• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug [Townships] Arrow Turret

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Problem;

+arrow turret(s) don't target/ fire at player(s) (ran a variety of tests, more info under thoughts)
+would randomly use up regents (arrows)

Thoughts;

I really haven't got a clue to why this is happening. We did do a few initial tests such as removing all players from the region members as well as Removing SR member status. We had the player stand level to the actual region chest itself. Also removed any blocks that cut off the 'line if sight' of the turret. None of this actually got the turret itself to fire. Also, it's worth saying that the turret seemed to be randomly using up it's regents (arrows) even though no player was being targeted.

Note(s);

+Region did have the correct regents
+Region did have the correct building material requirements
+Added all SR members to the turret using .to addmember (SR name)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@Beau_Nearh How old is the turret? Has it been operating for some time and now stopped working, or is it a brand new build that has never worked?

If it's not a new build, has it ever upgraded to ArrowTurretCharged or ArrowTurretMax?

And when you speak of adding all SR members to the turret, that wasn't when you were testing it, was it. Just wanting to clarify why you mentioned that bit, please.

Might be handy to test it with a player who has never been on the SR, if possible.

If it was an existing build that has stopped working, I have an idea why this is. If it's a new build that has never worked, I don't (as yet). (Although I have a hunch it could be something obvious, lol.)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
@WitchOnaRampage

Turret age; Brand new, just unlocked and built it today.

SR members added to region; Yea, I was really struggling to get my point across for this. I just wanted to mention that the regents for the turret was still being occasionally used even though all players within it's radius were added to it's region members though the command ./to addmember FerrumMous (it should add all members within that SR to that region).

Future testing; I will, I'm going to be recruiting more players soon-ish so I'll try get some feedback on how the turret interacts with them before I add them to the SR (this should be fun :D).

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I have more info on this bug.

I found a similar thing happening with arrow turrets at a location on the Southern continent.

No animation, no sound effect, no damage sustained - but arrows disappear slowly from the chest.

@Beau_Nearh and @devotedworker (if you still have your test turret up) - will you kindly check again and see if you can get an idea of how frequently the arrows disappear? It seems slower than every 2 seconds. I'm wondering whether it's closer to the bugged Hospital heal rate of every 20 seconds or so. Or it might be something else entirely.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I have more info on this bug.

I found a similar thing happening with arrow turrets at a location on the Southern continent.

No animation, no sound effect, no damage sustained - but arrows disappear slowly from the chest.

@Beau_Nearh and @devotedworker (if you still have your test turret up) - will you kindly check again and see if you can get an idea of how frequently the arrows disappear? It seems slower than every 2 seconds. I'm wondering whether it's closer to the bugged Hospital heal rate of every 20 seconds or so. Or it might be something else entirely.
Its every 5 Seconds Roughly

Ninjavlad62

Glowing Redstone
I also built an Arrow Turret today. I Tested it with removing town members and it didn't make a sound or even damage then. Then i saw this posting and also tried it with people outside of my town, also didn't work. Hope i helped a little, it would be cool to see this actually work.