• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town of Braavos Creeper Greifed[LO]

Do you think this is ok to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
The Braavos under city has glowstone lit streets and enough torches placed around to light up a small country. Despite this, as Leftovers pointed out, you cannot fully light an under city of that size--it's just not possible. Not to mention that it takes only the slightest bit of shadow to allow mobs to spawn. Creeper damage should be turned off in towns--this kind of griefing is stupid, malicious and should be considered unacceptable.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I'll man up and admit that I was responsible for originally planting the seed of getting into Braavos' base in the first place. I was responsible of digging a staircase going downward to the level where your underground city's floor is. At that point it took luring 4 creepers into the exact location to finally break through 2 layers of stonebrick to get access into your base. At that point one of your town members, Ruka-Samurai or something, came downstairs and was snooping around, probably suspecting something fishy had just went down. He spotted me and my accomplice* and began to run the opposite direction. We chased him to the point where he was about to get hit, until he logged off. At that point 10 minutes later xFuze showed up and proceeded to absolutely crush us repeatedly (Dragoons 4 life).

Throughout this process I had noticed that the hole that was blown at your perimeter had been covered back up by dirt. After xFuze repeatedly killed me and my town members repeatedly to the tune of a 20 kill streak (I'm embaressed at how terrible we did, or at how OP Dragoons are) I logged off for the night.

Now, of course, here comes my 'excuse' for my actions. As you know, as it stands, breaking the barriors to get into a base via creeper explosion is LEGAL. I'm the kind of compulsive gamer who will try anything within the rules to get an edge, and this seemed like the best option. If left alone inside your town, I wouldn't have done what your screenshots have shown, just for the sake of it. My intentions were to steal, not to destroy made structures.

Let it be known that I've already fought against this rule yesterday. I think having the ability to do what I did to get inside a base being legal is hogwash, and defeats the whole purpose of becoming a miner as well. I would be happy if this became illegal from now on end, or if creeper explosions were turned off at all levels inside a regioned area.

For what it's worth, impressive underground area, and I'm sorry it got destroyed the way it did. As it stands though, rules are rules, and this rule is a head scratcher.

I am calling bullshit. Nothing was legal about what happened in Braavos. You have no excuses just man up. You and your accomplices* will most likely get in trouble as there are obvious signs of greifing. You just lead several creepers to blow up several locations on "accident".

*=You should name who helped you, and who you worked with. Make this easier.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm a newbie to HeroCraft. I'm in a town with my mates, and really, this is just a poop move. Creeper damage to grief, should be considered 'griefing' which correct me if I'm wrong, is illegal. What is the purpose of creeper environmental damage? There is absolutely none. Unless you want buttugly bases covered in anti-creeper/tnt things, take environmental damage off. You want hardcore? You've buffed them insanely already, and player/mob damage is crazy enough. Giant, green, OP, exploding dicks are not what I want to be griefed by continuously.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
I'll man up and admit that I was responsible for originally planting the seed of getting into Braavos' base in the first place. I was responsible of digging a staircase going downward to the level where your underground city's floor is. At that point it took luring 4 creepers into the exact location to finally break through 2 layers of stonebrick to get access into your base. At that point one of your town members, Ruka-Samurai or something, came downstairs and was snooping around, probably suspecting something fishy had just went down. He spotted me and my accomplice* and began to run the opposite direction. We chased him to the point where he was about to get hit, until he logged off. At that point 10 minutes later xFuze showed up and proceeded to absolutely crush us repeatedly (Dragoons 4 life).

Throughout this process I had noticed that the hole that was blown at your perimeter had been covered back up by dirt. After xFuze repeatedly killed me and my town members repeatedly to the tune of a 20 kill streak (I'm embaressed at how terrible we did, or at how OP Dragoons are) I logged off for the night.

Now, of course, here comes my 'excuse' for my actions. As you know, as it stands, breaking the barriors to get into a base via creeper explosion is LEGAL. I'm the kind of compulsive gamer who will try anything within the rules to get an edge, and this seemed like the best option. If left alone inside your town, I wouldn't have done what your screenshots have shown, just for the sake of it. My intentions were to steal, not to destroy made structures.

Let it be known that I've already fought against this rule yesterday. I think having the ability to do what I did to get inside a base being legal is hogwash, and defeats the whole purpose of becoming a miner as well. I would be happy if this became illegal from now on end, or if creeper explosions were turned off at all levels inside a regioned area.

For what it's worth, impressive underground area, and I'm sorry it got destroyed the way it did. As it stands though, rules are rules, and this rule is a head scratcher.

/sigh

This from a guy who was just complaining about how his animals were being killed by a malicious griefer who was only getting 1pt of exp per kill so be must have been doing it just to be a prick?

