• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town of Braavos Creeper Greifed[LO]

Do you think this is ok to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
pffft, no honor. when we played back in the nhl 2002-04 days I was killing it without abusing any one type of goal. Id cycle the puck, confuse the other team, hit the shit out of them. I played to have the most fun. If you win doing something dishonorable is it really as fun? I don`t know why you're still pissed about the braavos thing. Apparently I'm the only taking the high road. Ironic

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
pffft, no honor. when we played back in the nhl 2002-04 days I was killing it without abusing any one type of goal. Id cycle the puck, confuse the other team, hit the shit out of them. I played to have the most fun. If you win doing something dishonorable is it really as fun? I don`t know why you're still pissed about the braavos thing. Apparently I'm the only taking the high road. Ironic

I still feel that all men, or even boys should learn some honor. Keep your honor, then perhaps people might respect you for who you really are.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Personally I think creeper damage should behave like Miner's TNT.

The idea is that it is desired to be able to breach towns, but not grief. If creepers acted like TNT should/will (where the broken blocks regenerate to the original state) then whoever is leading creepers to breach towns is a freaking genius.

Mastering Miner to get the TNT skill is alot of effort, and this is a good way to get around that OR compound the effect by also being a miner and using TNT to breach harder.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Has @Kainzo weighed in yet on whether or not this is considered Griefing? I didn't see a response from him so far, but sometimes commentary is made outside of a thread.

IMHO, luring Creepers to blow up towns to gain entry is an exploit (albeit a VERY clever one, well-done). Using it repeatedly to continue blowing up the town after you've already gained entry, AND not replacing the blocks after you're done raiding chests and such, is griefing. Fairly simple.

As for those who "Can't believe STDs would do such a thing..."

Really? http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/lets-allow-griefing-hear-me-out.24762/page-3#post-223424

For those too lazy to click a link and read, he's been a repeated advocate of allowing griefing, and I think he knew exactly what he was doing, and should the evidence (block history) implicate him (and others), that they should be dealt with accordingly.

And by "acccordingly" I mean mandatory castration using rats, a metal bucket, and a blowtorch.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
As for those who "Can't believe STDs would do such a thing..."

For those too lazy to click a link and read, he's been a repeated advocate of allowing griefing

Bad paraphrasing. I advocated griefing in non-regioned areas to encourage everyone to be in towns/get personal regions. Your attempt to make me seem like a monster has failed.

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
Bad paraphrasing. I advocated griefing in non-regioned areas to encourage everyone to be in towns/get personal regions. Your attempt to make me seem like a monster has failed.

On the contrary. I have no interest in making you out to look like a monster. You actually seem like a fairly nice person, despite our differences of opinion when it comes to griefing. You might have noticed I deliberately included the caveat "should the evidence (block history) implicate him (and others), that they should be dealt with accordingly."

I should, however, have also included in that sentence "...and if Chief finds it to be griefing..." since, really if Chief's cool with it, then there's no foul, except for the whole, you know, blowing up people's hard-work just to get some petty loot.

So, no, no accusations of being a monster. Ultimately, I'm just weighing in on whether or not using Creepersplodies is griefing, and offering an appropriate punishment to fit the crime.

malmenca

Diamond
@leftovers5 Just tryna clarify the rules we are looking at here. The wiki, as many people have said (Not in this thread but in other places) , is not a valid source of information.

Danda is a nice guy, and to doubt his knowledge of the rules, and to call him out is rather disrespectful.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
This is sick and wrong. @Danda you should be ashamed of yourself for support this malicious and disgusting behavior.

EDIT: I take some of that back, I wasn't aware at the time of your helpfulness in the situation in game. Sorry Danda!
I never said once that what happened here was ok. I don't see how I deserved that at any point lol.
:(

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I never said once that what happened here was ok. I don't see how I deserved that at any point lol.
:(
I'm sorry for slightly scapegoating you, Danda, you know that I think you're a nice guy. :(

It's just frustrating to see shit like this repeatedly happen, and nobody gets in trouble.

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
If you think using creepers to break into towns should be illegal, then why isnt using dragoon jump to get over our walls?
Yeah I agree, they should really make it so whenever a dragoon tries to jump over a wall he is insta-killed. *sarcasm*

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
no, but im just talking about breaching walls. if someone uses 4 creepers to poke a 3x3 space in someones wall and they have to repair it once in a while, isnt that just part of the game? i mean, it obviously wont take long to repair. if guys are luring multiple creepers into the town to destroy houses and cause extensive damage in a malicious way, then yeah theres no debate thats a pretty scummy thing to do. but i think if people are bitching about having to replace 5 stone bricks on their town wall, they need to find something better to complain about. if you'd like to band the entire practice of breaking into areas using creepers then i could totally understand that, but I think the general result of someone doing it isn't a huge deal and keeping guard of the town, and general upkeep and shit is sorta part of the experience no? I certainly wouldnt condone what happened last night with guys blowing their way into someones house to steal their chest and kill him while causing extensive damage.

I'm new to the game so I don't fully understand some of the intricacies of the rules and skills. If someone blows a wall up with TNT does the wall regenerate itself? if so, how long does it take? I think if creeper damage did sort of the same thing, it might not be the worst thing to allow creeper breaching. I think I'll just stand back and let you all figure this out because I'm such a noob I don't really have an educated opinion on this.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Such precision was used. No way I would be able to use a creeper to only blow up the block on top of a chest and not the chest itself.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
if youre talking to me, there were no creepers being used to breach chests. just the wall. can't speak for what happened with potpete and those other people though. sounds like they really fucked shit up

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I think that 1st, @Danda should release the findings of the checks of Braavos chests here, and post here who it was and what will happen to them(regardless if it has already been done). Then 2nd, an admin needs to lock this so we can get on with our lives.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'll do the lock but we don't release information about who was involved and what punishment we hand out.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're deliberating on this. It is a very rare occurrence to find a creeper near a region, bring it to the edge and make it explode in the wall. You can prevent this by re-inforcing your area, lighting up the area, etc.
When we get in the TNT-regen plugin, creepers will not permantely destroy blocks - they will regen slowly.
@Roadkill909 we're waiting on your "much better" framework for this.

This is important to us to ensure that people aren't being harassed, but due to some limitations are hands are a little tied. Perhaps the best solution is to grant the cave towns creeper block dmg immunity for an extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.