• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Limit, Audit and Taxes - Solutions to a Growing Problem?

The biggest flaw on this server in my opinion is Dragonguard Shops and Plots.

People have become to confortable (including myself) keeping all their things inside a completely secure plot where no one will ever be able to touch it. Having no plots would increase the need for people to group up, share their items, and thus increasing the need for people to work together and not become inactive.

The shop system was great last map, the roads flourished with business and shops galore. It encouraged people to walk the roads and also greatly encouraged PvP. Sure there were some flaws such as camping the border but some of my greatest memories on Zeal were PvPing on the main roads.

Most of the others flaws are the fact that the staff doesn't monitor the rules. Like mentioned above they don't check Taxes often and don't enforce building rules. With a few more rules in place and active staff that constantly monitor the rules such as tax and building codes it would definitely help a lot.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
In zeal me and my friend Roguemind had a guild that was "Good". Our goal was to destroy all evil towns. One day he went in "Undercover" and joined One of the eviler towns, I Forget the name. He then procedded to gain their trust, get into their LWCs and when the time was right, we got the guild in and took everything they needed for A: Building the town, and B: Causeing chaos through PVP. We didn't clean out their members chests or dump things just for the hell of it. We only took what 3 guys could carry in 2 or 3 trips. That night was epic, sneaking through the town, past people in their plots, and then bring it back to our base of operations 100 blocks away.

When the admins got involved, roguemind told them about the "Operation", and they laughed and told the town that they wern't going to do anything about it. It was all in the spirit of the World of zeal.

We may not have set them back much, or even caused them distres, but that night has to be one of the most dear to me moments on this server.

RIP Roguemind, wherever you are..
Things like these moments are awesome. That is why I think you should be able to join towns and steal all their shit, makes the game so much more fun.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@iHazBryn

That's a guild. Plus, you had access to LWCs, not a region. I think even now you can steal from LWCs, if you have access, but i'm not too sure about that.

To steal from towns using region abuse is more serious. In nearly all cases that have happened in the past, a town has been wiped clean because of it. It doesn't serve any purpose and degraded the community. Normal raiding is permitted because it doesn't involve insane disadvantages, abuse of server systems, ect.

@heylookitskyle I too feel that there should be less shops in the TD. But doing this won't get rid of inactive towns, a degrading community, ect.

@HolyRane Moments like this? Are you nuts? You people expect trust between players, yet then you go and approve of something like this? If you are going to troll, get it out of this thread. Thanks.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
@iHazBryn

That's a guild. Plus, you had access to LWCs, not a region. I think even now you can steal from LWCs, if you have access, but i'm not too sure about that.

To steal from towns using region abuse is more serious. In nearly all cases that have happened in the past, a town has been wiped clean because of it. It doesn't serve any purpose and degraded the community. Normal raiding is permitted because it doesn't involve insane disadvantages, abuse of server systems, ect.

@heylookitskyle I too feel that there should be less shops in the TD. But doing this won't get rid of inactive towns, a degrading community, ect.

@HolyRane Moments like this? Are you nuts? You people expect trust between players, yet then you go and approve of something like this? If you are going to troll, get it out of this thread. Thanks.

Ahahaha. Majoras he had access to everything, we just wern't douches about it. Sure I got myself a fancy new pair of armor asn stuff, but we didn't empty them out. They even showed him the mayors hidden chests.

Holyrane is right, not trolling. Moments like that define hardcore. Sure I couldn't pull it off, people know me, and If you did you would have that reputation. Its all part of the game.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Ahahaha. Majoras he had access to everything, we just wern't douches about it. Sure I got myself a fancy new pair of armor asn stuff, but we didn't empty them out. They even showed him the mayors hidden chests.

Holyrane is right, not trolling. Moments like that define hardcore. Sure I couldn't pull it off, people know me, and If you did you would have that reputation. Its all part of the game.

