• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Townships 3.0

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I started off liking townships 3.0, it was amazing just loved the whole setup. Then I went to raid... Every time I was about to get a kill they ran into "safe zones" inside their towns. I got really mad about this. Then These turrets dealing 3 hearts per shot? So I did complain about it and they said they would take it out, I thought this was going to be amazing. Now They added 25% Damage to the Defenders AND 40 Damage every 2 seconds as long as you stay in the towns region. Then Theres this thing called a Ceasefire apparently? Frankydemon attacked us and got a few kills at the start but we were forced to stop fighting because "we had proved enough"
Are These Ceasefires going to be a thing that Admins/Mods will do? Also 25% Damage + 40 Damage Every 2 sec + turrets 3 hearts per shot, Not to Mention the fact that the safe zones are still in sept now if they are tagged they can be attacked, Makes for a very hard time raiding. I thought this plugin was supposed to help pvp? I'm Not even taking to account peoples traps and advantage being its their base. This makes it so I cant even chase people into their undercity anymore, Ninjas cant fade outside your door, Smoke is useless in towns, Camouflage dosnt work in towns...
If this is added I think pvp will downright die, I know me and few friends have already said we may quit if its added.
Also some classes have 800 hp, (Bard) Malawolf asked Multi What If my Bard only has 800 hp? He says
Don't Play Bard then
This is stupid, We are also yelled at for pvping saying "It Makes Testing Impossible" I disagree with this, Whats the Point in adding siege stuff if we cant pvp? I can use the Argument also the Multitalented Teleporting me to the Other Side of them map when I didn't have Redstone making it impossible for me to test, and Then when I was just riding my horse around amoria How they kept Trying to teleport me. Overall I belive this system favors pve way to much, Also the fact that They Can LWC an Arrow turret is stupid.

@munchlaxhero @MalaWolf @Multitallented @Phoenix_Frenzy @Trazil @Jreems

I think this is a good post

25% damage increase sounds ridiculous. What if a Ninja was sneaking around town, defending it and they targeted one of your squishies. A Ninja will already drop a caster from behind in a matter of seconds, but add that 25% damage boost. Eviscerate goes from 175 damage to 218.75 damage. Then add on each separate 100 damage backstab. You can also look at a wizard, a 200 damage bolt turns into 250 damage. 25% damage bonus is too much, I could understand something around 5%.
The 40 damage every two seconds:
  • Necromancer at 30 intellect - the two DOTs together aren't even as strong as the town's DOT
    • Decay only does 20.5 damage every two seconds for 14 seconds
    • Plague only does 18.25 damage every three seconds for 18 seconds
  • Druid with 30 wisdom -- can only out heal the damage the DOT from the town will put out if the Druid uses its single target heals on one person
    • Rejuvenate only heals 13.75 health every two seconds for 20 seconds
    • Healingbloom only heals 24.6 health every two seconds for 20 seconds
    • Regrowth (only the DOT) only heals 34 health every three seconds for 15 seconds
  • Cleric with 30 wisdom -- Cleric heals well against the DOT but in the end will still probably die because the cleric will run out of mana very fast
    • Sacred Touch every 19s (16s cooldown, 3s warmup): 317.5. Turret Damage every 19s (rounded down to 18s): 360
    • Divine Blessing every 17.5s: 217.5. Turret damage every 17.5s (rounded up to 18s): 360
    • Holy Water every 14s: 116.25. Turret damage every 14s: 280
    • Fullheal Every 24s. Turret damage every 24s: 480
The DOT is stronger than the DOT class' DOTs, out damages a Druid's heals, and forces a cleric to spam everything in its kit to keep up (even at that point the cleric will only be able to help so many people because of mana/single targeting). I would understand something small, and less obnoxious like 5 damage every 2 seconds.
I understand the reasoning behind the 300 damage per shot turrets but they are too OP. They are especially OP if the dispenser gets LWCd, you will not be able to empty the turret. If the turret focuses a squishy target the target will die in three hits. I suggest either reducing the damage to 200, and remove the ability to LWC the dispenser. Or change the damage to % health so it is just as effective against squishy targets as it is against tanky targets and remove the ability to LWC the dispenser
The No-PvP areas. There are too many of them. Your town should not have 10+ different places people can escape to, to become safe. Look at what all the townspeople do in movies when they are under siege (not the best reference but I did not want to reference something historical because I may have been wrong), they all run together in one place. It could be the church, town hall or whatever. I think we should also apply this to this system. I think it would be better if there was one larger No-PvP region instead of 10 or more smaller ones.
As for the admin abuse, that is just stupid. For the organizers of the event to be favouring one side more than the other is dumb. Especially considering that the winning team gets rewarded. I am pretty sure they also stopped Sanmak from winning last test (@Tigobitties123 knows more about this)

