• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Town Creation close to tax collection

Josua

TNT
So I created a town today but it is already gone because it was created to close to taxation collection

Basically I used 250c on creating the town stepped away from the keyboard for a few minutes and when I came back the town had been closed because of the taxation collection.

So I pe'ed it but got told to come over here and report it, because "no refunds"

Wouldn't it be better if there was some way of avoiding this? Like previously where towns could miss a few tax collections before getting destroyed? In this case if a town was able to miss just 1 collection, this would be avoided... Or set its so that town's cost 260 to create and 10c of these is automatically put into the town bank? Or maybe the console could ask the player to put money into town bank right after creation so that is avoided...

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
So I created a town today but it is already gone because it was created to close to taxation collection

Basically I used 250c on creating the town stepped away from the keyboard for a few minutes and when I came back the town had been closed because of the taxation collection.

So I pe'ed it but got told to come over here and report it, because "no refunds"

Wouldn't it be better if there was some way of avoiding this? Like previously where towns could miss a few tax collections before getting destroyed? In this case if a town was able to miss just 1 collection, this would be avoided... Or set its so that town's cost 260 to create and 10c of these is automatically put into the town bank? Or maybe the console could ask the player to put money into town bank right after creation so that is avoided...
Well that sounds most unfortunate! So I take it you created your town just before midday CST (currently CDT)? This is the tax time for all towns.

I will add this to the wiki Towns Guide.

I doubt Towny allows for jumping over tax events.

I wonder whether it might be possible to add a comment that's generated by the town creation event @0xNaomi ? - such as about tax being taken at midday CST each day etc and to deposit funds to cover tax immediately on creation.

Last edited:

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4

I know this sounds unjust but if you are creating a town and you genuinely care for your regions to stay up you should deposit 1000-2000 in the bank to keep them regions going

Josua

TNT
I know this sounds unjust but if you are creating a town and you genuinely care for your regions to stay up you should deposit 1000-2000 in the bank to keep them regions going

Only thing was that as the town creation happened too close to tax collection I was unable to keep it going.

Edit: Also it seems like a weird way to punish people for being unfamiliar with the towny plugin

Last edited: