and a wooden sword out of. You're mostly carrying terraforming materials (dirt, gravel, etc.).

What would you do in this situation?

You could run home and grab your gear, but in the time it takes to go gear yourself up for battle, the thief could have wandered well out of sight or even warped out by now, leaving the criminal run free.

Or you could stalk the guy with Dirt and Gravel in hand until he gets to an ideal place for trapping. Like say a corner within your town's regions where you could simply use five Dirt to trap him and three Gravel to let justice be served by suffocation.

You see, us Crafting folk don't always carry a sword everywhere we go. But at the same time, some of us are loyal enough to our towns to seek justice against those who do the town's community harm, even if it's through something like looting.

So if you've been caught raiding a town before or simply aren't on good terms with someone in a specific town, simply don't fucking go for a visit. Even we Builders can be as deadly as the PVPers, when given the chance.

You obviously can access the forums, so you can check a town's roster easily.

For the sake of town defense, I say Block Trapping should stay legal. ^^

EDIT: On a random side-note, we NEO NUTs actually block trap our own friends just for the fuck of it. Dirting has been our tradition since the beginning. It's funny as all hell, really. Laugh it off or just simply find something else to play.

Or you could use lava, which is legal to every citizen. Far less dirty tactic approved by the server.

If you don't have a sword or lava on you, well isn't the exact same as not having redstone?

Also, that song makes absolutely no sense to the situation. It's not a wonderful world full of caring people who only want to help. It's full of pricks, thieves, murderers and malice.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
A Daring Enchilada said:
Also, that song makes absolutely no sense to the situation. It's not a wonderful world full of caring people who only want to help. It's full of pricks, thieves, murderers and malice.

Wrong! Caring people. Nice try, though!

Shenorai

Banned
So in other words, I'm a prick, thief, and murderer full of malice.

Yep. Sums up myself and the majority of the NEO kingdom. Good going, burrito. No wonder you're in such a pissypants mood...

If you don't like incarceration; then don't visit the town who has beef with you. Simple.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
The only thing that has ever destroyed a township, guild or kingdom on this server, besides inactivity, is enmity. It's fun to role-play war and bloodthirst, or rivalry and mutiny, but when the related emotions become real, people leave and those who remain become bitter and the whole server suffers. This community may only exist in the virtual world, but we're together now, and while we may have different styles of play and might be affiliated with different groups within the server, we all have one thing in common: we love Herocraft, and we want it to not only subsist, but to flourish and become more grand than it already is, For this reason, I call us friends. War and theft will help shape this server much the same as treaties and sharing, but the only thing that will ever deliberately deny service on Herocraft is if we continue hating each other, calling each other names and stop playing as friends would play.

As far as the rules go, I think Kainzo has summed up the administration's stance quite well:

Kainzo said:
If you're wandering into a strange township - consider it the least they can do to tell you aren't welcome. Much like a robber would wonder into a city and then be thrown into jail.

BUT WAIT - YOU CAN GET OUT - you have /kill /cast recall or /cast gate.

Sorry, I really can't keep up this charade much longer, I quit actually arguing a couple pages ago and when people went on, I put up an act. Fact is: I hate block trapping, but I don't need to reiterate my argument. However, it has been really entertaining keeping this thread alive.

In a way, it's been trolling, only arguing with some logic. Sadly enough, I can't keep this page open forever, and this forum makes it hard to keep track of threads I've posted on.

See ya, non-mexican food stuffs.

gtastuntdude

Legacy Supporter 7
A Daring Enchilada said:
Sorry, I really can't keep up this charade much longer, I quit actually arguing a couple pages ago and when people went on, I put up an act. Fact is: I hate block trapping, but I don't need to reiterate my argument. However, it has been really entertaining keeping this thread alive.

In a way, it's been trolling, only arguing with some logic. Sadly enough, I can't keep this page open forever, and this forum makes it hard to keep track of threads I've posted on.

See ya, non-mexican food stuffs.

I have the strangest feeling...Your fate wont be a good one.