• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Township] - Town Based Permissions on LWC

Do you see this being a useful feature for towns?

• Hell no, I love redstone torchs everywhere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KiwiGuy

TNT
I'd like to make a small suggestion and with my limited knowledge of how MC perms plugins work I think this would be possible.

I'd like to see a [Town] permission option when allowing access to LWC items.

EDIT:<Another addition to this could be access rights based on town role, access based on town rank for example.>

This would allieviate the headache of having to add each and every town member to an access list for a LWC chest for example.

This could also be used for say a button. Then any town members could activate said button and it would function and non-town members wouldn't see it work at all.

I see this as a great way to say have a town gate that only town members can activite while keeping all those baddies out there, locked out.

It would also be beneficial as stated above for an all access town chest for members to use and yet keeping it safe from thieves (well those from outside the town of course).

I don't see this detracting from game play at all as most players are using redstone torches in regioned areas atm that only town members can break, which is effectivly doing the same thing, but looks ugly as hell. I also like the idea that your town members can have say an iron door on their town mansion and still allow everyone in the town to come visit without having to use as I stated above, ugly redstone torches everytime.

Well hopefully I have conveyed this idea well enough for everyone to grasp my vision.

Thoughts, Comments and Critism welcome......

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
You can already do this with a couple minutes of work.

/cmodify @<player name> will add a player as a chest admin, Admins can then add other players to the chest/switch. <player name> is case sensitive.
/cmodify <player name> will add a player as a registered user of the chest/switch allowing them to use the item.

You can even password protect a chest so that users who know the password can open the chest/switch.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
You can already do this with a couple minutes of work.

/cmodify @<player name> will add a player as a chest admin, Admins can then add other players to the chest/switch. <player name> is case sensitive.
/cmodify <player name> will add a player as a registered user of the chest/switch allowing them to use the item.

You can even password protect a chest so that users who know the password can open the chest/switch.
I believe he means a town owners can do a skill like /cprivate town which would enable the whole town to use it, so it doesn't take the mind numbing task of going /cmodify <playersname> again and again.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
It would also be awesome if they left/were removed from the town they were taken off the regions too.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't mind so much the work of adding townspeople to lwc's. What would be nice in my opinion would be a /town cprivate command that would allow lwc's to be purchased from the town bank. As it stands once taxes are automated mayors will need to either collect at least a portion of the taxes manually, or purchase town lwc's with their own funds. Another issue would occur if a town were ever to change ownership and the old mayor unavaiable the new mayor would need to wait a month then pe for the removal of the lwc if needed. If the lwc belonged to the town owners and managers would be in a better position to move them and to purchase them.