• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Town] Crossworld Channels

Nicolaos

Legacy Supporter 7
I think it would be useful to have the town channels to be crossworld since we do have the opportunity to have crossword chat already through the akward to use /town chat command.

Nicolaos

Legacy Supporter 7
I was more referring to the fact that my town, at least, seems to use the HeroChat channel far more than the /townchat channel and that it would be convient if the HeroChat channel worked crossworld as well.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I was more referring to the fact that my town, at least, seems to use the HeroChat channel far more than the /townchat channel and that it would be convient if the HeroChat channel worked crossworld as well.
This!

Admira1Ackbar

Legacy Supporter 6
The /tc command is working fine for me now. However, since you have to put /tc before every message you send over it, it doesn't get used very often (at least for my town). And as a result of it not being used very often, when it is used, it's usually ignored as a plain white status message.

Since we have the ability to send cross world messages (via /tc), it would be nice if the HeroChat channels could go cross world as well. I don't feel it would change capabilities much, but would be a lot easier to use.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
The /tc command is working fine for me now. However, since you have to put /tc before every message you send over it, it doesn't get used very often (at least for my town). And as a result of it not being used very often, when it is used, it's usually ignored as a plain white status message.

Since we have the ability to send cross world messages (via /tc), it would be nice if the HeroChat channels could go cross world as well. I don't feel it would change capabilities much, but would be a lot easier to use.
I feel a customization for townchat would be cool as well, also the ability to actually focus on the chat by doing /tc...

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Almost all towns tend to use channels over the /tc command. For practical reasons, it's only sensible to make town chats cross world.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Almost all towns tend to use channels over the /tc command. For practical reasons, it's only sensible to make town chats cross world.
Yes - a lot of people do that, but what is the main reason behind it? I think it's because you can't customize /tc properly. It can be hard to read the white text, and you can't focus onto it, which really sucks. If you could focus on to /tc, then donors wouldn't have to use their channel to make a chat for their town, so they could use it on something else, if they wanted to.

Admira1Ackbar

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes - a lot of people do that, but what is the main reason behind it? I think it's because you can't customize /tc properly. It can be hard to read the white text, and you can't focus onto it, which really sucks. If you could focus on to /tc, then donors wouldn't have to use their channel to make a chat for their town, so they could use it on something else, if they wanted to.
Does it take someone using a personal channel to get a HeroChat channel for a town? On Dragon, when we set up our town, it came with a HeroChat channel.

If /tc was made to allow customization and focusing, then it could work just as well. However, it would probably just be easier to enable the setting for cross world communication (it already has the capability, I believe, e.g.: Help and Tour chat are cross world, I think) for the HeroChat channels that are associated with towns/kingdoms, since HeroChat already supports everything that would need to be added to /tc.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Does it take someone using a personal channel to get a HeroChat channel for a town? On Dragon, when we set up our town, it came with a HeroChat channel.

If /tc was made to allow customization and focusing, then it could work just as well. However, it would probably just be easier to enable the setting for cross world communication (it already has the capability, I believe, e.g.: Help and Tour chat are cross world, I think) for the HeroChat channels that are associated with towns/kingdoms, since HeroChat already supports everything that would need to be added to /tc.
I believe it is that way, it is with guilds, though that might be a different case... Though yes, it would work doing it like you proposed, if you don't have to use a donor channel on it.