Last edited:

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
The main point in the siege town event is to test towns, including siege, camping a town for 5 hours by staying outside the doors is not siege.
- Without the DOT you can walk into a house and be immune as an enemy town because everyone is.
- The Dot costs so do the turrets, you can even take the arrows out of the turrets so they don't shoot anymore.
- Combat tagging has been fixed, please edit your post
- If you want to attack a TOWN why not siege it, why not build siege cannons and an outpost, why not test the features of the plugin? If you say it's because money it took me about 1h of mining alone to get 3k souls.
- As Trazil mentioned camping is a part of pvp, an ugly part of pvp that I'm sure drove more people off the server than anything else. I understand killing a guy 2-3 times but staying and camping inside their town for 5h rly ?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
The main point in the siege town event is to test towns, including siege, camping a town for 5 hours by staying outside the doors is not siege.
- Without the DOT you can walk into a house and be immune as an enemy town because everyone is.
- The Dot costs so do the turrets, you can even take the arrows out of the turrets so they don't shoot anymore.
- If you want to attack a TOWN why not siege it, why not build siege cannons and an outpost, why not test the features of the plugin? If you say it's because money it took me about 1h of mining alone to get 3k souls.
- As Trazil mentioned camping is a part of pvp, an ugly part of pvp that I'm sure drove more people off the server than anything else. I understand killing a guy 2-3 times but staying and camping inside their town for 5h rly ?
1. Don't understand what your saying here, it could be cuz I has adhd
2. Re-Read my Post
3. Great for you must have been lucky? I don't want to pay 3k everytime I go to raid when you can latterly smoke and break it
4. 5Hours? That's an exaggeration, you guys did try to gank us too.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
1. it limits pvp inside towns without healers
2. people with more time will have a much bigger advantage over anyone else which isn't a good thing
3. reading may help
4.thats in an almost unmined map and 4x the souls and again refer to #2. we were also lowering your power so actually we were holding a siege :p
5. yes I did say camping was a part of pvp, however that isn't all pvp is but that's what is has been treated like. you can't just think of what the plugin is doing now but what it will do when it goes live. yes camping has made people quit but you cant get rid of it without hurting general pvp.

P.S. we were not there for 5hrs maybe 2-3 because you kept coming out and trying to refill the turret before we got our loot :p then came back because we were pissed

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
@MariusAbyssal

-These "DOTS" are blatantly op, yes with them in place you can walk between houses and are not trapped inside your houses against raiders, working as intended right? WRONG, as a raid I can only spend maybe 10 seconds inside your town before I'm forced to run out, this is not even including the damage from other players, the arrow boost and the 25% bonus damage. The only way to counter it is to get to the townhall, that's going to be blocked off and it will kill you before you even get close.

-Sure they can be expensive but if you where able to use it without issue following a 5 hour raid preventing you from mining then it is obviously cheap. I could be wrong but, know that the admins obviously spawn items/money for you. http://imgur.com/YXYedbo,bx4zbJ5#1 This money was going down as this DOT system was being introduced, there is no reason for an admin to drop in money unless they where helping you out. Although it could be a coincidence :3

-Combat Tagging appears to be working.