Let me give you some history lessons. When people started to rob eachother blind in Zeal, using region abuse, ect, do you know what people did? First, they started to lock up their town. Making walls and defences as soon as they could. Then, they got money and bought a noble plot for themselves only. Every case of having access to regions within towns, to then abuse those powers, makes people cautious and not willing to trust others. You and HolyRane sit there, expecting more friendly people, less noble plots, coming outside to fight, when, how?

The abuse of regions is one of the main factors (if not the total root of the problem) which has split the server community into indivuals, not groups. This is why people have noble plots; for their own protection. This is why people have walls; for their own protection. This is why people stay inside towns and personal regions; for their own protection. If you go and suggest things such as the ability for anyone, at any time, to abuse regions for ''hardcore'' experience, then you'll add to the problem. Think of the good communities we have lost due to this. The Communist Collective, D101, even the original Dragongarde ''Lorien'' was better than what there is now: but it all got raided clean by WeeWoo and co.

Oh, and don't expect people to play fair with region powers. If you didn't know this already, not everyone is ''great''/''non-douchey'' such as yourself. If they have regions, they'll go all the way. Every chest, every item. Nothing is to stop them but the mayor/SIC.

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
The abuse of regions is one of the main factors (if not the total root of the problem) which has split the server community into indivuals, not groups. This is why people have noble plots; for their own protection. This is why people have walls; for their own protection. This is why people stay inside towns and personal regions; for their own protection. If you go and suggest things such as the ability for anyone, at any time, to abuse regions for ''hardcore'' experience, then you'll add to the problem.
That's exactly why I got my own plot, because I couldn't trust anyone anymore. I think people need to stop using "oh, but the server is hardcore" as an excuse. Stealing is fine, but not through abusing regions. I'm not sure how to satisfy both parties though. If you give everyone one free LWC raiders can't get all the good items but if there are no LWCs regions can still be abused.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
That's exactly why I got my own plot, because I couldn't trust anyone anymore. I think people need to stop using "oh, but the server is hardcore" as an excuse. Stealing is fine, but not through abusing regions. I'm not sure how to satisfy both parties though. If you give everyone one free LWC raiders can't get all the good items but if there are no LWCs regions can still be abused.

I have more than enough reason to believe that both HolyRane and IHaz trolling when they are discussing region abuse to access chests. Thus, I don't see the need for ''both parties'' to be satisfied. You either allow region abuse or you don't. The whole ''LWC'' arguement is also pointless, there will never be enough to store all building mats, plants, rares, armour, food and other blocks/items.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Now listen up ladies, to solve stealing from LWC's don't add people you don't have COMPLETE trust over, it's that simple. If someone left the town but the Mayor forgot to remove them from the regions, That is THEIR fault for not doing it. But on the other hand, it is sort of hard to grow a huge community if people are stealing left and right. Though long story short, don't keep things in your town until you have the money for LWC or a good place to hide it and only add the people to the LWC you have the utmost trust towards. Anyway, back to the topic of this thread

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Now listen up ladies, to solve stealing from LWC's don't add people you don't have COMPLETE trust over, it's that simple. If someone left the town but the Mayor forgot to remove them from the regions, That is THEIR fault for not doing it. But on the other hand, it is sort of hard to grow a huge community if people are stealing left and right. Though long story short, don't keep things in your town until you have the money for LWC or a good place to hide it and only add the people to the LWC you have the utmost trust towards. Anyway, back to the topic of this thread

I disagree, but yes, let's get back on topic.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Why do you keep saying the CC died because of region abuse?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!! We only had ONE issue like this, and it was BEFORE we had regions.​

The CC was raided to the bone when it had regions, wtf are you on about? That isn't the only example i'm using. D101, Lorien, Erebos, Rangpur, and many other towns have had issues with players stealing from others/abusing regions.

