• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Townships 3.0] Let us salvage buildings

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
When an player destroys their own house/farm/etc. it should give them back 30-40% of the cost of the building. What do you think?

Actually, scratch that. I think the salvage rate should differ depending on the region. For example, houses should be 50% because you can upgrade them so much. Farms could be 25-35% and everything else could be 0%.

Last edited:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Sounds like a good idea - but do keep the salvage value low - 30 to 40% sounds appropriate. 35%?

EDIT TO ADD: I didn't have experience in building a test town when I said that and didn't appreciate the issues. I'd like to think about it a bit more...

Last edited:

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Currently you can renovate houses and other structures to increase their size. Often players don't plan ahead and build so that they have no space to grow (I don't blame them, tier 1 towns are tiny things). This is especially the case if a town doesn't upgrade to the next tier when it becomes available (rather spend money building houses so they can invite more people into town).

EDIT: I think the salvage rate should differ depending on the structure. For example, I think houses should have a 50% salvage, farms could have 25%, and other stuff could just be 0%.

Last edited:

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I'm not sure about farms needing a salvage value, I can see stores having a salvage value during a remodel or even processing plants (factories) but not farms. They don't require much in the way of building or in cost. Town infrastructure however would be a definate salvage value item.

Multitallented

Legacy Supporter 5
Ya, I think you're right no farms. Really I think farms, factories, quarries, and mines should have no salvage value. They are utility buildings that are completely unnecessary (but useful).

Town trading buildings (under the soul-shards category) should have a salvage value. These are supposed to be very valuable buildings that can only earn money through town trade. They are supposed to be the biggest income of a town.

Town infrastructure can be valuable. I think those structures should be analyzed on a case-by-case basis. They are just so different. For example, a hospital does nothing for the town except heal members nearby automatically. Public sector structures (aka fluff buildings) like libraries and courthouses give power to the town over time. The value of these structures is different, but subjective.