• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Township Region Loss Countdown Broken

MAGYAR12

Glowstone
It seems whenever I check a certain town by typing /to who [Town Name] the region loss countdown resets back to 24 hours after hitting 0. I'm pretty sure that's some sort of bug... Don't townships fall automatically?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'll reply with as much as I know, but I don't have the full story.

There are at least two countdowns. One is for missing money (not paying tax) and one is for missing regions. Basically, yes, the way the timers are set up atm does not give accurate information and needs fixing.

The timers reset for a period of time. So while the timer does say a period of time that is less than 24 hours, you need to know when the timer started and what it's for to be able to tell when it will finally end!

Missing tax:
  • I think the timer for missing money is like 2 days. You get a notice that money is missing, then you have 24 hours to fix it, then the region goes down.
  • But what is missing money? The server draws money from the town's bank to pay taxes. When the town bank hits zero, the server draws money from each of the town's owners. (I don't know about members, but owners, yes.)
  • So the missing tax timer will keep resetting until the town bank AND the owners' account balances hit zero, then there's probably another 24 hours, then the regions go down.
Region loss countdown:
  • The timer for missing regions is more like 1 week.
  • Note with a missing regions timer, the broken region can be fixed and the town region will be re-enabled.
@Alator for more info on this please and the possibility of a fix? @devotedworker @alexhoff1

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Don't forget that when towns tick they are taxed AND gain money from housing and soul shops. If those amounts are equal then the town cqan essentially have no money in the bank and survive forever.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Don't forget that when towns tick they are taxed AND gain money from housing and soul shops. If those amounts are equal then the town cqan essentially have no money in the bank and survive forever.
Hmm, this didn't occur to me. Granted, the regions that have been going down for unpaid taxes generally are only tribes or outposts. I might review my list of towns later to see if any larger regions have gone down in this way.

Beau_Nearh

Portal

I can sure you most of their housing regions don't have anything in them ;)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
The countdowns are wonky. They don't always do what they are supposed to do, and some features attached to them don;t work at all atm. We're working on it (TM).