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
The CC was raided to the bone when it had regions, wtf are you on about? That isn't the only example i'm using. D101, Lorien, Erebos, Rangpur, and many other towns have had
issues with players stealing from others/abusing regions.
So much for back on topic :S

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
^Region abuse is another important issue and it deals with towns, I think it should be included in the discussion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
The CC was raided to the bone when it had regions, wtf are you on about? That isn't the only example i'm using. D101, Lorien, Erebos, Rangpur, and many other towns have had issues with players stealing from others/abusing regions.
So much for back on topic :S

Some people never listen do they? I'll say it again and this is final: I'm going to ignore the posts that just go too off topic. HolyRane, IHaz, we can take this discussion elsewhere. Not here. Thanks.

@Nadastorm The issue of region abuse has already been dealt with. It's in the rules. Steal from a town/abuse regions = punishment. There is nothing to say here. You just have to petition those that steal from chests/abuse regions, and, hopefully, and most likely, they'll get punished.

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
You're being such a fucking hypocrite, it's sad that we can't come to an agreement. I believe there is 2 kinds of players on herocraft, people like you and people like bryn, we need a place in the middle.

Nadastorm

Legacy Supporter 1
You just have to petition those that steal from chests/abuse regions, and, hopefully, and most likely, they'll get punished.
The rules say that any region abuse is illegal now or just joining town for malicious intent? Sure, people will get punished, but those who get raided won't get their stuff back because we're hardcore even though they did nothing wrong.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
You're being such a fucking hypocrite, it's sad that we can't come to an agreement. I believe there is 2 kinds of players on herocraft, people like you and people like bryn, we need a place in the middle.

Think of it this way, If you join a town, and fuck them over, your going to have that reputation, and you won't be able to join other towns. If we remove Spawn plots, that person is going to have a bad time playing this server, when no one lets him join thier town.

Last map we had a "Blacklist" for people like this, and it worked great.

Majoras, the reason that this rule was implemented was not to stop stealing from towns in general, it was because many players would have alt accounts that they would send into other towns.

I belive, that If you can work your way into trust, then you should be allowed to fuck them over, at the cost of your reputation. There are evil players out there, and they will be quickly rooted out.

That brings us back to the fact that you can be too safe in a town, or in a DG plot.
If ultimate security was taken out, you could ran back over and kill that guy 100s of times and steal his shit, after he fucked you over. Right now he can just take it and hide it in his town, or DG plot.

If you get stolen from, Its your own fault.

Maybe bring back child regions to stop this?

EDIT: don't know why I quoted you rane... :p

HolyRane

Legacy Supporter 7
Think of it this way, If you join a town, and fuck them over, your going to have that reputation, and you won't be able to join other towns. If we remove Spawn plots, that person is going to have a bad time playing this server, when no one lets him join thier town.

Last map we had a "Blacklist" for people like this, and it worked great.

Majoras, the reason that this rule was implemented was not to stop stealing from towns in general, it was because many players would have alt accounts that they would send into other towns.

I belive, that If you can work your way into trust, then you should be allowed to fuck them over, at the cost of your reputation. There are evil players out there, and they will be quickly rooted out.

That brings us back to the fact that you can be too safe in a town, or in a DG plot.
If ultimate security was taken out, you could ran back over and kill that guy 100s of times and steal his shit, after he fucked you over. Right now he can just take it and hide it in his town, or DG plot.

If you get stolen from, Its your own fault.

Maybe bring back child regions to stop this?

EDIT: don't know why I quoted you rane... :p
Thanks ^_^

ThatAintFalco

Portal

Why, why must zeal have all the good memories, while dragon is kind of lame.

I admit that I like dragon more than zeal. Maybe it seams that leveling is easier, and classes are more broad, but the only thing missing the fun times. I wish herocraft could be more fun, instead it's just grinding, pvping, and all that jazz. Too bad there isn't anythings new to herocraft that can bring joy to both pvpers, raiders, and builders,

EDIT; /ch walrus arf

Just letting everyone know, I started arf

MajorasMask

Ungodly
@Kainzo As for the township plug-in you were talking about earlier, I presume that citizen audits, tax days and a town limit would be introduced, yes? As for inactive towns, is mod/admin going to remove them prior to the introduction of the plug-in, or will it come naturally? One last thing, is there any known date when we'll see it being implemented?