-If I want to attack a TOWN I could seige it, I could spend 3.7k not just on a cannon but on an outpost and a command tent. I could use all this money for a simple raid with the intention of fun pvp. (fun for us the raiders, that is why we pvp.) The cost of attacking a town for an intended 'light raid or skirimish' makes it not worthwhile. This is also enchanced by the fact that WE ARE SPENDING OUR MONEY ON OUR OWN TOWN. when we get enough to siege we will, but at the moment this is light raids to test the blatantly op defensive measures.

-You don't play on the pvp server, these raids occur there daily and are typically met with responses such as graveyard rushing and raging. THIS IS FUN, it happens to us and against and we enjoy it. Furthermore this type of pvp is extended because of the pvp safe-zones. THE PVP FREE ZONES ENCOURAGE US TO CAMP, we will never move on if you run away to a safe zone, accept the loss and death and we will leave, if you came out grouped up and fought us we would leave, if you stay inside buildings SHOOTING US WITH ARROWS of course we are going to stay. Oh wait we can't because of blatantly op things such as the DOTS.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
1. Don't understand what your saying here, it could be cuz I has adhd
2. Re-Read my Post
3. Great for you must have been lucky? I don't want to pay 3k everytime I go to raid when you can latterly smoke and break it
4. 5Hours? That's an exaggeration, you guys did try to gank us too.

When did we come and stay at your town for a big period of time?

5 hours may be an exaggeration but 3 at least.

You don't need to pay 3k everytime you go raiding your town does, lets say 3k divided by 10 people in the town 300 each and that's for a small town. I don't want to have to pay money every time you guys come and sit at my door for hours just to be able to get out.

Siege definition :
The act or process of surrounding and attacking a fortified place in such a way as to isolate it from help and supplies, for the purpose of lessening the resistance of the defenders and thereby making capture possible. This is not Townships 3.0 Camping Test, this is Townships 3.0 Siege Test.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
When did we come and stay at your town for a big period of time?

5 hours may be an exaggeration but 3 at least.

You don't need to pay 3k everytime you go raiding your town does, lets say 3k divided by 10 people in the town 300 each and that's for a small town. I don't want to have to pay money every time you guys come and sit at my door for hours just to be able to get out.

Siege definition :
The act or process of surrounding and attacking a fortified place in such a way as to isolate it from help and supplies, for the purpose of lessening the resistance of the defenders and thereby making capture possible. This is not Townships 3.0 Camping Test, this is Townships 3.0 Siege Test.
we were lessening your resistance, and making you run low on supplies :p so by that definition we were holding a siege

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@Kainzo You said take it to the fourms so I was thinking you May want to see this

@TheYeti you said something about you wont be bias and hating everyone on this topic

MalaWolf

ICE ICE ICE!
@MariusAbyssal

-You don't play on the pvp server, these raids occur there daily and are typically met with responses such as graveyard rushing and raging. THIS IS FUN, it happens to us and against and we enjoy it. Furthermore this type of pvp is extended because of the pvp safe-zones. THE PVP FREE ZONES ENCOURAGE US TO CAMP, we will never move on if you run away to a safe zone, accept the loss and death and we will leave, if you came out grouped up and fought us we would leave, if you stay inside buildings SHOOTING US WITH ARROWS of course we are going to stay. Oh wait we can't because of blatantly op things such as the DOTS.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I bout these raids occur daily on the pvp server with the amount of people playing....

And I used to play on the pvp server, not much lately, but these raids are the exact reason why most towns either have huge walls or are huge buildings.

I would also agree to remove the pvp free zone and disable wizards and runeblades opening protected doors with telekinesis.

Minecraft and I think Herocraft in general is about soo much more than pvp. If you want to just pvp I can think of a few fantasy/medieval arena fighters.

Siege facilitates a nice way of forcing your enemy to come out of their town and face you something people have been complaining about since the server started but I see you keep clinging to the old days and towns will again become just 60 block high walls or "boxes",

Last edited:

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Haven't been on yet for testing yet but let me pose a question. Anyone can answer

"How can you tell the effects of townships 3.0's implementation if it's still changing?"