Dude, you of all people know how hard we worked on that under city. You know it was largely my project and much of it was accomplished by my hard work and heavy time investment. I know you left Braavos in a less than amicable split but I had thought better of you. It's tough knowing I utterly misjudged your character. :(

I'm not with Braavos anymore myself but it still sucks seeing all that destruction happen to such a beautiful area. :(

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
"Griefing
4 Griefing may be defined as:​
4.1 Breaking into areas otherwise impossible to enter.​
4.2 Destroying blocks in another player's structure."​
Using creepers to utterly destroy regioned blocks and player structures is illegal.​
Using creepers to do so could also be included within these rules:​
"1.1 Building or mining within towns without explicit permission from the town's mayor.​
1.2 Intentionally abusing glitches or game mechanics."​
Danda should read the rules more often, and since all players are to read the rules as they join they'd know this is illegal - thus they are to be punished for their actions.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I am calling bullshit. Nothing was legal about what happened in Braavos. You have no excuses just man up. You and your accomplices* will most likely get in trouble as there are obvious signs of greifing. You just lead several creepers to blow up several locations on "accident".

*=You should name who helped you, and who you worked with. Make this easier.

Why would I full-on admit to only a portion of what I did last night? I shot the sheriff, but I didn't shoot no deputy. I told you I blew a wall to get into your base. One of your members spotted us and logged off as we were about to hit him(probably to get xFuze, perhaps on teamspeak, i don't know?). We spent less than 10 minutes inside your base until xFuze showed up to make our lives difficult. I attempted to go back to see if I could get in through the hole, but it was patched up with dirt, and still is.

What I did was well within the rules. Whoever was responsible for what was done through the screenshots you provided may be seen as excessive griefing. Again though, 'excessive griefing' is an objective term, and there's always going to be opinions on what it and what isn't excessive. If they only blew 2 holes, perhaps that would be viewed as fine... is 4 excessive though? What about 5?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Several holes+greifing. Is:
-Excessive
-Against the rules
-Grefing

What I did was well within the rules.

No it wasn't.
"Griefing
Using creepers to utterly destroy regioned blocks and player structures is illegal.​
Using creepers to do that could also be included into these rules:​
"1.1 Building or mining within towns without explicit permission from the town's mayor.​
Danda should read the rules more often, and since all players are to read the rules as they join they'd know this is illegal - thus they are to be punished for their actions.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
1. good luck getting enough creepers to do that without anyone noticing.
2. I'd like to see someone do that without killing themselves multiple times.
3. There is no easy way to track who did it

From my understanding and talks with Kain is that using creepers to break into under cities is fine.
But if there is excessive griefing we will do something about it.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Danda said:
1. good luck getting enough creepers to do that without anyone noticing.
2. I'd like to see someone do that without killing themselves multiple times.
3. There is no easy way to track who did it

From my understanding and talks with Kain is that using creepers to break into under cities is fine.
But if there is excessive griefing we will do something about it.​

Good luck thriving with those home made rules.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Favith, as I said, I'll do anything I can to gain an edge in gaming as long as it's within the rules. As stated, what I did was within the rules (granted a bad rule). If I were to write the script the hole that I broke to get into the base would have been the only damage done within the region. I came there to steal, not to destroy all of your hard work. I'm sorry that you had to leave from all of this, and that I have a tit-for-tat mentality when it comes to retaliation.

rfgordan

ICE ICE ICE!
At this point it's irrelevant to debate about whether or not it's griefing. What clearly needs to be done, and hopefully we can all agree on, is to stop creeper explosions in towns. This should be a no-brainer for the staff

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Creepers don't do block damage in regions. Because the new township system doesn't use regions, creepers can still do damage. Why not just remove block damage all together?
Wrong. We use the WG regioning API to generate regions but we have our own manager which is why usual commands don't work. This means we still have all WG region capabilities just without the interface stuff.

"Griefing
Using creepers to do so could also be included within these rules:​
Kevin you should know better than everyone else considering that you're a guide that the rules on the wiki do NOT define everything and that there are some unwritten rules that we haven't gotten around to defining on the wiki/forums.

Also publicly berating a staff member that is merely stating what he understands the rules as currently is not the kind of behaviour a guide should be showing. I put nothing in there about what I thought the rules should be so I don't know why you feel the need to publicly attack me.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Well get to writing the rules down. I tire of hearing 'this is legal/illegal, but we can't be bothered to put that information out there for you.'.

This is grieving plain and simple. What is the difference in using a creeper or using a pickaxe or TNT to destroy someone else's structure?

The only reason this is legal is because you can't log or track who is responsible for making the creepe blow up?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Well get to writing the rules down. I tire of hearing 'this is legal/illegal, but we can't be bothered to put that information out there for you.'.

This is grieving plain and simple. What is the difference in using a creeper or using a pickaxe or TNT to destroy someone else's structure?

The only reason this is legal is because you can't log or track who is responsible for making the creepe blow up?
At what point did I say that what happened here wasn't griefing?
I'm not arguing that this instance isn't excessive use of it. Read what I'm actually typing next time before raging.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
At what point did I say that what happened here wasn't griefing?
I'm not arguing that this instance isn't excessive use of it. Read what I'm actually typing next time before raging.

Only the first part of my reply was for you. Sorry for not seperating the reply better. The rest of it was a reply on the thread in general.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Only the first part of my reply was for you. Sorry for not seperating the reply better. The rest of it was a reply on the thread in general.
Tbh in this instance it's probably quite easy to find out who did this.
I'll poke around

Status
Not open for further replies.