• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Town Defense.

This thread is in response to DaShniper's Thread.

So as of the 1.2 update there have been quite a few new things that will effect herocraft in multiple ways. Two of them becoming very relevant to town, capital, and city builders/owners. One being the new build height, I cannot imagine (What with everyone's amazing creativity.) what this could lead to nor do I even want to begin to comprehend how epic they will be. The second one being, Iron Golems.

Now, I'm sure everyone hates getting raided ten times over, especially when they feel so safe. So I though, "Well what if Iron Golems were attached to towns and killed mobs and players that were deemed threats?" I think this would be great idea, it would make raiding that much harder to do and since people get pissed when they get raided and dominated so easily, it should definitely be considered.

Now obviously there should be a limit, you shouldn't be able to place down more than 5 of these things (For gods sake, they do at least 5 hearts of damage) that would just lead to whining and then a nerf. I sort of forgot where I was taking this idea, but I think you get the point.

TL;DR?
Iron Golems should be sentries.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
From what I can tell, this is actually an idea that Kainzo has been kicking around for a little while- though I've also heard that it will be karma-based as well, when that system gets implemented. I'm not 100% sure what that entails, only that when originally suggested, good-aligned towns were more likely to have golems- but don't quote me on that!

agentjwall

Godly
Yah Kainzo did say he wanted good-oriented towns to have IG although he's not sure if it will work. As for damage, every other mob's HP and attack strength has been edited for herocraft so I wouldn't assume the IG's Health and Damage output are set in stone.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
How about: After achieving town status a Spawner is placed in the center point of town which spawns iron golems. They will only attack people not on the region.

500 coins - Max of one golem spawned at a time

An additional 1000 - Spawns a second golem

An additional 1500 - Spawns a third golem.

Perhaps?

Theazian

Legacy Supporter 3
How about: After achieving town status a Spawner is placed in the center point of town which spawns iron golems. They will only attack people not on the region.

500 coins - Max of one golem spawned at a time

An additional 1000 - Spawns a second golem

An additional 1500 - Spawns a third golem.

Perhaps?

I feel like that would be impossible to code a region based AI for mobs.

I don't think it should be deemed impossible. It would sort of be like connecting a player to a region, except we would be adding a mob to the region.

I think the impossible part would be making it agro onto a player outside of the region.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Actually mellow, I think the ideal way to code it would be that a towns region is treated as an NPC village, which could be cool. Causing them to agro non-towny's would be a challenge tho i imagine :p

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Most towns are already un-raidable, due to high walls and such. But I like the idea because it brings something new to the table

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Actually mellow, I think the ideal way to code it would be that a towns region is treated as an NPC village, which could be cool. Causing them to agro non-towny's would be a challenge tho i imagine :p
Could it be tied to HTTP's town lists, perhaps? Like "everybody from these towns is friendly, all others are unfriendly".

Could be that we have to make golem pens to keep them contained in case of visitors. Which I'm okay with.

SemajArchMage

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel like that would be impossible to code a region based AI for mobs.
Nothing is impossible. But some things can be classified as excessively tedious, yes. If Kainzo can do it without crashing the server every time the script runs, should be a blast.

One way I'm thinking is just setting the iron golem to be an always hostile mob to everyone except the "approved list" (which can use the same code as the one that keeps necromancer skeletons from murdering the party).