The whole point of the testing is to see what works and what doesn't. There's still another week of testing left to be done.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Haven't been on yet for testing yet but let me pose a question. Anyone can answer

"How can you tell the effects of townships 3.0's implementation if it's still changing?"

The whole point of the testing is to see what works and what doesn't. There's still another week of testing left to be done.
Practice How you play basically, He wouldn't be testing the effects of cookie on MalaWolf if his assignment was testing the effects of cookie on a cow

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
IRL seiges last sometimes months. 5 hours does not sound excessive if you are calling it a seige. Seige weapons need not be used during a seige, it is still called a seige. Just to clarify a seige is a battle in which one army sets its encampments around the opponents city (camping) and attempts to subdue them through attrition.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
25% damage increase sounds ridiculous. What if a Ninja was sneaking around town, defending it and they targeted one of your squishies. A Ninja will already drop a caster from behind in a matter of seconds, but add that 25% damage boost. Eviscerate goes from 175 damage to 218.75 damage. Then add on each separate 100 damage backstab. You can also look at a wizard, a 200 damage bolt turns into 250 damage. 25% damage bonus is too much, I could understand something around 5%.

The 40 damage every two seconds:
  • Necromancer at 30 intellect - the two DOTs together aren't even as strong as the town's DOT
    • Decay only does 20.5 damage every two seconds for 14 seconds
    • Plague only does 18.25 damage every three seconds for 18 seconds
  • Druid with 30 wisdom -- can only out heal the damage the DOT from the town will put out if the Druid uses its single target heals on one person
    • Rejuvenate only heals 13.75 health every two seconds for 20 seconds
    • Healingbloom only heals 24.6 health every two seconds for 20 seconds
    • Regrowth (only the DOT) only heals 34 health every three seconds for 15 seconds
  • Cleric with 30 wisdom -- Cleric heals well against the DOT but in the end will still probably die because the cleric will run out of mana very fast
    • Sacred Touch every 19s (16s cooldown, 3s warmup): 317.5. Turret Damage every 19s (rounded down to 18s): 360
    • Divine Blessing every 17.5s: 217.5. Turret damage every 17.5s (rounded up to 18s): 360
    • Holy Water every 14s: 116.25. Turret damage every 14s: 280
    • Fullheal Every 24s. Turret damage every 24s: 480
The DOT is stronger than the DOT class' DOTs, out damages a Druid's heals, and forces a cleric to spam everything in its kit to keep up (even at that point the cleric will only be able to help so many people because of mana/single targeting). I would understand something small, and less obnoxious like 5 damage every 2 seconds.

I understand the reasoning behind the 300 damage per shot turrets but they are too OP. They are especially OP if the dispenser gets LWCd, you will not be able to empty the turret. If the turret focuses a squishy target the target will die in three hits. I suggest either reducing the damage to 200, and remove the ability to LWC the dispenser. Or change the damage to % health so it is just as effective against squishy targets as it is against tanky targets and remove the ability to LWC the dispenser

The No-PvP areas. There are too many of them. Your town should not have 10+ different places people can escape to, to become safe. Look at what all the townspeople do in movies when they are under siege (not the best reference but I did not want to reference something historical because I may have been wrong), they all run together in one place. It could be the church, town hall or whatever. I think we should also apply this to this system. I think it would be better if there was one larger No-PvP region instead of 10 or more smaller ones.

As for the admin abuse, that is just stupid. For the organizers of the event to be favouring one side more than the other is dumb. Especially considering that the winning team gets rewarded. I am pretty sure they also stopped Sanmak from winning last test (@Tigobitties123 knows more about this)

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I haven't tested this at all, but from what I am reading, cost for siege is too high, and Dmg for defending is too high. Raids do happen daily if we have the player base, hourly even. If we have to spend 3k+ every time, then that is reficulous. If players can hide in their town and not really have to fight, also bullshit. Sieges should allow warring town access to another town by means of attack and be able to kill anyone inside. If you want to be safe, build bigger towns. You spend the money to remain safe, not the other way around, where raiders spend all the money to siege. Build more defenses in terms of traps etc.